loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Trump said North Korea called he meant South Korea, says White House
When Donald Trump said North Korea “called a couple of days ago” in a speech to the Gridiron Club Saturday, he was actually referring to a call from South Korea, a White House official told South Korean news agency Yonhap.

In his freewheeling speech, Trump digressed from the customary jests to an apparently serious point about U.S. relations with North Korea.

“It was headed for disaster, and now we’re talking,” he announced.
Of North Korea, he said, “They, by the way, called up a couple of days ago.”

“‘We would like to talk.’ And I said, ‘So would we, but you have to denuke, you have to denuke,’” said Trump.

The unnamed National Security Council official on Monday told Yonhap: “President Trump did not have a call with the North Koreans.”
tulc(can't wait to see how this is President Obama's fault) :wave:

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well let's give David a break, at least he knew it was 1 of the Koreas & not Nambia or some other country that doesn't exist.

Mr.Dennison is on top of things,always three steps ahead of everybody else.tax returns.covfefe.sad.

• Haha
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Mr.Dennison is on top of things,always three steps ahead of everybody else.tax returns.covfefe.sad.

Dang it, you just put an ugly picture in my head with the 'Mr. Dennison is on top of things'. That's about the last thing I wanted to envision before I've had my coffee, lol.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I really wonder how they would even know who President Trump has talked to, and who he hasn't talked to. The fact is, there's no attribution, no corroboration, so it's just another of the 90% negative news media making up news.
Why would anyone fact check a comedy routine, anyway...

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dang it, you just put an ugly picture in my head with the 'Mr. Dennison is on top of things'. That's about the last thing I wanted to envision before I've had my coffee, lol.

Haha.....I caught that after it was too late.....shame on us....lol

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I really wonder how they would even know who President Trump has talked to, and who he hasn't talked to. The fact is, there's no attribution, no corroboration, so it's just another of the 90% negative news media making up news.
Why would anyone fact check a comedy routine, anyway...

Well you shouldn't have to wonder that much, Jesse, on account of how the White House said that it was South Korea that had called, when Trump said North Korea had in a public speech. You realize that the White House keeps logs of calls, right?

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well you shouldn't have to wonder that much, Jesse, on account of how the White House said that it was South Korea that had called, when Trump said North Korea had in a public speech. You realize that the White House keeps logs of calls, right?
Maybe this is like the 57 states comment Obama made? At any rate, it looks now as if Trump is going to meet with Un.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe this is like the 57 states comment Obama made? At any rate, it looks now as if Trump is going to meet with Un.

LOL! Jesse, I knew you were going to say that. I just knew it. So the 1st thing you did was deny the conversation, mock those of us who knew it was fact on account of the facts, say it was the media. Then when shown it's a fact, you switch to a whataboutism about Obama. Do you know when Obama made that comment, Jesse? More than a decade ago. He was tired while campaigning, slipped up. No way is this at all like that. How many times has Trump said things that were false? You don't have to reach a decade back. This wasn't a tiny slip up while speaking, Jesse.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
LOL! Jesse, I knew you were going to say that. I just knew it. So the 1st thing you did was deny the conversation, mock those of us who knew it was fact on account of the facts, say it was the media. Then when shown it's a fact, you switch to a whataboutism about Obama. Do you know when Obama made that comment, Jesse? More than a decade ago. He was tired while campaigning, slipped up. No way is this at all like that. How many times has Trump said things that were false? You don't have to reach a decade back. This wasn't a tiny slip up while speaking, Jesse.
So, Trump may have slipped up, too. Which is my point. And I don't know that it's a fact that he said anything? Who reported it? I haven't seen it anywhere but MSNBC/CNN. The Gridiron dinner is a mini White House Correspondent's Dinner, and he was doing standup.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
So, Trump may have slipped up, too. Which is my point. And I don't know that it's a fact that he said anything? Who reported it? I haven't seen it anywhere but MSNBC/CNN. The Gridiron dinner is a mini White House Correspondent's Dinner, and he was doing standup.

So, Jesse there's a mighty big difference between the two. Obama slipped up while tired & out campaigning for hours. Gracious, you had to stretch back a decade to find it. Whereas with Trump, it's an often occurrence for him to say something that isn't accurate. Whether deliberately or carelessly. He wasn't tired out campaigning. This wasn't just a misspeak, on account of how if you actually listen to what was said, it was clear he was talking about North Korea. He said it on camera. The White House said he hadn't talked with North Korea as he claimed.

Upvote 0