• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

When The Truth Is Rejected

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The last few years have been extremely difficult for me. I have been ill treated and rejected by all persons around me. I have been under constant verbal and physical, oftentimes, near physical attacks. These attacks are occurring as a result of the influence of my abusers who have convinced people that I am wicked, bad etc.

One of the persons who have rejected me is the father of my children. I did not even know I had children in the first place. Why does he reject me? I don't know personally. I only know what I see in my dreams of him. I have tried repeatedly to talk with him for years about what has been happening, but each time he ignores me, quarrels with me, don't want to speak to me.

He seems to reject me because:

(a) He doesn't believe what I am saying

(b) He is embarrassed of me especially around other people, and does not want me around him at all. He finds me annoying constantly because I am clingy, say "weird" things sometimes etc

(c) I am extremely concerned when he hangs around other girls and I make my feelings known to him. He doesn't call me, he doesn't write me, doesn't try to contact me, and ignores me when I have tried to contact him. So naturally, it is normal for me to be insecure, especially when he treats other girls the complete opposite of me. He respects them (hugs them, calls them, treats them well), likes them, shows them love and support, but he hates me. I am not purposely trying to annoy him or anything but he simply finds me annoying.

(d) He thinks that I hurt his image. He wants a hot girl and I am not a hot girl. I do not measure up to his expectations and standards. He and others tell him and believe he can do much better than me, in other words there are other girls available worth his time

(e) He believes anyone who says something bad about me. He values what other people think, especially of me. If they hate me, he hates me kind of scenario. Group thinking instead of individual thinking.

(f) He gets angry when I speak about my feelings in regards to him online, but he has been ignoring me for the last 5 years and I have no one to talk to about my problem, so I have no choice, but to express my feelings online, because I am hurting. He has hurt me in ways other persons could not.

As a result I feel:

(a) Like to give up on him. I am tired of constantly trying to tell the truth and being forced to defend myself frequently. So in other words he chooses what to believe about me and I will no longer try to convince him otherwise.

(b) To ignore him when I see him completely. I am tired of coming up to him and him being angry with me all the time. He can talk whoever he wants to, no matter how bad the person is, with no input from me, and he deals with the consequences of his actions, and finding out the truth about those persons.

(c) I regret knowing him and his friends because of the severe emotional pain I have experienced from them.

(d) I do not see what the point of living is. I have never met my children and probably never will, I have no ties to this world. I have asked God several times to take away my life.

Last edited:

Jesusismyking87!!

Nov 3, 2018
Savannah
✟19,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do not worry about this world or the ways of it. Instead know Jesus has given the ultimate sacrifice for our sins and we are to just love even if they do turn a hateful heart towards us.

Romans 12:18

18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, you are saying there are people who do not love you. Well, even though I am supposed to be a Christian, there are people who I have not loved, because of what they look like and/or how they seem to be impossible and snotty and stubborn.

Ooh . . . I just thought of this. Even if certain people do not love you, still they might be right about things you need to change. And you can change certain things for God and for ones who are really kind and caring people, but also stay ready for love with the ones who do not know how to love you.

It has been my own fault how I have not loved certain people, even if they might have been wrong, somehow.

But for their own good, they would do well to get God's correction of certain things which turn people away from them. We can isolate ourselves and dwell on how wrong people treat us, instead of finding ones who know how to love and feed on their example :) You can become a Christian person, then help anyone who does want you to help them and share with them.

While I have even recently been unloving about certain people, I would in prayer get notified and warned that Jesus wants me to love any and all people. And then I would pray for God to correct me and make me real so I am loving them the way He wants. And then, in my case, at times our relating would be so better after > I < got correction.

Upvote 0

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't understand how that could happen, could you explain it for me?

I literally had no idea I had any children. This is how bad my Dissociative Identity Disorder is. I do not remember being pregnant, going in labor, I don't know their name, or anything. I only knew they existed 5 years ago. I have tried to reach out to him, but he doesn't listen, and he does not allow me to talk to him. He has not given me a voice, he doesn't listen to me, nothing.

He knows that I frequently do not remember things. He knows I have a serious memory problem, but even with this knowledge he still turns his back on me.

Suppose the situation was reversed, I wonder what he would want me to do.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So, you are saying there are people who do not love you. Well, even though I am supposed to be a Christian, there are people who I have not loved, because of what they look like and/or how they seem to be impossible and snotty and stubborn.

Ooh . . . I just thought of this. Even if certain people do not love you, still they might be right about things you need to change. And you can change certain things for God and for ones who are really kind and caring people, but also stay ready for love with the ones who do not know how to love you.

It has been my own fault how I have not loved certain people, even if they might have been wrong, somehow.

But for their own good, they would do well to get God's correction of certain things which turn people away from them. We can isolate ourselves and dwell on how wrong people treat us, instead of finding ones who know how to love and feed on their example :) You can become a Christian person, then help anyone who does want you to help them and share with them.

While I have even recently been unloving about certain people, I would in prayer get notified and warned that Jesus wants me to love any and all people. And then I would pray for God to correct me and make me real so I am loving them the way He wants. And then, in my case, at times our relating would be so better after > I < got correction.

The article below which is so offensive reveals why people in Jamaica and elsewhere do not like me, and why ill treating me is seen as normal and acceptable. When you are a social person you are seen as normal, when you are quite and reserved like me you are seen as abnormal and treated as such.

The psychologist below clearly does not understand that not all persons have the same personality. There are persons who chat a lot, others not so much. From I was a child I had no problem accepting the fact that people had different personalities, but everyone had a problem with me simply because I was more quiet than others, and that my interests were different.

These bright children often called 'nerds' are not the ones getting into conflict with others. Because they are quiet sometimes, others have a problem with them. Quiet children and adults are not the problem, the problem is that people are unable to accept persons who are different from themselves and bully them as a result.

I am bullied even as an adult, to the point of persons wanting to kill me. This is not normal behavior. Because of my type of personality, persons feel justified in treating me any way they wish, this includes shouting at me whenever they feel like it, laughing at me making me feel awful, simply because I am different.

"...I believe that truly successful children are children that are [well]-rounded. Because a child might know everything from A to Z, but be socially inept, are like social pariahs - no other child wants to play with them; no parents want them around their child; they can't problem-solve; they get into conflicts all the time; they lack emotional regulation, so that child is really not functioning," she explained.

Lamenting the glorification of academic excellence, she said there is also the misconception that if you are balanced, you are not as good.

"So how many of these children who have 12 and 13 CXCs (Caribbean Examinations Council) are socially competent, who have meaningful peer relationships?" she questioned.

Rose said the Jamaican society has a growing expectation that children ought to aspire to be "overachievers", accomplishing academic feats well beyond the scope of their young years, and outside of their normal psychological development, rendering them extremely stressed and, in some cases, maladjusted.

"Genius is not normal; it is an abnormality. Some people forget that it is not typical development. It is aberrant; it is off the fringes," Rose explained.

Clinical Psychologist: Addiction To Perfect Academic Scores Stealing Our Children

Last edited:
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am bullied even as an adult, to the point of persons wanting to kill me. This is not normal behavior. Because of my type of personality, persons feel justified in treating me any way they wish, this includes shouting at me whenever they feel like it, laughing at me making me feel awful, simply because I am different.
People hated Jesus and wanted to kill him. But Jesus kept loving, and He communicated with people. He tells us to love our enemies and bless those who curse us.

People in Satan's kingdom are cruel. A number of psychologists do not understand this. If people's personalities are Satanic so they can treat you badly, this is not only their personalities, but the evil being who is deeply degrading them from love.

So, Jesus died on the cross for any evil and cruel and cowardly bullying person. Jesus had hope for anyone.

And in my experience, people I have known might not scream at people for no real reason, but ones can be cruel just by not accepting certain people because of their financial status and what they look like. But there is bullying with physical assault in American schools.

So, we trust Jesus.

Upvote 0

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't understand how that could happen, could you explain it for me?

i didn't know that i was pregnant - YouTube

I also wanted to show videos of a show above ("I didn't Know I was Pregnant") depicting real events, where none of the women knew they were pregnant, until the baby was about to arrive.

In my case I never knew anything at all at the time.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i didn't know that i was pregnant - YouTube
I also wanted to show videos of a show above ("I didn't Know I was Pregnant") depicting real events, where none of the women knew they were pregnant, until the baby was about to arrive.
In my case I never knew anything at all at the time.
Many question how that is even possible; but I know it is.

A good friend of my kid sister (she was kinda chubby) was on a family vacation when she went into labor in the backseat of the family car several hundred miles from home.

She was in highschool.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums