malmo
✟8,445.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(This question is because I watched some documentary about serial killers that sexual immoral acts were a part of it)
Hi. My question is, let's say hypothetically (as a Christian or non-Christian) if the devil test you by putting a thought into your head without you knowing about it and you think it's your own thoughts, for an example to kill someone or sexually immoral while knowing 100% It's something you would not ever do (never crossed your mind earlier before the devil started attacking), but with time you start to feel as if you get a rush of adrenalin from thinking about it, but you would never do it, but still this builds up more and more, and then one day you can't hold it in, and you act upon it.
Then after doing it, you repent 100% sincerely and hate your sin.

Then on judgement day, the devil will say to God "see I tempted him, and he did it! He KNEW it was wrong, but still did it!" Key point being "He knew but still did it!"
Let's say the person committing this sin had a weakness, being a person that was easy to influence, or/and the devil knew what weak points he had and used it against him guessing the probability for the person to act upon the thought is high because of it, let's say a sexual immoral act like pedophilia, the guy being over sexual having (more than most people, or even normal urges) overactive sexual urges, the devil knew this and used that weak point to his advantage. The person (because of constant attack by putting thoughts into the head of the person in silence) could not hold it in any longer and had to act upon it, so that the devil can accuse the guy later to God.
What do you say about this question, do you think God would forgive that person?
Or does the devil have a hard case against him because the person knew full well it was wrong, but still committed it? Or do you think God would take the guy's weakness in consideration, and by that show mercy to him, or is it enough that the guy cried out to God Through Jesus and asked for forgiveness that he could not control the urges?
And what if the devil never put the thoughts into the person's head, and he did this by himself, would the probability for God to forgive him be the same or not as likely? In both cases, the person asks for forgiveness to God through Jesus, and he has been baptized and did these things after that. Just to narrow it down to what i am asking for more precisely. Thank you for answers, and please move this question to an appropriate section of the forum if this is the wrong place.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the person asks for forgiveness to God through Jesus, and he has been baptized and did these things after that.
You are really asking do Christians sin?
The answer is yes they do and God forgives them.
It is a simplistic answer to a complex problem, but that is the basic fact, you and All Christians sin and are forgiven.

Talk to your minister and read all of I John.

Upvote 0
Nov 7, 2022
malmo
✟8,445.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are really asking do Christians sin?
The answer is yes they do and God forgives them.
It is a simplistic answer to a complex problem, but that is the basic fact, you and All Christians sin and are forgiven.

Talk to your minister and read all of I John.
I guess it's only forgivable if the person follows the 10 commandments?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The ten commandments are a guide to Christian living for Christians. We are forgiven by our faith/trust in Jesus.
1John1:9 if we tell God our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrightousness.

Our obedience to Jesus's commands is only a show of our love for him, it gains us nothing.

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
(This question is because I watched some documentary about serial killers that sexual immoral acts were a part of it)
Hi. My question is, let's say hypothetically (as a Christian or non-Christian) if the devil test you by putting a thought into your head without you knowing about it and you think it's your own thoughts, for an example to kill someone or sexually immoral while knowing 100% It's something you would not ever do (never crossed your mind earlier before the devil started attacking), but with time you start to feel as if you get a rush of adrenalin from thinking about it, but you would never do it, but still this builds up more and more, and then one day you can't hold it in, and you act upon it.
To get angry with your brother is to sin -- and to hate someone is like murder. Everybody knows it is wrong.

People commit sins that they know are wrong. It is almost never the case that a Christian never committed a sin that he/she knew was wrong.

Repentance, confession and walking in obedience to Christ is not cancelled by the fact that a Christian ever did something that they knew to be wrong. we still are to follow the path of confession and repentance.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Speculation is just that speculation. We as believers its written if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleans us from all unrighteousness. I am sorry sinner or saved live in this flesh that loves to sin. I think some believe they have never willingly sinned (yes I know Heb) but we have. One inescapable fact we can not run from hide from is Yeshua/Jesus Christ already died for the sin of the world. See in every sin I have ever done... I truly in my heart repent and do a 180 not a 360. All my sins He already took the cross. Theres no sin I can do that He never knew about didn't die for. This is not in anyway like the OT where that offering only covered the sin. This time that sin is gone and the Father now sees you and me through what Christ..get this ALREADY has done. The Father said He will not remember it. He can't Christ died for it.

We are not going to be more righteous if we stop sinning. If I sin once or never sin or always sin I am still wicked/unrighteous until I come to Christ repent and now born again. The sweet holy Spirit told us through our brother Paul. "Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me." As He said does this mean I can sin all I want? GOD FORBID! KNOW who you really are

We are not this flesh. What was born from above (Born again)? What was made new that was once dead? Can that new man which after God "IS" created in "righteousness" and true holiness sin? Some only see "you" like looking in the mirror. As if that's all there is. This flesh has not been changed yet and its not the real you. Then we start to see understand how we are to be living walking. We are the righteousness of God. We are free from being slaves to sin because of what Christ finished. The word says He died you died He rose you rose. See your self as the Father does right now. Righteous holy.. through Christ.

So what matters is did you repent stop the sinning or keep doing it? All that (sin) does in this world will bring death in some way some fashion.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @ChristianFriend2023, the Lord Jesus is clear concerning the sins and blasphemies that a penitent believer commits (all are forgivable), and that there is only one that is unforgivable (from the moment that it is first committed on this side of the grave, and in the life to come too, of course), but I do not believe that it is possible to commit that particular sin today.

Of course, if someone rejects the Savior and dies as an unbeliever they cannot be forgiven, but someone who has done so (rejects the Savior, that is) can always repent of that sin, as long as they do so before they die.

Mark 3
28 “Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter;
29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”—
30 because they were saying, “He has an unclean spirit.”

God bless you!!

--David

Pink - not absence of sin grieving empty professors.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then after doing it, you repent 100% sincerely and hate your sin.

Then on judgement day, the devil will say to God "see I tempted him, and he did it! He KNEW it was wrong, but still did it!" Key point being "He knew but still did it!"
Let's say the person committing this sin had a weakness, being a person that was easy to influence, or/and the devil knew what weak points he had and used it against him guessing the probability for the person to act upon the thought is high because of it, let's say a sexual immoral act like pedophilia, the guy being over sexual having (more than most people, or even normal urges) overactive sexual urges, the devil knew this and used that weak point to his advantage. The person (because of constant attack by putting thoughts into the head of the person in silence) could not hold it in any longer and had to act upon it, so that the devil can accuse the guy later to God.
What do you say about this question, do you think God would forgive that person?
Or does the devil have a hard case against him because the person knew full well it was wrong, but still committed it? Or do you think God would take the guy's weakness in consideration, and by that show mercy to him, or is it enough that the guy cried out to God Through Jesus and asked for forgiveness that he could not control the urges?
And what if the devil never put the thoughts into the person's head, and he did this by himself, would the probability for God to forgive him be the same or not as likely? In both cases, the person asks for forgiveness to God through Jesus, and he has been baptized and did these things after that. Just to narrow it down to what i am asking for more precisely. Thank you for answers, and please move this question to an appropriate section of the forum if this is the wrong place.
But each one is tempted when by his own evil desires he is lured away and enticed. Then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death James 1:14-15

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
But each one is tempted when by his own evil desires he is lured away and enticed.
Not just our own. Sometimes people give in to other people's desires. This usually does not go well though. There is a lot of talk about abuse later on. This is why most company ban people from dating each other.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
If you repent of your sin God is just to forgive you. It’s like if a man or woman is tempting you to commit a sexual immoral act. If you know they keep tempting you and feel you are not strong enough call on someone to be your accountability partner. Additionally, yes we are drawn away from our own lust. However, it’s something pleasurable we get from sin or from the act. A woman or man who is married but likes other males or females. If they give in them they become an adulterer. I say what if they don’t give in to the person who is tempting them, but what if they commit the act with someone else they don’t know. They commit the act because they are tired of the temptation. However, it’s not with the person who has tempted them for the last year it’s with someone else. Does it stop the temptation. They commit the act and see it isn’t what they wanted anyway. The Devil is mad because they don’t commit the act with the person that was tempting them. Is the person still tricked because they give in and commit the act.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

And no one does. Which is why "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23), and it is only on account of Christ's righteousness that we are justified before God, through faith (Romans 4:13-25, Romans 5:1-21). There is, therefore, a righteousness apart from works of the Law, a righteousness that is by faith (Romans 3:21-22). So that the all who have sinned and fallen short, should be the many who are justified by faith according to what Christ has done. For He having made righteous satisfaction for all of Adam's sinful progeny (Romans 5:18) has granted us faith, that we should be the heirs of every promise--and indeed we have, for in Christ we have gained sonship, as heirs of God, joint-heirs with Christ, having attained adoption with the Spirit in us that we might cry out to God, "Abba, Father" (Romans 8:15-17).

Therefore you may know and be comforted, dear sinner, that Christ died for you and bore the entirety of the weight of every sin. Not that you may live a lawless life apart from faith (heaven forbid!) but that you might walk in the freedom of the children of God and delight in His law which no longer is a curse, but a blessing. Not that you should be righteous by the precepts of the Law before God (which is impossible), but that having been declared righteous on Christ's account you may now, in faith, wholly trust in He who paid the price and who calls you to walk with Him, to go and love your neighbor. For the Law which kills you in your sin has been satisfied by Christ, and your life is hidden in Him as you have been clothed with the white robes of His righteousness. You are forgiven.

Go and sin no more. And when you do (and you will), repent, for in repentance see again the Cross of Him who bore your debt and paid it. Repent and believe, daily. Repent and pray, for you are a sinner; and dear sinner, beloved of God, hear the Good News: You are forgiven, walk in freedom and not in shame. Your guilt has been wiped away. Walk in freedom. Walk in the freedom of your forgiveness, and cleave to nothing else other than Jesus Christ who has made satisfaction for you. He alone holds you, keeps you, and preserves you in all things.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0