Where Are Evangelical White Christian Leaders?

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
"In a small community in Virginia, USA, a couple hundred hardened racist white supremacists gathered apparently to protest the removal of a statue of a General from the American Civil War named Robert E. Lee. There is currently in the southern states of America controversy about Confederate statues and flags being displayed. For those not familiar with American history it was in the South where slavery was practiced and a significant number who fought in the Civil War did so to defend the institution of slavery, as well as, the role of government and private property. It was after the Civil War and during the period of reconstruction that many of these statues along with other Confederate War memorials were erected. It was also during this time that the Confederate War flag was flown to show "Southern Pride." These signs and symbols were also used by some in the defense of racial segregation and white supremacy. So for one group it is a matter of cultural pride (mostly white Americans) for others they are signs and symbols of centuries of injustice, oppression, hatred, and segregation. They were signs and symbols that represented segregated schools, restaurants, toilets, and neighborhoods. They were signs and symbols of a culture were justice itself had a foundation in the injustice of racism.

In light of a community deciding to remove a statue of a Confederate War General, a group of White Supremacists come to this small little town with the intent of advocating, with acts of violence. a way of life - white supremacy and segregation - that is not only abhorrent but at its very core evil. One would hope that we had seen the end of the ignorance of these racists and bigots. We all know that there is much to do when it comes to racial relationships and reconciliation, but I firmly believe that most Americans have moved beyond the blatant racism of this weekend and these vile individuals.

This morning, as a pastor of a local church, I commented on the events and certainly renounced white supremacy, racism, and hatred. I was speaking to the choir. Mostly because I have often, over thirty years, called my small church family to Gospel life and the belief that all life is sacred. I have spoken against racism and violence, as well as, teaching that violence is never an answer to violence and hatred is never a response to hatred. And, I have also tried to teach my people about the "white supremacy" that is inherent in the Pro Choice movement from the very beginning with the teaching of Margaret Sangler and continues in the work of Planned Parenthood. What greater violence than the murder of unborn children, many of whom are minority children. The Gospel is clear and I hope clergy in my communion make that clear that racism in any form is unacceptable and any racial supremacy teaching is demonic and evil at its core.

I am also appalled at the voices that are making this about politics. This is not about President Trump (his response) or President Obama or Congress or about which political party is more racist or more responsible for racism. For Christians it is about making it very clear that the Gospel is about the sacredness of all human life whether in a small town in Virginia, DR Congo, in Iraq and Syria, in the Civil War in Burundi, the salve trade of Thailand, slavery in the Middle East, or the lives of the poor innocent children who will die tomorrow in abortion mills.

The voices of White Supremacy will not prevail. Those who will prevail are the thousand upon hundreds of thousands of Christians who yesterday and today prayed for healing in our nation and for the Church to be a clear voice for the dignity of every person. Jesus Christ is our only hope and our only real source of unity."

This is a statement from the worldwide patriarch of my church (obviously a church born in the pro-life cause)...against the hatred of the alt-right, neo-Nazi, White supremacist movements.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Where do evangelical leaders stand?

Other than Falwell, I don't think that anyone has spoken out. They seem to continue to be very accepting of the president.

Franklin Graham spoke out, saying shame on the people criticizing Trump, and asking what about the politicians who tried to remove the statue.

Russel Moore spoke out, but he's always been a nevertrumper.

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"In a small community in Virginia, USA, a couple hundred hardened racist white supremacists gathered apparently to protest the removal of a statue of a General from the American Civil War named Robert E. Lee. There is currently in the southern states of America controversy about Confederate statues and flags being displayed. For those not familiar with American history it was in the South where slavery was practiced and a significant number who fought in the Civil War did so to defend the institution of slavery, as well as, the role of government and private property. It was after the Civil War and during the period of reconstruction that many of these statues along with other Confederate War memorials were erected. It was also during this time that the Confederate War flag was flown to show "Southern Pride." These signs and symbols were also used by some in the defense of racial segregation and white supremacy. So for one group it is a matter of cultural pride (mostly white Americans) for others they are signs and symbols of centuries of injustice, oppression, hatred, and segregation. They were signs and symbols that represented segregated schools, restaurants, toilets, and neighborhoods. They were signs and symbols of a culture were justice itself had a foundation in the injustice of racism.

In light of a community deciding to remove a statue of a Confederate War General, a group of White Supremacists come to this small little town with the intent of advocating, with acts of violence. a way of life - white supremacy and segregation - that is not only abhorrent but at its very core evil. One would hope that we had seen the end of the ignorance of these racists and bigots. We all know that there is much to do when it comes to racial relationships and reconciliation, but I firmly believe that most Americans have moved beyond the blatant racism of this weekend and these vile individuals.

This morning, as a pastor of a local church, I commented on the events and certainly renounced white supremacy, racism, and hatred. I was speaking to the choir. Mostly because I have often, over thirty years, called my small church family to Gospel life and the belief that all life is sacred. I have spoken against racism and violence, as well as, teaching that violence is never an answer to violence and hatred is never a response to hatred. And, I have also tried to teach my people about the "white supremacy" that is inherent in the Pro Choice movement from the very beginning with the teaching of Margaret Sangler and continues in the work of Planned Parenthood. What greater violence than the murder of unborn children, many of whom are minority children. The Gospel is clear and I hope clergy in my communion make that clear that racism in any form is unacceptable and any racial supremacy teaching is demonic and evil at its core.

I am also appalled at the voices that are making this about politics. This is not about President Trump (his response) or President Obama or Congress or about which political party is more racist or more responsible for racism. For Christians it is about making it very clear that the Gospel is about the sacredness of all human life whether in a small town in Virginia, DR Congo, in Iraq and Syria, in the Civil War in Burundi, the salve trade of Thailand, slavery in the Middle East, or the lives of the poor innocent children who will die tomorrow in abortion mills.

The voices of White Supremacy will not prevail. Those who will prevail are the thousand upon hundreds of thousands of Christians who yesterday and today prayed for healing in our nation and for the Church to be a clear voice for the dignity of every person. Jesus Christ is our only hope and our only real source of unity."

This is a statement from the worldwide patriarch of my church (obviously a church born in the pro-life cause)...against the hatred of the alt-right, neo-Nazi, White supremacist movements.

Very Good statement and I agree, but what about the Alt-Left? Marxist are a hate group also They are responsible for about a half billion deaths in this world vastly more that the KKK and Nazi Party combined. Why are we not out raged that Marxist ( A group who killed 100's of millions of people ) are teaching in our Universities spreading all kinds of hate and anti-democratic propaganda? Well it is because the people who are calling for others to stand up against one group but not another are Hypocrites.

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Very Good statement and I agree, but what about the Alt-Left? Marxist are a hate group also They are responsible for about a half billion deaths in this world vastly more that the KKK and Nazi Party combined. Why are we not out raged that Marxist ( A group who killed 100's of millions of people ) are teaching in our Universities spreading all kinds of hate and anti-democratic propaganda? Well it is because the people who are calling for others to stand up against one group but not another are Hypocrites.

There is nobody on the left that Identifies as the Alt-Left that is a word made up by the Trolls.
And what "Marxist" group?

Have you read what Karl Marx said? Have you never realized that people Misconstrued Marxists words?
When Universities teach about Communism they learn about what Marxist actually said. How is that non-Democratic Propaganda?

• Winner
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I saw a social media post with this comment:

So trump said yesterday that he had enough people to replace those who left his administration over his response to #charlottesville. And then today? He decided to disband both the Manufacturing Council and Security and Policy Forum. Like it was his idea and not the fact so many CEOs were leaving there weren't enough to keep them going. Dude, we know everyone resigned. Just admit your administration is a failure and resigns along with them:) (And not one of the evangelicals on his Evangelical council have resigned. Just those on council where money drives the CEO's. Meaning money drives morals better than religion).

I hadn't come across any religious figures speaking out other than those who were at the protests, but I also haven't been LOOKING for any. That social media post made me pause though.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

1. There is no such thing as an 'alt left'. It's a coined termed by Fox et al as an embarrassed deflection from those who voluntarily call themselves alt right.

2. Please identify the so called 'Marxists' at that rally? Please identify those who have called for the extermination of others?

3. Before you go too far with your 'whataboutism', please answer this....do you condemn the actions and stated aims of the KKK, the Nazi party and the white supremacists...?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is nobody on the left that Identifies as the Alt-Left that is a word made up by the Trolls.
And what "Marxist" group?

Have you read what Karl Marx said? Have you never realized that people Misconstrued Marxists words?
When Universities teach about Communism they learn about what Marxist actually said. How is that non-Democratic Propaganda?

Hundreds of Millions of People died at the hands of Marxist in Russia, the same in China, and millions died from Marxist Rule in Cuba, Vietnam and many other Marxist Countries. The KKK and Nazis have only done a small fraction of what the Marxist have done in this world.

It is one thing to teach about Marxism and another to hire someone who is a Marxist who believes that Joseph Stalin is a Hero. Would it be OK to Hire a KKK member to teach about Racism? Marxism is 1000 Times worse the KKK. The Left are Hypocrites.

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
3. Before you go too far with your 'whataboutism', please answer this....do you condemn the actions and stated aims of the KKK, the Nazi party and the white supremacists...?

YES, I'm against all forms of Hate. Both on the Right and on the Left. Like the left Hate Group "Black Lives Matter" They are just as Hateful as the KKK.

• Haha
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hundreds of Millions of People died at the hands of Marxist in Russia, the same in China, and millions died from Marxist Rule in Cuba, Vietnam and many other Marxist Countries. The KKK and Nazis have only done a small fraction of what the Marxist have done in this world.

It is one thing to teach about Marxism and another to hire someone who is a Marxist who believes that Joseph Stalin is a Hero. Would it be OK to Hire a KKK member to teach about Racism? Marxism is 1000 Times worse the KKK. The Left are Hypocrites.
YES, I'm against all forms of Hate. Both on the Right and on the Left. Like the left Hate Group "Black Lives Matter" They are just as Hateful as the KKK.

The KKK has, as one of its stated aims, the removal or slaughter of the black races in America. Similarly, the Nazis have, as a stated aim, the extermination of all Jews. Can you please identify any groups or individuals on the left who seek to eliminate sections of the American population...?

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
2. Please identify the so called 'Marxists' at that rally? Please identify those who have called for the extermination of others?

Antifeca, The Communist Party USA, Black Lives Matter are the ones I saw on the News. All are hate groups like the KKK.

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

Marxism is not a political party just FYI.

Marxist in China? Oh you mean Maoism? lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The KKK has, as one of its stated aims, the removal or slaughter of the black races in America. Similarly, the Nazis have, as a stated aim, the extermination of all Jews. Can you please identify any groups or individuals on the left who seek to eliminate sections of the American population...?
I'm not defending the KKK or Nazis they are despicable. I'm also not going to be Hypocritical like the left and dismiss the evil of Marxist and other Left Hate Groups.

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I'm not defending the KKK or Nazis they are despicable. I'm also not going to be Hypocritical like the left and dismiss the evil of Marxist and other Left Hate Groups.

We aren't dismissing them, they are there. But to say that people protesting against Racists are equivalent to Racists, that's another thing.

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
That is absolutely hilarious.
Sorry let me rephrase, I misspoke
my bad
ma0-lmao-nao-lmao-mao-1221420.png

Marxism is not a Political Party, but a Philosophy.

There is no such thing as a Marxist Political Party like you suggest.

Also nowhere in the Marxist Ideology tells you Capitalism is Evil neither does Marxism tell you or suggest to kill others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0