When you were younger did you like swinging better?Or going down the slide?

Abaxvahl

Jan 28, 2018
Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Swinging for sure. It's super relaxing. I even swing in the park now as an adult while praying. The back-and-forth really gets you into a rhythm. My favorite park to swing in now is near a school overlooking a street that connects to a main road, that way I can watch the cars while swinging.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When you were younger did you like swinging better?Or going down the slide? For me it was swinging.:)

Personally, if we're talking playground equipment, I preferred pushing the merry-go-round.

... yeah. I know. Dangerous.

Upvote 0

Sparta

Sep 1, 2021
Escambia
✟995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When you were younger did you like swinging better?Or going down the slide? For me it was swinging.:)

Some of my favorite memories include my Grandfather pushing me on a Swing.

This was in a beautiful park, and the swings were long long chains, with wooden seats, connected to a very tall frame.
Can you say...."Norman Rockwell meets Thomas Kinkade" ?
The length of the swing time was very long, it was really like flying on those long chains..... He would push me for maybe 35 mins.
Squirrels would be running through autumn leaves nearby as the morning sun was warming everything in sight.

Great memories.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Both. My favorite was a banana slide, at least that is what I called it. It had ripples in it and was so fun. :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Swinging. Especially in pairs! One person would sit in the seat and the other placed their feet through the metal rings. If the swing was designed differently you put them on their lap. That's more dangerous but we never had accidents. You take turns pumping. Like a see-saw.

You need to be mindful of gravity. As you near the top of the pole the swing begins to shake. You don't want to flip! Especially if you have someone on you. That would be messy.

If you're swinging solo you can leap instead. You need to be above the bar or under. If you're level you'll hit your head and that's painful. Go as high as you can and bail. Hopefully on grass!

I've flipped before. It was pretty scary. You have to jump out and fix the swing. Then try again.

~bella

• Friendly
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
One time, I was aggressively swinging maximizing height. On one of the backward swings, I sneezed and flew backwards off the swing into the air and landed on my back. That was the time I learned what it meant to truly lose your breath. I could take a breath for a few seconds. But I still like swinging better than sliding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Probably swinging.

The slippery slide got **&&^^ hot in summer as it was made of steel, and I only had a thin pair of shorts on. It wasn't all that fast either.
Where I was born and raised, the swing was common, the slide not. So I had to take advantage when I could. But ultimately, the swing is more compelling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.