When Were The Disciples Of Jesus Born Again?

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
1 Peter 1:3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to
His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of
Jesus Christ from the dead.

Mark 16:
Now when He rose early on the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary
Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven demons.
10 She went and told those who had been with Him, as they mourned and wept.
11 And when they heard that He was alive and had been seen by her,
they did not believe.
After that, He appeared in another form to two of them as they walked and
went into the country.
13 And they went and told it to the rest, but they did not believe them either.
Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their
unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had
seen Him after He had risen.

Luke 24:
Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said
to them, Peace to you.
37 But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit.
And He said to them, Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?
Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit
does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.
When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.
But while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled, He said to them,
Have you any food here?
42 So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb.
43 And He took it and ate in their presence.

John 20:
Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors
were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and
stood in the midst, and said to them, Peace be with you.
When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples
were glad when they saw the Lord.
21 So Jesus said to them again, Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me,
I also am sending you.
22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them,
Receive the Holy Spirit.

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Apparently after the crucifixion....

And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.- Luke 22:31-32

• Useful
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Peter 1:3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to
His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of

Mark 16:
they did not believe.
went into the country.

Luke 24:
Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said
to them, Peace to you.
And He said to them, Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?
Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit
Have you any food here?

John 20:
were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and
When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples
I also am sending you.
Receive the Holy Spirit.
Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. They believed in Christ as born-again Jews who later converted to the New Covenant.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe it took place at Pentecost. Until then we have nothing that showed us the disciples had no fear of persecution or understanding of Jesus teachings prior to Pentecost when Jesus promised to send the Holy Spirit( Another Comforter) until after He had left them and returned to the Father as per John 14-17.
At that time Jesus promised the Holy Spirit would be guiding them into all truth and bringing remembrance to them all the things that he had taught them.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Apparently after the crucifixion....

And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.- Luke 22:31-32
Is it sufficient to believe that Christ was crucified for sin, or must there be a belief also
in the Resurrection?

• Informative
Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Mark 16:
they did not believe.
went into the country.

Luke 24:
to them, Peace to you.
Have you any food here?

John 20:
I also am sending you.
Receive the Holy Spirit.
I would say on the day of Pentecost. The Holy Spirit came for all , including the Apostles , who believed. He dwelled in them. The event where Jesus Christ of Nazareth breathed on them, I believe, was not permanent but rather a temporary one so their understanding would heightened.
Be blessed.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I would say on the day of Pentecost. The Holy Spirit came for all , including the Apostles , who believed. He dwelled in them. The event where Jesus Christ of Nazareth breathed on them, I believe, was not permanent but rather a temporary one so their understanding would heightened.
Be blessed.
When are Christian converts/new believers born again? When they believe the Gospel, or
must they have a Pentecostal type baptism in the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When are Christian converts/new believers born again? When they believe the Gospel, or
I am not Pentecostal however, regeneration is only through the Holy Spirit. One can have a "born again experience" without the evidence of tongues. The evidence would be fruits after repentance.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Continued....though this may be controversial to some, I do believe tongues is strictly a sign to "unbelievers". The term unbeliever can be in many forms from those who do not believe in Christ to those who do not believe someone has been saved and regenerated. I don't believe it is a prayer language that only God and Angels understand. I believe we all should pray with our understanding just as Paul taught. Be blessed.

• Agree
Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Continued....though this may be controversial to some, I do believe tongues is strictly a sign to "unbelievers". The term unbeliever can be in many forms from those who do not believe in Christ to those who do not believe someone has been saved and regenerated. I don't believe it is a prayer language that only God and Angels understand. I believe we all should pray with our understanding just as Paul taught. Be blessed.
No Maria Please. I would not want this thread to turn into a discussion of tongues. LOL
Here is the issue, what did they need to believe, before even Jesus breathed on them, as you
mentioned?
Mar 16:14. Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their

The issue is the resurrection in the preaching of the Gospel. Can it be excluded in
what one believes unto salvation?

2 Corinthians 11:4. For if he that cometh preaches another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No Maria Please. I would not want this thread to turn into a discussion of tongues. LOL
Here is the issue, what did they need to believe, before even Jesus breathed on them, as you
mentioned?
Mar 16:14. Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their

The issue is the resurrection in the preaching of the Gospel. Can it be excluded in
what one believes unto salvation?

2 Corinthians 11:4. For if he that cometh preaches another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
We know all through scripture in the Old and the New that Faith is all that is needed. This is how Abraham was saved. The statement in Genesis 15:6, “And he believed in the Lord, and he accounted it to him for righteousness,” is quoted in Romans 4:3, 22; Galatians 3:6 and James 2:23.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
We know all through scripture in the Old and the New that Faith is all that is needed. This is how Abraham was saved. The statement in Genesis 15:6, “And he believed in the Lord, and he accounted it to him for righteousness,” is quoted in Romans 4:3, 22; Galatians 3:6 and James 2:23.
Of course. That is why what is believed is essential to the Faith. To the Gospel Truth.
Galatians 1:
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ,
to a different gospel,
7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have
preached to you, let him be accursed.
9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than
what you have received, let him be accursed.

2 Corinthians 11:4. For if he that comes preaches another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

The intent of the thread is to show that the Resurrection is an essential element of that Gospel.

Romans 1:4. and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness,
by the resurrection from the dead.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course. That is why what is believed is essential to the Faith. To the Gospel Truth.
Galatians 1:
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ,
to a different gospel,
7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have
preached to you, let him be accursed.
9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than
what you have received, let him be accursed.

2 Corinthians 11:4. For if he that comes preaches another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

The intent of the thread is to show that the Resurrection is an essential element of that Gospel.

Romans 1:4. and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness,
by the resurrection from the dead.
Yes all will be resurrected on the last day. Some to everlasting life and others will suffer the second death.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe it took place at Pentecost. Until then we have nothing that showed us the disciples had no fear of persecution or understanding of Jesus teachings prior to Pentecost when Jesus promised to send the Holy Spirit( Another Comforter) until after He had left them and returned to the Father as per John 14-17.
At that time Jesus promised the Holy Spirit would be guiding them into all truth and bringing remembrance to them all the things that he had taught them.

hope this helps !!!
A final stumbling block of unbelief had to be removed, to a full comprehension of the significance
of the resurrection from the dead.
Mark 16:14. Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their
unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him
after He had risen.

He gave them a wonderful presentation!
Luke 24:
39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not
have flesh and bones as you see I have.

40 When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.
41 But while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled,
He said to them, Have you any food here?

Their hearts were now ready to receive the Holy Spirit and be born again.

John 20:
20 When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples
I also am sending you.
Receive the Holy Spirit.

They would later be endued with power with the pouring out of the Spirit
to fulfill the Feast of Firstfruits.

The Firstfruits Follow The Lamb

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
There are 2 births and 2 deaths...a physical birth (water) and a physical death..a spiritual birth (spirit) and a spiritual death (the 2nd death)...

Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. The wind blows where it wants, and you hear the sound of it, but can not tell where it comes from, and where it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

How can these things be?

If I have told you earthly things, and you don't believe, how will you believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so also shall we bear the likeness of the heavenly man. Now I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

the firstborn of the dead...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums