Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well a day or two I complained about a TIME magazine article that show cased the problems of the media (bragging about "a Cabal of elites" working behind the scenes to prevent Trump from being re-elected in the most glowing terms possible.)

Here is something both similar and different. Virginia Hefferman, an LA times columnist (who like most journalists hates Trump) receives unexpected kindness from her super MAGA neighbor. The lady apparently was traveling to a "Covid retreat" in the mountains and their neighbor had unexpected snow plowed their drive way for them when they arrived. Hefferman seems to have experience some cognitive dissonance from this act of unexpected kindness, because it came from a Trump supporter, and someone who is white...

Column: What can you do about the Trumpites next door?

I guess some may see this as hopeful, but I wasn't very cheered by it. It's obvious in the article she sees things purely from the standpoint of her party etc. and has no empathy for her Trump neighbor.

Besides this, it really shows the giant divide between Red and Blue America. In the country and small town America lots of people like to know their neighbor, help their neighbor etc. And in many ways would prefer that sort of thing, not needing the government for everything.

Last edited:

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Well a day or two I complained about a TIME magazine article that show cased the problems of the media (bragging about a Cabal of elites working behind the scenes to prevent Trump from being re-elected in the most glowing terms possible.)

Here is something both similar and different. Virginia Hefferman, an LA times columnist (who like most journalists hates Trump) receives unexpected kindness from her super MAGA neighbor. The lady apparently was traveling to a "Covid retreat" in the mountains and their neighbor had unexpected snow plowed their drive way for them when they arrived. Hefferman seems to have experience some cognitive dissonance from this act of unexpected kindness, because it came from a Trump supporter, and someone who is white...

Column: What can you do about the Trumpites next door?

I guess some may see this as hopeful, but I wasn't very cheered by it. It's obvious in the article she sees things purely from the standpoint of her party etc. and has no empathy for her Trump neighbor.

Besides this, it really shows the giant divide between Red and Blue America. In the country and small town America lots of people like to know their neighbor, help their neighbor etc. And in many ways would prefer that sort of thing, not needing the government for everything.
The article was chilling. So much hatred they can't even manage to thank a neighbor who did a good deed for them without comparing them to Hezbollah and the Nazis.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think she is conflating the things Trump said and the things he did (I loved the things he did but didn't care for the things he said, except at his rallies, which were a hoot).

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The snake demons of hate and division have fallen on America. (I'm referring to snakes as a metaphor or negative ways of thinking) People can chose whether or not they'll allow them to wrap around their spirits and minds and one can stop them from doing so if they wish. Some people on the political left and some people (not all on either side but some of the right too ) have allowed these negative ways of thinking to become entrenched within them. I embrace rather the Commandment of Jesus Christ to LOVE one another which even means one's enemies. He even said to pray for them. See Matt 5:44. Well that's too hard! Didn't say it was easy. That's why he made it a Command. Jn 15:12 .

He made it a Command for he knew at times everything in your natural thinking wouldn't really want to do it. Some may buck at that and well fine....God has given them a choice but you don't get to choose the end results of actions. Point being no human being was created to have hate flowing through them . Mankind were created to be LOVE creatures thus no real peace one can have who steps out of this positive merciful realm. I think Doctors have even wrote how negative, hateful mindsets effect people's physical bodies. I truly feel people on lets say the right or left who have fallen into this should be felt sorry for. Have they missed out on what really makes LIFE work? I'd say so.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0