• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

When will you accept the results of the Presidential election?

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by Archivist, Dec 10, 2020.

When will you accept the Presidential election results?

1. I already have--Biden is our President-elect.

45 vote(s)
    67.2%
  2. When the Supreme Court decides the Texas case.

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  3. When the Supreme Court decides the Texas case, but only if they decide in favor of Trump.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. When the Electoral College votes.

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. When the Electoral College votes, but only is they vote in favor of Trump.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. When Congress confirms the Electoral College results.

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. When Congress doesn’t approve of the Electoral College results and votes for Trump.

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  8. When Biden takes the oath of office.

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  9. I will never accept the election results--Trump won and the election was stolen from him.

16 vote(s)
    23.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parousia70

parousia70 Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow Supporter

+4,156
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Make it like Jury Duty. It will totally take the glamor out of it.
    Nobody likes to do Jury duty, but when called, we go, and we do the best Job we can in the time required and then get out.

2. Postvieww

Postvieww Newbie

+940
    Christian
    Married
    Who is the authority that determines AP is is ultimate bearer of truth and any news sources I quote is inaccurate? This is one of the problems with liberals, many seem to know more about truth than anyone else. Christians accept the Bible as truth and Islam accepts the Quran as truth, both cannot be truth but ask anyone from either camp and they will be right in their own eyes.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  3. Guinan

Guinan Well-Known Member

+1,759
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    As a lifelong Republican, I accept the fact that Joe Biden won the election and I'm grateful he did. I don't regret crossing the party line and voting for him. I voted for him with the sincere hope that he would win the election and we wouldn't have to face four more years of Trump. As I said, Joe Biden is the first Democrat I've ever voted in a presidential election or in any other election I've voted in since I registered as a Republican in 1992. I hope to vote Republican in 2024 but I won't if Trump or one of his Yes-man followers is the Republican presidential nominee. I'll vote Democratic again. Trumpism is an anathema to me and I'd very much like to see it eventually eliminated from the Republican Party.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,969
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Perhaps you should stop making things up since I never said that AP is the "ultimate bearer of truth." I said it was centrist, as is the Wall Street Journal which I also occasionally quote. Journal leans a little to the right, AP leans a little to the left.

The following article from the League of Woman Voters might help you understand where various news fall from left to right: How Reliable is Your News Source? Understanding Media Bias 2020

5. Andrewn

Andrewn Well-Known Member CF Ambassadors Supporter

+2,912
    Canada
    Anglican
    Married
    Associated Press

[​IMG][​IMG]
    LEAST BIASED

These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources.

• Overall, we rate the Associated Press borderline Left-Center Biased due to left-leaning editorializing, but Least Biased on a whole due to balanced story selection. We also rate them Very-High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
    Detailed Report
    Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
    World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180

Associated Press - Media Bias Fact Check

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Postvieww

Postvieww Newbie

+940
    Christian
    Married
    I never said you said anything that was my characterization. Let’s check your favorite news sources on this one story. Which of your most trusted news sources reported on the Hunter, Joe Biden China connection before the election with facts and did not fall into the “Russian” disinformation lie? Some now are touching on the story post election but true honest journalism would report the story when it becomes available.

7. Postvieww

Postvieww Newbie

+940
    Christian
    Married
  8. Archivist

+5,969
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    And I never said anything upon which such a characterization could be based.

You go right ahead and check. And a reputable news outlet doesn’t report a story when it becomes available as you claimed, but rather when the story can be verified as being accurate.

9. Postvieww

Postvieww Newbie

+940
    Christian
    Married
    Ok I’ll give you that, but the story was verified as accurate before the election and purposefully withheld to not damage Biden.

10. Archivist

+5,969
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    As I said, you go right ahead and check. Do you have proof from non-right wing sources that 1) the story was verified as being accurate and 2) it was purposefully withheld to not damage Biden?

11. Postvieww

Postvieww Newbie

+940
    Christian
    Married
    Do I have “proof” from a source that withheld the story that they withheld it?????????? If you had a desire to know the truth it is available to you but you continue to avoid dealing with any uncomfortable subject by demanding proof.

12. Archivist

+5,969
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I see, proof is a bad thing.

If you are ever charged with a crime you will be thankful that the law requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt for you to be found guilty.

13. Postvieww

Postvieww Newbie

+940
    Christian
    Married
    You miss the point. No proof is not a bad thing. You shouldn’t ask me to prove what is in the public domain to avoid a discussion on facts.

14. Archivist

+5,969
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I asked you if you had proof from non-right wing sources that 1) the story was verified as being accurate and 2) it was purposefully withheld to not damage Biden? You claimed both. Prove it.

15. CyberPaladin

CyberPaladin Veteran

+176
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I've generally voted Republican but then again that's not really a not problem Obama won twice and neither time did I vote for him and accepted that. And really I've seen nothing from Republicans to prove fraud all they have are a few witness with major credibility issues and voting machine fraud theory sounds like the sort of thing you'd expect to hear from some going through a psychotic break.

16. Postvieww

Postvieww Newbie

+940
    Christian
    Married
  17. Archivist

+5,969
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
  18. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
  19. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+8,021
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Who determines who is "upstanding?"

20. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+3,341
    Pentecostal
    The ones who are claiming there is fraud. Now I believe there should be bi-partisan investigators in equal amounts. Those claiming fraud should have full, unfettered access to machines and ballots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.