• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

When you get this feeling

Discussion in 'Exploring Christianity' started by Pulchra, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Pulchra

Pulchra Well-Known Member

+116
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    Sometimes when I sit in my chair for example, I`d feel a certain feeling in my legs sort of, like a god-feeling, is this like real god or are I just projecting something from others, I mean like when people around you think about it alot and then it builds up inside of you or is it real from him himself you think?

Attached Files:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. alllivesmatter

alllivesmatter EL ROI

+1,681
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    I don't understand.
    God bless

3. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+5,143
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    God is spirit.

The flesh is hostile towards God and cannot discern the things of the spirit.

Feelings are a chemical reaction in the flesh body.

A God feeling doesn't make sense.

4. alllivesmatter

alllivesmatter EL ROI

+1,681
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    Maybe you mean when the presence of God comes over you? That can happen anywhere though, not necessarily in a chair more than once in a particular place.

5. Pulchra

+116
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    Yes, when it comes over you sort of, is it real or just a feeling (feelings are real)?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+5,143
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Feelings are a reaction to stimuli.

So the "God Feeling" would differ from one person to another.

The process of determining which external stimuli is from God, is called discernment.

7. Pulchra

+116
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    Yes, if I really felt god like for real, wouldn`t I perhaps be very shocked instead of just writing it in here?

8. alllivesmatter

alllivesmatter EL ROI

+1,681
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    I have felt the spirit of God or Jesus around me at times. I was just questioning your thinking it had to do with you sitting in your chair. It can be anywhere. It is comforting. Perhaps you were suffering and it was meant to comfort you?
    Just keep in mind that tingling of the extremities can be a health problem also.:)

9. Pulchra

+116
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    Yes, I have alot of pain in my body which no one knows where it comes from really, my own theory is that I`m bored of my surroundings

10. alllivesmatter

alllivesmatter EL ROI

+1,681
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    No offense but I just noticed that you are agnostic. I am not sure that you would receive comfort from the creator if you don't believe?
    Michael would know probably. Personally, I think not. If you are bored get up and do something, that will relieve it:)

11. Pulchra

+116
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    Wouldn`t I still know if it`real or not still?

12. alllivesmatter

alllivesmatter EL ROI

+1,681
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    I am not sure what you mean? Do you mean would you know if the feeling was from God or where it is from? Sounds like you have some feeling toward God or you wouldn't wonder if it is the spirit? Maybe I have lost the whole meaning of your post? I will let someone else step in. I hope you are reaching out to God.

13. Pulchra

+116
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    I hope everyday he`s real though, yes, I`m reaching out for him for sure, don`t worry, your answer is good, I`m just sitting here and typing fast you know

14. alllivesmatter

alllivesmatter EL ROI

+1,681
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    As Michael says, you will have discernment that will tell you what it is but it will come as you grow in Jesus. You might be right because Jesus has been known to touch the unbelievers. There are steps to your being born again and becoming saved.