United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Gal 5:3
For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Jas 2:10
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Those who keep the Sabbath do so with a belief that law can be divided into moral and ceremonial aspects. They believe Sabbath observance is part of the moral aspect and remains in effect, but the detailed instructions are part of the ceremonial aspects that have been done away with in Christ. The law, however, cannot be so easily divided. Deuteronomy 27:26, for example, cited by both Paul (Gal. 3:10; cf. 5:3) and James (James 2:10), shows that keeping the law is a two-edged sword — to fail in one point makes one guilty of all. The New Testament, furthermore, provides no clear distinction between moral and ceremonial aspects of the Mosaic law and frequently speaks of the entire law (e.g., Gal 3:23–24; 4:4–5).

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Gal 5:3
For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Those who keep the Sabbath do so with a belief that law can be divided into moral and ceremonial aspects. They believe Sabbath observance is part of the moral aspect and remains in effect, but the detailed instructions are part of the ceremonial aspects that have been done away with in Christ. The law, however, cannot be so easily divided. Deuteronomy 27:26, for example, cited by both Paul (Gal. 3:10; cf. 5:3) and James (James 2:10), shows that keeping the law is a two-edged sword — to fail in one point makes one guilty of all. The New Testament, furthermore, provides no clear distinction between moral and ceremonial aspects of the Mosaic law and frequently speaks of the entire law (e.g., Gal 3:23–24; 4:4–5).
This should be interesting if anyone participates.

In that they say part of the law is no longer in force they admit the law has changed. They crucify themselves and their argument based on Mat 5:17-18. The Scripture also conclusively nails the coffin shut.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Doesnt Matt 5:17 say until it is fulfilled that changes can be made?

Heb 7:12 confirms the Change of the priesthood and Heb 8 shows the animal sacrifices are no longer needed, but for what else changed or was abolished, where do we look.
Concerning Matt 5:17......
You're talking about the law, but the scripture is talking about the 5books of Moses.
Mat 5:17
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Matt 5:17 refurs to fulfilling what was prophesied in the books of the law (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) and the books of the prophets.

Well tell us why would the priesthood change if the law cannot change?

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This should be interesting if anyone participates.

In that they say part of the law is no longer in force they admit the law has changed. They crucify themselves and their argument based on Mat 5:17-18. The Scripture also conclusively nails the coffin shut.
They wont answer the questions that exposes deceptive tactics. They will raise the same old arguments by twisting and confusing scripture context.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Doesnt Matt 5:17 say until it is fulfilled that changes can be made?

Heb 7:12 confirms the Change of the priesthood and Heb 8 shows the animal sacrifices are no longer needed, but for what else changed or was abolished, where do we look.
The law regulates the priesthood.

Why will you not believe LK 24:44?

Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

just trying to understand
Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The New Testament, furthermore, provides no clear distinction between moral and ceremonial aspects of the Mosaic law.

I have been trying for years to get any sort of answer to this question from those who have divided the law. I will be heartily surprised if any of the Law-keepers step up to the plate on this.

:confused:

Romans 7:14(NKJV)
14For we know that the law is spiritual...

name a spiritual law.

speaking of Christ, paul says:

Hebrews 7:16(NKJV)
16who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.

now, name a fleshly commandment.

if you need any help, maybe you can enLIST the services of your buddy listed as he said:

"Yes I can see there were parts of the law governing very different aspects of life."

and so there's no ambiguity about his statement:

part (from Part | Define Part at Dictionary.com)
[pahrt] Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
noun
a portion or division of a whole that is separate or distinct; piece, fragment, fraction, or section; constituent:
the rear part of the house; to glue the two parts together.
an essential or integral attribute or quality:
a sense of humor is part of a healthy personality.
a section or division of a literary work.
a portion, member, or organ of an animal body.
any of a number of more or less equal quantities that compose a whole or into which a whole is divided:
Use two parts sugar to one part cocoa.
an allotted portion; share.
Usually, parts.
a region, quarter, or district:
a journey to foreign parts.
a quality or attribute establishing the possessor as a person of importance or superior worth:
Being both a diplomat and a successful businesswoman, she is widely regarded as a woman of parts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

name a spiritual law.

16who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.

if you need any help, maybe you can enLIST the services of your buddy listed as he said:

"Yes I can see there were parts of the law governing very different aspects of life."

[pahrt] Spell Syllables
noun
a portion or division of a whole that is separate or distinct; piece, fragment, fraction, or section; constituent:
any of a number of more or less equal quantities that compose a whole or into which a whole is divided:
Usually, parts.
a quality or attribute establishing the possessor as a person of importance or superior worth:
Being both a diplomat and a successful businesswoman, she is widely regarded as a woman of parts.
If you divide up your vehicle the way you do the law it too will be useless and inoperable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnRabbit

Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you divide up your vehicle the way you do the law it too will be useless and inoperable.

you're the one that said the law was parted, remember i quoted you.

why don't you name a spiritual law and a fleshly law?

surely, you don't believe that spirit and flesh are the same.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

name a spiritual law.

[pahrt] Spell Syllables
noun
Usually, parts.

What's your point? What does defining 'parts' or part of the law do for you?
Almost everything have parts.

These scriptures you're trying to invalidate addresses all the law as the whole law.

Gal 5:14

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What's your point? What does defining 'parts' or part of the law do for you?
Almost everything have parts.

isn't this the point of the thread? :doh:

These scriptures you're trying to invalidate addresses all the law as the whole law.

Gal 5:14

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

so, can you name a spiritual law and a fleshly law?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes I can, but you have not properly addressed the OP.

i basically answered by the scripture i posted.

you'd help me address it by answering the questions i put to you.

all you have to do is answer the questions.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0