Feb 21, 2012
✟436,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
good luck with that, anyway, this thread is all about fiction, I have much better things to do than banging my head against this brick wall.

It's against forum rules to call someone a liar.

I haven't produced any works of fiction.

I understand that it's difficult for you to argue a point you already accepted. That's your mistake, not mine. If you had an issue with the definition of open borders, you should have brought it up when I gave you the definition.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Is it that the cognitive dissonance is too painful for you to understand?
No.

The family separation policy as practiced by DHS under the previous guy was to separate children from their parents seeking asylum and send the children off to US refugee areas
US refugee areas?

What you're telling me here is that you have no idea how this system works at all.

lol refugee areas.

The parents were charged with illegally crossing. Their asylum claims were processed and put into the queue for asylum claims which at that point was anywhere from 1-2 years long. The children were repatriated to their home country if they didn't have family here that could take them. Their parents would spend a day or two in detention, before going before a judge who found them guilty of illegally crossing before deportation back to their home country.

I don't know what you think a refugee area is. I imagine that some children were in custody of certain charity groups, children's homes, and possibly military bases before sent to either family in the US or their home country.

If we have a large group of people fleeing a war zone....military bases are sometimes temporarily repurposed to provide basic services and shelter but that's rare. People who cross illegally and request asylum aren't treated as refugees. They are treated as people here illegally who aren't deported until their asylum claims are resolved. If they don't show up to court, or their claims are denied, they are deported.

Normally, this was a quick process where the subject stayed in detention aka jail before their hearing. However, back in 2014, a few hundred families made it apparent that jails weren't built to accommodate even these short stays....so Obama rewrote the rules and people who had children and requested asylum were turned loose....literally free to go where they pleased in the US....as long as they promised to show up for court. Once word got back to their home countries....everyone was bringing children....often times not even their own children. This created an entire black market in Mexico for renting and buying children. This is the crisis Trump inherited.

The term "catch and release" was used to describe this and it's still going on today. I don't know what you think a refugee area is but it probably only exists in your mind. The asylum process is completely overwhelmed.

The children involved were not deported.

Hard to find information on them because obviously it's easier for reporters to find parents.

From the article...

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]The figures include families without confirmed reunifications outside of the United States and families who were previously reunified and are in the United States.[/COLOR]

Some families were reunited outside the US. Obviously that only happens if the children get deported. I don't really blame you for not understanding this....apparently, you don't understand much of what happened at all.
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)] [/COLOR]

Okay, your ad hom, although stupid, is not entirely baseless. I did say that I would give up my hypothetical child if that would save him or her. You would not; apparently clinging to your kid even to its detriment is preferable to you. That does not make the cruelty of the deliberate policy of family separation, some yet to be reunited for many years now "fake" nor does it make me "fine with total abandonment" for no reason. I think you know that you are making bogus arguments. Why you keep doing it is beyond me.
Because it's a moral argument. You have no way of knowing that abandoning a child will "save them". Just like the families chucking their children into the US....you're hoping for the best.

I'm pointing out that the result in a lot of these cases is child labor....and worse.

That leaves no real moral high ground to stand on. If child separation is so abhorrent to you....then child separation followed by exploitation of children as cheap disposable labor should be worse.

I think you are confused here. The family separation policy was to discourage illegal crossing of people seeking asylum.
Well it was intended to discourage the mass exploitation of children also....but sure.

The policy was practiced by the previous administration, not the families separated. Your suggestion is beyond ridiculous.

I think you're being a little bit naive. I've no doubt you could have told those people before they crossed they would lose their children....and they'd still have crossed.

I think you are trying to draw a distinction between the intended consequences of policy from the unintended consequences.

That's only a fair distinction until you know the unintended consequences. Why do you think this administration has been avoiding any discussion about the border crisis? The consequences are monstrous. Child labor, sex trafficking, and more dead bodies found under Biden in 2 years than any previous administration.

I don't care if you had good intentions. Your good intentions have paved the way to hell for many.

Which was when?
Had to be over a year ago.

Wait...So you checked. Then you should know that the separated children were not sent back to their countries. As recently as this last October, the current administration reunited 500 children, but have triple digits yet to go.

Whatever. Unless the company location that employed 31 child laborers is the only one (which is extremely unlikely) you've realistically at least triple digits of children exploited because of this administration's policies.

I think you should get comfortable with the idea of those children never being reunited because they didn't have their own names or parents when they crossed.

Oh look! A different awful situation that somehow negates any concern over previous awful situations.

If you don't want your hypocrisy pointed out...stop displaying it.

Really? And it started in 2017, not the last moment before covid nor a last ditch effort.

Your contention that anyone who voted against Trump or for Biden must support child slavery is so dumb it's not worth the pixels.
Trump tried changing asylum laws, immigration laws, and getting funding for enforcement first.

Congress refused any law changes, denied all attempts at funding, and left him without other options.

You support a President who refuses to enforce the law. He doesn't deport people for being here illegally. Child slavery is the result. You support it.

You haven't worked for some of the managers I have. Whoever it was did risk jail time to save a few bucks.

My point was that you make unwarranted conclusions and condemn people for positions they don't hold. But if it makes you feel better about yourself, go for it.

Yes, you like to assume. Good for you.

If you don't support this....will you be voting for a president who's platform is enforcing immigration laws ?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And ignore their points when they take the time to clarify, to make their position crystal clear.
Twice you smugly suggested I use "Google" to look up the definition of open borders.

Twice I mentioned that I had done so....and already posted the results earlier in the thread.

The third time you suggested I look up the definition....I simply reposted the definition I had already posted. It wasn't until then that you finally moved on from your completely pointless and redundant suggestion.

Who are you to claim I don't listen to people? I told you multiple times that I had not only looked up the definition, I posted it.

You don't listen to people.

After I posted the definition....you didn't argue that it was wrong. You didn't argue that you had a better definition.

That's because most definitions of open borders I found recognize that both de facto and de jure open borders have the same results. Instead, you made the same argument another poster made....you argued that we were enforcing immigration laws. I showed you the policy that proved we weren't. We aren't deporting people who are here illegally. The only way to be here illegally is to break either the law against crossing the border illegally or staying after the date which you are legally allowed to stay.

We have open borders under Biden.

You haven't even made a new argument. You aren't suggesting that you have a better definition. I haven't found any international governing body that has a different definition. I understand it's embarrassing to find out that you were the one who didn't understand the definition of open borders....or that you didn't know we weren't enforcing immigration laws....

But it's not like I sat here and gloated or rubbed it in. I gave you multiple chances to read the other pages of the thread. I've been patient, and kind enough to explain things simply....so you could easily understand.

You've got no cause to attack me for not listening.

You haven't said anything I haven't already addressed.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We have open borders under Biden.
USA doesn't have open borders. They have border control checking for passports and visa. They prevent many people coming into the country without the required paper work.

Some people ask for asylum and many of those still get refused entry under Title 42. Biden added some exemptions to Title 42, but retained it.

If your argument is that USA isn't deporting illegal immigrants under Biden, then that would be a more worthy argument to have, easily refutable though. Perhaps instead you could argue that USA isn't deporting enough immigrants under Biden, this argument gives you some rope since obviously "enough" is a subjective standard.

You're argument that USA has Open Borders is ridiculous and simply right wing propaganda.

Upvote 0