When will you accept the results of the Presidential election?

When will you accept the Presidential election results?

• I already have--Biden is our President-elect.

Votes: 45 67.2%
  • When the Supreme Court decides the Texas case.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • When the Supreme Court decides the Texas case, but only if they decide in favor of Trump.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When the Electoral College votes.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • When the Electoral College votes, but only is they vote in favor of Trump.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When Congress confirms the Electoral College results.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • When Congress doesn’t approve of the Electoral College results and votes for Trump.

• When Biden takes the oath of office.

• I will never accept the election results--Trump won and the election was stolen from him.

Votes: 16 23.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So is using redundant and unnecessary in the same sentence. Redundant means unnecessary.
tulc(is just sayn')
Redundancy implies repetition. Sometimes redundancy, as in computing, is absolutely necessary.

• Informative
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Redundancy implies repetition. Sometimes redundancy, as in computing, is absolutely necessary.
And if this was a class on computing that would no doubt be something to consider, but in the sentence I was quoting:
since I believe elections are redundant and unnecessary.
my thought would be by using the word "redundant" that made "unnecessary"...well, redundant and unnecessary. And I think we should stamp out and abolish multiple redundancies. I'm not saying the sentence is wrong (well except the part about not voting, I believe that part is pretty wrong) I was just pointing out something I found ironic.
tulc(will now quietly sit in this corner over here and sip and drink his coffee) :coffee:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Lg2000

Dec 15, 2003
L.A.
✟27,613.00
Faith
Christian
Great leaders can demonstrate their competence and engage the public to support them. Trump did not do this.
[/QUOTE] agreed. I wouldnt trust trump to lead me out of a paper bag. Glad my vote helped get him out the paint.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Due to the fact that Donald Trump has implemented some stellar polices that have truly helped make America great again, and also because he truly cares about the wellbeing of our nation, he is more qualified for the job and should remain president for another four years irrespective of how the majority population voted.
I took your words to be a joke until I read your follow-up posts. If this is what you think, why limit Trump to only 4 more years in office?

126 of 196 (64%) of Republicans in the House of Representatives supported his undemocratic SCOTUS case. One Trump supporter on TV said, "Jesus is my Lord and Trump is my president." In fact, he frequently asked for a 3rd term in his rallies.

By this kind of delusion, he might as well stay in office forever!

• Prayers
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
For a terrible leader he sure has a lot of followers. That aside, he sure gets thing done. His list of accomplishments is amazing.
For a reality check, 46.8% of the electorate like Trump and 51.3% hate him. But Kellyanne Conway has convinced many that there is such a thing as "Alternative facts."

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't participate in your poll because I reject the premise, since I believe elections are redundant and unnecessary. The strongest, most capable leader should always be president irrespective of his popularity. Democracy is a bad form of government, almost as awful as communism.
And who decides who the strongest most capable leader is? You?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Considering all the issues which have been raised, when all legal remedies have been exhausted.

Trump is running out of time for legal remedies. He has tried the courts and has lost almost 50 cases.

Remind me again when did the democrats accept the result of the last election. Did they not try for 4 year to have him impeached?

Hillary called Trump the day after the election and conceded, something that Trump has yet to do. The impeachment proceedings were a different matter--no one was claiming that Trump didn't win the election. And tulc is correct, Trump was impeached, they didn't just try to impeach him.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

That would be me. Just support me financially when I make my run for Emperor. If I don't make it, I'll find consolation in your cash! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nine of Spades

♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤
Nov 13, 2020
Texas
✟28,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So is using redundant and unnecessary in the same sentence. Redundant means unnecessary.
tulc(is just sayn')

Okay, it was an a stupid sentence error. I'll admit it. But why do you feel the need to nitpick at it in lieu of the content of my arguments?

Upvote 0

Nine of Spades

♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤
Nov 13, 2020
Texas
✟28,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Elections mean that a former convict who collects monthly SSI checks and lives in Section 8 housing has an equal amount of say in determining our president as an upstanding citizen who works hard for a living. I don’t get to decide on the strongest, most capable leader in America, since our democratic system allows lowlifes and successful people an equal vote. Do you really think that is a good system for determining who gets to lead our nation? I certainly don’t.

Upvote 0

Nine of Spades

♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤
Nov 13, 2020
Texas
✟28,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If VP Biden is sworn in, I would accept that God has sovereignly put Biden in the White House, even with fraudulent activity unresolved. I would also refer to him simply as "The Executive".

Why would you say that God ordained Biden, who believes in abortion, as our nation’s president? God doesn’t approve of legalized baby killing and certainly wouldn’t want a so-called pro-choice politician to preside over America.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
tulc(is just sayn')

Not quite. Redundant and superfluous are closer in meaning to each other than unnecessary. Many things are unnecessary without being redundant. Often redundancy is deemed necessary in order to be thorough. That is the whole concept of something being fail safe. Having more than one safeguard in case the first safeguard fails.

• Informative
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

steppinrazor

Philippians 4:8, Proverbs 3:6
Site Supporter
Jan 4, 2020
Mount Juliet
✟83,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why would that be a bad thing?

Yikes.

and double Yikes to the God comment. I'm pretty sure Biden is pro-women's rights, not proabortion..no one is proabortion..thats ridiculous

Upvote 0

Nine of Spades

♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤
Nov 13, 2020
Texas
✟28,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yikes.

and double Yikes to the God comment. I'm pretty sure Biden is pro-women's rights, not proabortion..no one is proabortion..thats ridiculous

If someone says they think women should have the right to choose to kill their unborn baby, they are pro-abortion, not pro-choice. Quit the dishonest word play.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, it was an a stupid sentence error. I'll admit it. But why do you feel the need to nitpick at it in lieu of the content of my arguments?
...I didn't see any content, what I saw was someone voicing an opinion, and as far as I know an opinion isn't an argument it's simply an opinion. And, like noses, everyone has one and everyone is free to pick their own. That doesn't mean anyone else has to argue over what's pulled out.
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not quite. Redundant and superfluous are closer in meaning to each other than unnecessary. Many things are unnecessary without being redundant. Often redundancy is deemed necessary in order to be thorough. That is the whole concept of something being fail safe. Having more than one safeguard in case the first safeguard fails.
Thanks! That really does make sense and is quite helpful. :oldthumbsup:
tulc(thinks grasping the after wind would be almost perfect...if he liked coffee of course) :sigh:

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Elections mean that a former convict who collects monthly SSI checks and lives in Section 8 housing has an equal amount of say in determining our president as an upstanding citizen who works hard for a living. I don’t get to decide on the strongest, most capable leader in America, since our democratic system allows lowlifes and successful people an equal vote. Do you really think that is a good system for determining who gets to lead our nation? I certainly don’t.
What system do you think we should use fir choosing leaders?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.