Bs As
✟43,424.00
Country
Argentina
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
What should we do when it rains evil thoughts in our mind, which we consciously detest? These are the mental attacks
It's just?:
2 Corinthians 10:3-5, the mind is the battlefield.
2 Corinthians 10:5 "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

It's very annoying, we just have to ignore those thoughts, the mental attacks from Satan?

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What should we do when it rains evil thoughts in our mind, which we consciously detest? These are the mental attacks
It's just?:
2 Corinthians 10:3-5, the mind is the battlefield.
2 Corinthians 10:5 "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

It's very annoying, we just have to ignore those thoughts, the mental attacks from Satan?

Do not be overcome by them and surrender by making its truths, but rather know the Word of God so that you can overcome the falsehoods with Truth.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Romans 21:21)

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do not follow after evil. We're not responsible for our thoughts but we are for what we feed our minds with by chewing on anything in particular. Really it's what tree you care to feed on. When thoughts come to be too boring to entertain then just around the corner is contentment. ... The hard part is letting go (and let God)

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be mindful of your thoughts but don't invest in them. Pray the Lord's Prayer or the Jesus Prayer (or some other prayer that helps you to refocus your thoughts to Lord Jesus Christ) and move on. Don't feed them by analysing, detesting, judging or fearing them. Thoughts are just thoughts and feelings are just feelings.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

2 Corinthians 10:5

We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

Proverbs 4:23

Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life.

James 4:7

Submit therefore to God Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Psalm 94:19

When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I agree it is annoying LOL ! But it's already beat at the cross for we who are in Christ Jesus. Though we live in filthy flesh for now, we are seen as clean in the spirit because of accepting Him. Meanwhile we do what we can to check our minds and thoughts and ultimately deeds.

Carolina 16, it will not be like this when we move on to our eternal states.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: carolina16
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have this promise from God “that he will perfect that which concerns us” this is where the “fight of faith” comes in, to keep believing this when our minds run unmuck. Even Paul said “he had fears outside and doubts within” so your not abnormal. Just a Christian.

Scripture says “we die daily” dying is painful. “But he that endures to the end shall be saved.”

To deny self, pick up cross, follow Christ. And to know what that means by experience. So when all is said and done, we actually will have done that. Prayers for you. In Christ.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are the consolations? Could you explain me, please?

If we look at the same verse Psalm 94:19 in various Bible versions/translations we can read it with different words for consolation (consuelo)

New American Standard Bible
When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.

King James Bible
In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.

International Standard Version
When my anxious inner thoughts become overwhelming, your comfort encourages me.

NET Bible
When worries threaten to overwhelm me, your soothing touch makes me happy.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
In the multitude of my heart' s afflictions, your comforts have redeemed my soul!

GOD'S WORD® Translation
When I worried about many things, your assuring words soothed my soul.

King James 2000 Bible
In the multitude of my thoughts within me your comforts delight my soul.

Have you ever felt in prayer or reading the Bible that Lord Jesus Christ is comforting you with the Holy Spirit or a verse of scripture that speaks to you about your struggle or difficult situation? It is important to have quiet time everyday for prayer and or scripture so that we can receive these consolations.

Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!

Psalms 46:10

The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.
Exodus 14:14 NIT

• Winner
Reactions: Joy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you Sarah because what you posted was so helpful to me

Something the Lord showed me today.

Psalm 71:3 says
Be to me a rock of refuge in which to dwell, and a sheltering stronghold to which I may continually resort, which You have appointed to save me, for You are my Rock and my Fortress.

God is our Father, He wants me/you to talk to Him regularly because He wants to be our Refuge, a place of safety and security.

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

NDL

Sep 2, 2004
NYC Metro
Visit site
✟11,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The mental attacks are in your mind; ignore them.

2 Corinthians 10:5 refers to false religious beliefs which contradict the Bible.

In other words: if something comes in the form of an attack in your mind, ignore it. If you read or hear something that contradicts the Bible, it's your responsibility to find out what the truth is (contained within the Bible), and to use the truth to argue against the lie.

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Every day, i pick up my cross, but i forget this. Thank you :).

Your welcome.

When we see, that when He died, we died. The command to “reckon ourselves dead” becomes the most blessed command ever givin. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do not be overcome by them and surrender by making its truths, but rather know the Word of God so that you can overcome the falsehoods with Truth.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Romans 21:21)
More very good advice. (I think you mean Romans 12.21. :))

• Agree
Reactions: salt-n-light
Upvote 0

carolina16

Jesus Christ is the Lord
Sep 21, 2017
Bs As
✟43,424.00
Country
Argentina
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Your welcome.

When we see, that when He died, we died. The command to “reckon ourselves dead” becomes the most blessed command ever givin. :)

Romans 6:11
So you too must count yourselves dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Romans 6:11
So you too must count yourselves dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

It is the only way to be freed from our “old man” but once that is learned, freedom is just around the corner.

Scripture says, “he that sins is a slave to sin” for that to be true the opposite would have to be true. In righteousness is freedom to be found. Making the scripture “for freedom did Christ set us free” understandable.

Best wishes and prayers for you. :)

Upvote 0