Arcadia
✟193,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi and many do not believe Israel was set aside as a NATION !

I say that Israel and Judah were set aside in Jer 3:8 YET many say that the OLD COVENANT was set aside at the cross ?

If Israel has been set aside , was WATER BAPTISM and ANIMAL SACRIFICES also set aside ??

And there are many that say they were not set aside , so what say you ??

dan p

• Useful
Reactions: Stone-n-Steel

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the scriptures, ISRAEL is only a name given by God to His people. In the NEW COVENANT all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD are God's ISRAEL.

Hi and who do you mean " all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD are God's Israel " so who are they ??

dan p

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi and when are GENTILES grafted in with God's Israel , point #4 ??

Are you saying that the BODY OF CHRIST are grafted into Israel ??

dan p

Hi brother Dan, read the scriptures provided to you. Gentiles BELIEVERS are grafted in after the death and resurrection of JESUS. All those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD (the true church) are God's ISRAEL according to God's WORD under the NEW COVENANT.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi brother Dan, read the scriptures provided to you. Gentiles BELIEVERS are grafted in after the death and resurrection of JESUS. All those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD (the true church) are God's ISRAEL according to God's WORD under the NEW COVENANT.

Hi and when did I miss that verse , and you will provide it I hope ?

I have never read where Gentiles are under the NEW COVENANT ?

dan p

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi and when did I miss that verse , and you will provide it I hope ?

I have never read where Gentiles are under the NEW COVENANT ?

dan p

The NEW COVENANT is to God's ISRAEL *HEBREWS 8:10-12 (from JEREMIAH 31:31-34) Gentiles believers are grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27. Read the linked scriptures already posted.

God bless

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You subscribed to Covenant Theology.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope. God's Word. Read the scriptures posted.

The Jews were given one more year to accept Jesus as their messiah after the Crucifixion, so the Gentiles could not have been grafted in until Stephen's stoning.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Jews were given one more year to accept Jesus as their messiah after the Crucifixion, so the Gentiles could not have been grafted in until Stephen's stoning.
What has this got to do with anything that has been posted? Nothing.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What has this got to do with anything that has been posted? Nothing.

Guess you aren't aware that OT prophecy stated that the Jewish nation needed to accept Jesus as the Messiah first, before the Gentiles can be reached?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Guess you aren't aware that OT prophecy stated that the Jewish nation needed to accept Jesus as the Messiah first, before the Gentiles can be reached?

Do you not know who God's ISRAEL and JEWS are in the NEW COVENANT?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The NEW COVENANT is to God's ISRAEL *HEBREWS 8:10-12 (from JEREMIAH 31:31-34) Gentiles believers are grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27. Read the linked scriptures already posted.

God bless

Hi and we are placed into the Body of Christ by the HOLY SPIRIT , 1 Cor 12:13 and are a NEW CREATION !!
Will you show how the B O C is grafted into an Olive Tree ?

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi and we are placed into the Body of Christ by the HOLY SPIRIT , 1 Cor 12:13 and are a NEW CREATION !!
Will you show how the B O C is grafted into an Olive Tree ?

dan p

Indeed, I already have. Read the scriptures provided to you in the linked posts above. You did not read them did you. What is it you do not understand?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God bless

Hi and in Luke 13:6-9 Israel was to be set aside after Jesus was crucified !!

Luke 13:6 is a parable of Israel a MAN/THE FATHER had a VINEYARD and the FATHER found no FIGS !!
In verse 7 the FATHER says to the DRESSER /JESUS , 3 YEARS I , THE FATHER says , I have come seeking fruit and CUT IT DOWN , ( SPEAKS OF ISRAEL ) why are you let CUMBERETH it the Ground !!

Then in verse 8 Jesus says to the FATHER , Lord , let it alone this year also , till I shall DIG about it , and dung it !!

Verse 9 And if it BEAR FRUIT WELL , and if not , then after that thou shall SHALT CUT IT DOWN !!

This just one of many verses that say that have the same TIMELINE !!

These are the 3 earthly years of Jesus ministry and one more year makes it 4 years , than JESUS DEATH and then at the end of Acts Israel has been set aside !!

And Israel has been set aside for over 2000 years and counting till Rom 11:25 !!

dan p

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi and in Luke 13:6-9 Israel was to be set aside after Jesus was crucified !!

Luke 13:6 is a parable of Israel a MAN/THE FATHER had a VINEYARD and the FATHER found no FIGS !!
In verse 7 the FATHER says to the DRESSER /JESUS , 3 YEARS I , THE FATHER says , I have come seeking fruit and CUT IT DOWN , ( SPEAKS OF ISRAEL ) why are you let CUMBERETH it the Ground !!

Then in verse 8 Jesus says to the FATHER , Lord , let it alone this year also , till I shall DIG about it , and dung it !!

Verse 9 And if it BEAR FRUIT WELL , and if not , then after that thou shall SHALT CUT IT DOWN !!

This just one of many verses that say that have the same TIMELINE !!

These are the 3 earthly years of Jesus ministry and one more year makes it 4 years , than JESUS DEATH and then at the end of Acts Israel has been set aside !!

And Israel has been set aside for over 2000 years and counting till Rom 11:25 !!

dan p

You are confused brother. You did not read the scriptures posted to you in the linked posts above did you. It is UNBELIEVING ISRAEL that was to be cut out not BELIEVERS. It is those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT that are God's ISRAEL not UNBELIEVERS.

ROMANS 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are confused brother. You did not read the scriptures posted to you in the linked posts above did you. It is UNBELIEVING ISRAEL that was to be cut out not BELIEVERS. It is those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT that are God's ISRAEL not UNBELIEVERS.

ROMANS 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.

Hi and read more and you say that ONLY BELIEVERS were not cut out ?

So who where ARE these BELIEVERS that were not cut out and is God still working with Israel today with animal sacrifices ??

dan p

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi and read more and you say that ONLY BELIEVERS were not cut out ?

So who where ARE these BELIEVERS that were not cut out and is God still working with Israel today with animal sacrifices ??

dan p

All those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD are God's ISRAEL. Animal sacrifices are only SHADOW laws from the OLD COVENANT for remission of sin from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 which pointed to JESUS as our true sacrifice for the SINS of the world in the NEW COVENANT *JOHN 1:29; 1 JOHN 2:2.

Upvote 0