When people talk about ‘reform,’ do they mean conforming to Christ? Or do they mean deforming His...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...Church with rot and doublespeak? Here’s how you can tell

633b442d90954e814fd49710_307847943_950293083030190_7818561793553594162_n.jpg

"You keep on using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it does."

"We are in a right spot here!"(Ulysses Everett McGill)O Brother Where Art Thou

What follows is polemical. I make no apologies for that. Because it is also completely true.

In my youth I attended a very conservative seminary for my undergraduate formation. And I was fine with that since I too was a very conservative young man theologically, filled with the usual zeal that youthful idealism brings. It was the season of the post-conciliar antinomian insanity in the Church where it seemed as if she had become the preferred refuge for clerical dung beetles of every perversion who could not cut it in the world as a regular human being, and tired old feminist nuns with a thousand years of axes to grind. But my own diocese of Lincoln Nebraska had resisted the madness (or so it seemed on the surface to me as a naïve young man) and Pope John Paul II had just been elected, so there seemed to be hope that a young conservative Catholic such as myself could actually find a safe haven and a home in the Church.

Continued below.
Orwellian Synodality | Gaudium et Spes 22