Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Naraoia, for the record, I believe there are still dinosaurs in existence today.

Maybe a very small pocket of them, but I believe they do exist.

You're not poking holes in my story -- :)
Not a small pocket, ten thousand very noisy species. Now, if we're talking non-avian dinosaurs... ;)

The philippines is just about on the opposite side of the earth from where I live. I went to about the most remote place on the planet you could go and do you know what I found?
"Remote" does not equal "far from the USA". New species of large land vertebrate are still described on a regular basis. (What a coincidence - even from the Philippines!)

That's not to say that non-avian dinosaurs are still lurking around somewhere in the New Guinean mountains or the Bornean jungle. They could technically pull a coelacanth on us, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Unless you want to count the Komodo dragons:
Oh gods no. Call Komodo dragons dinosaurs and I might just throw a terrible biologist tantrum :preach:

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2010
California
✟8,016.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Phred:

Here is a bizarre theory.......

In the bible it speaks of prior to the flood....the world being corrupted.....

Corrupt from God's perfect design.....

It also speaks of a hybrid race of beings that were a mix of spiritual creatures that were called the nephilim. You have heard of Goliath the giant? six fingers and six toes? what is to say that those mutant or rebellious beings had not corrupted the animals by messing with genetics...and produced the dinosaurs?

Kind of funny how none of these bizarre creatures seemed to survive the flood if there was one eh? Like possibly that was God's purpose to destroy the mutant race, and the genetic corruption they might have caused?

Obviously there is a layer in the animal kingdom...where mass extinctions took place...of certain kinds of hideous creatures too. But strangely enough, many of the more well-behaved (or reasonably so) critters did survive. How odd?

Why 2 days ago there was a report from Chile of a mass graveyard of Whale skeletons being unearthed. and two extinct species of sea-creature found in the same place....stranded high up in the desert no less.

This will take some careful explanation.....but could very easily fit into a world-wide flood hypothesis.

touche.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2010
California
✟8,016.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Phred:

About the six fingers and six toes.....

A common feature found in the writings of many ancient pagan cultures.....

The pyramids....indian petroglyphs.....how many examples would you like?

Humans are known to carry this rare genetic trait to this very day.

This would also explain how the nephilim reappear in the bible AFTER the flood too....that would be Goliath too.

The bible has many references to these "giants".......scary thought eh?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Phred:

About the six fingers and six toes.....

A common feature found in the writings of many ancient pagan cultures.....

The pyramids....indian petroglyphs.....how many examples would you like?

Humans are known to carry this rare genetic trait to this very day.

This would also explain how the nephilim reappear in the bible AFTER the flood too....that would be Goliath too.

The bible has many references to these "giants".......scary thought eh?

The dude also has six toes. He harvests coconuts for a living and says the extra digits help him climb.

0a1ee8912afefc13f60e6a706700778c.jpg

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So if evolution is false then tell me...

Where are all the animals?

We have fossils now of hundreds of thousands of different creatures. Giant ones and small ones. None of whom exist any longer. Yet we are assured that God created the world in its present form and, even though mankind caused something called, "the fall" how exactly did this infect the perfect animals that were created? And even if it did, why would an uber-predator like Allosaurus lose to a lion? Or to men with spears?

No, if animals were created perfect by a perfect God then they were also created to fulfill specific ecological niches. All perfectly synchronized in perfect nature. All the animals we've found fossils of, dinosaurs and ice-age beasts... you name it, should not have gone extinct. And those that went extinct should not have gone extinct. Not if they were perfect and perfectly created for their environments.

It's never made sense to me how on one hand creationists have to admit the existence of all these extinct creatures and then on the other still claim they were perfectly created by God. A perfectly created creature doesn't go extinct.

So where are all the creatures that should be running around today?

The answer lies in GAP theory which allows an ancient earth destroyed perhaps many times prior to the restoration of GenOne. ;)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then Gen 1:1 ought read, "In one of the beginnings, god created the heaven and the earth?"

No need. Gen 1:1 implies a perfectly created earth. That was the one and only 'beginning'. Verse 2 reveals the gap: "The earth became an empty wasteland" sometime later. The rest of the creation story reveals God providing a suitable environment for modern man and His plan for him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It also speaks of a hybrid race of beings that were a mix of spiritual creatures that were called the nephilim. You have heard of Goliath the giant? six fingers and six toes? what is to say that those mutant or rebellious beings had not corrupted the animals by messing with genetics...and produced the dinosaurs?

What exactly does polydactyly have to do with the nephilim?

Getting way ahead of yourself here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No need. Gen 1:1 implies a perfectly created earth. That was the one and only 'beginning'. Verse 2 reveals the gap: "The earth became an empty wasteland" sometime later.
Which version is that? I distinctly remember Genesis 1:2 saying that the earth WAS empty (in both of the versions that I use to look things up). No "becames". Mistranslations, both?

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The answer lies in GAP theory which allows an ancient earth destroyed perhaps many times prior to the restoration of GenOne.
Then Gen 1:1 ought read, "In one of the beginnings, god created the heaven and the earth?"
The Bible was written for the spiritual benefit of modern man and it focuses on the 'beginning' of recent historical events related to the origin of modern man.

Focusing on prehistoric events may be a fun past time for scientists and those fascinated by science, but such a focus is not relevant to Christianity. This is why the Bible is silent on prehistory.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Which version is that? I distinctly remember Genesis 1:2 saying that the earth WAS empty (in both of the versions that I use to look things up). No "becames". Mistranslations, both?
In Genesis 1:2 the original Hebrew word translated “was” can also be translated “become”.

Genesis 1:2 does indeed say the earth “was” formless and empty, but it is most likely that the earth “was” formless and empty because it had “become” formless and empty.

This idea is also consistent with an old earth.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Bible was written for the spiritual benefit of modern man and it focuses on the 'beginning' of recent historical events related to the origin of modern man.

Focusing on prehistoric events may be a fun past time for scientists and those fascinated by science, but such a focus is not relevant to Christianity. This is why the Bible is silent on prehistory.
I know that's what you want to believe. But it's simply not true. The Bible is a collection of stories that were gathered together from the Hebrews and later from the Gospels that told about Jesus. The Hebrews wrote down what was important to them. Their mythology about how the world began. How their race began. Why their god was bigger and meaner than other gods. It's a story of continuity. It has very little to do with "spiritual" benefits as you call them. There is nothing in the Bible that would shock us today that they knew then.

What you do is interpret the stories to have additional meaning. Well, as you see fit. That's what you religionists do. Very little in the Bible actually happened. It's like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster. Once you have an imaginary main character the rest is easy to make up as you go along.

Upvote 0

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
In Genesis 1:2 the original Hebrew word translated “was” can also be translated “become”.

Genesis 1:2 does indeed say the earth “was” formless and empty, but it is most likely that the earth “was” formless and empty because it had “become” formless and empty.

This idea is also consistent with an old earth.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know that's what you want to believe. But it's simply not true. The Bible is a collection of stories that were gathered together from the Hebrews and later from the Gospels that told about Jesus. The Hebrews wrote down what was important to them. Their mythology about how the world began. How their race began. Why their god was bigger and meaner than other gods. It's a story of continuity. It has very little to do with "spiritual" benefits as you call them. There is nothing in the Bible that would shock us today that they knew then.

What you do is interpret the stories to have additional meaning. Well, as you see fit. That's what you religionists do. Very little in the Bible actually happened. It's like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster. Once you have an imaginary main character the rest is easy to make up as you go along.
I've noticed two types of atheists on these boards: those who's lack of belief comes naturally, and those who force themselves not to believe.

Upvote 0

jay1

Nov 11, 2011
✟15,360.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
I've noticed two types of atheists on these boards: those who's lack of belief comes naturally, and those who force themselves not to believe.

Quite an assertion, let me reply in kind:

I've noticed 2 types of Christian on these boards: Those who don't know the Bible, and those who don't know their religion.

Every word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words, or He will rebuke you and prove you a liar.
- Proverbs 30:5-6

Can you honestly say this does not apply to you?

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Quite an assertion, let me reply in kind:

I've noticed 2 types of Christian on these boards: Those who don't know the Bible, and those who don't know their religion.
That's only one type of Christian; those who don't know the Bible are the same as those who don't know their religion.
Every word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words, or He will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

- Proverbs 30:5-6

Can you honestly say this does not apply to you?
Yes.

Can you honestly say you believe the verses you quoted?

And while you're at it, can you show me what I "add to His words"?

Last edited:
Upvote 0