When New York’s Attorney General Grilled Eric Trump, Her Trump Organization Probe Was Civil. Now, It

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
full headline:
When New York’s Attorney General Grilled Eric Trump, Her Trump Organization Probe Was Civil. Now, It’s Criminal. What Changed?

When New York's Attorney General Grilled Eric Trump, Her Trump Organization Probe Was Civil. Now, It's Criminal. What Changed?
With the Tuesday evening announcement that New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) is criminally investigating the Trump Organization, the 45th president’s home state has become uniquely unfriendly territory for him—with his chief business, associates and possibly even himself within the crosshairs of multiple Empire State prosecutors.
tulc(thought this was interesting)

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ooooh.... an who is surprised by this news - they have been touting it for almost two years -

The left is freaking out, Trump might just run again! Horrors - so let's do EVERYTHING we can to stop that from happening.

If you do not think this is politically motivated, I have some great oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you.

Too funny!

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I was hoping justice would eventually catch up with Trump. Unfortunately for him, he can face these criminal charges now since he can no longer hide behind his presidency and evade prosecution. I still think he fought so hard to overturn the election because he knows his days are numbered. Like I said before, his multiple failed attempts to overturn the election and thwart the results aren't the actions of an innocent man. He was bellyaching about voter fraud and a rigged election months before the first vote was cast in the election. He was obviously searching for some kind of loophole that would ensure his re-election and prolong the inevitable of him facing criminal charges and possibly even prison.

'I just want 11,780 votes': Trump pressed Georgia to overturn Biden victory

In recorded call, Trump pressures Georgia official to ‘find’ votes to overturn election

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He was bellyaching about voter fraud and a rigged election months before the first vote was cast in the election. He was obviously searching for some kind of loophole that would ensure his re-election and prolong the inevitable of him facing criminal charges and possibly even prison.

In recorded call, Trump pressures Georgia official to ‘find’ votes to overturn election

Pssst.... that was debunked when the Governor of Georgia released the phone call in total - that is why the talking heads stopped repeating the lie.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Full transcript and audio of the call between Trump and Raffensperger:

"And you are going to find that they are — which is totally illegal — it is more illegal for you than it is for them because, you know, what they did and you’re not reporting it. That’s a criminal, that’s a criminal offense. And you can’t let that happen. That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer. And that’s a big risk. But they are shredding ballots, in my opinion, based on what I’ve heard. And they are removing machinery, and they’re moving it as fast as they can, both of which are criminal finds. And you can’t let it happen, and you are letting it happen. You know, I mean, I’m notifying you that you’re letting it happen. So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have because we won the state."

Georgia election officials formally launch investigation into Trump phone calls

Georgia Prosecutors Open Criminal Inquiry Into Trump’s Efforts to Subvert Election

Newly Revealed Call Details How Trump Pressed Georgia Investigator To Find Vote Fraud

Fulton County DA opens criminal probe into Trump's efforts to overturn Georgia election results

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was hoping justice would eventually catch up with Trump. Unfortunately for him, he can face these criminal charges now since he can no longer hide behind his presidency and evade prosecution. I still think he fought so hard to overturn the election because he knows his days are numbered. Like I said before, his multiple failed attempts to overturn the election and thwart the results aren't the actions of an innocent man. He was bellyaching about voter fraud and a rigged election months before the first vote was cast in the election. He was obviously searching for some kind of loophole that would ensure his re-election and prolong the inevitable of him facing criminal charges and possibly even prison.
* * * EDITED * * * . Here you kvetch about Trump's action about the very possible crooked election but seem to be totally unaware of how the left has tried for almost 5 years to get rid of Trump.
Opponents started trying to "impeach" Trump before he was even a nominee.

Donald Trump isn’t even the Republican nominee yet. But his incendiary rhetoric, most notably about killing the families of terrorists and bringing back torture, has critics on the right and the left discussing the most extreme of countermeasures at an unusually early point in the race.
“Impeachment” is already on the lips of pundits, newspaper editorials, constitutional scholars, and even a few members of Congress. From the right, Washington attorney Bruce Fein puts the odds at 50/50 that a President Trump commits impeachable offenses as president. Liberal Florida Rep. Alan Grayson says Trump’s insistence on building a wall at the U.S.-Mexico border, if concrete was poured despite Congress’s opposition, could lead down a path toward impeachment. Even the mainstream Republican head of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce recently tossed out the I-word when discussing the civilian backlash if Trump’s trade war with China led to higher prices on everyday items sold at WalMart and Target. On his radio show last month, Rush Limbaugh even put a very brisk timeline on it: “They’ll be talking impeachment on day two, after the first Trump executive order,” he said.
Could Trump be impeached shortly after he takes office?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,144.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Given all I have learned during Trump's single term, I believe that thinking him to be blameless is irrational.

Like a church, the White House is a sanctuary from criminal prosecution for its occupant. He had multiple shields--AG Barr, a Republican House and Senate, and dozens of lawyers whose principal roles were launching and defending lawsuits.

The sanctuary has a new occupant. The previously unavailable evidence is in the hands of prosecutors.

The shields were not a sign of innocence. It was a temporary fortress.

NY isn't on a witch hunt. They just want the hundreds of millions of dollars Trump evaded paying, and they want to make sure other tax frauds won't mess with them.

As an honest taxpayer I understand completely.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Given all I have learned during Trump's single term, I believe that thinking him to be blameless is irrational.
Like a church, the White House is a sanctuary from criminal prosecution for its occupant. He had multiple shields--AG Barr, a Republican House and Senate, and dozens of lawyers whose principal roles were launching and defending lawsuits.
The sanctuary has a new occupant. The previously unavailable evidence is in the hands of prosecutors.
The shields were not a sign of innocence. It was a temporary fortress.
NY isn't on a witch hunt. They just want the hundreds of millions of dollars Trump evaded paying, and they want to make sure other tax frauds won't mess with them.
As an honest taxpayer I understand completely.
I read a lot of rumor, speculation and innuendo but I see no, zero, none EVIDENCE. What's going on now is a witch hunt "Give us your tax returns so we can look for some evidence."

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,144.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I read a lot of rumor, speculation and innuendo but I see no, zero, none EVIDENCE. What's going on now is a witch hunt "Give us your tax returns so we can look for some evidence."
If a judge rules that a subpoena for tax returns must be honored, then it isn't a witch hunt. It is a subpoena which has been legally determined to be necessary.

In the case of the former president, the subpoena from the Manhattan DA wen all the way to the Supreme Court---twice! The subpoena has been ruled on by virtually scores of judges--twice! Panels of lower court and Supreme Court justices.

I am certain these learned justices made sure that the evidence necessary to rule on whether the subpoena was reasonable given the case that had already been built.

To be specific, in the case of the Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal payoffs within weeks of the 2016 election, the tax returns were necessary to follow the trail of payments made by Donald Trump to Michael Cohen (under an assumed name) to substantiate the illegal payoffs that had already been discovered in files from Cohen's off ice and his testimony.

I am sure there was evidence from raids of other Trump appointees that indicated other potential crimes and criminals. Manafort, Flynn--so many names I can't really remember them, and pretty much all of them have been pardoned except for Cohen.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If a judge rules that a subpoena for tax returns must be honored, then it isn't a witch hunt. It is a subpoena which has been legally determined to be necessary.
In the case of the former president, the subpoena from the Manhattan DA wen all the way to the Supreme Court---twice! The subpoena has been ruled on by virtually scores of judges--twice! Panels of lower court and Supreme Court justices.
I am certain these learned justices made sure that the evidence necessary to rule on whether the subpoena was reasonable given the case that had already been built.
To be specific, in the case of the Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal payoffs within weeks of the 2016 election, the tax returns were necessary to follow the trail of payments made by Donald Trump to Michael Cohen (under an assumed name) to substantiate the illegal payoffs that had already been discovered in files from Cohen's off ice and his testimony.
I am sure there was evidence from raids of other Trump appointees that indicated other potential crimes and criminals. Manafort, Flynn--so many names I can't really remember them, and pretty much all of them have been pardoned except for Cohen.
If they have evidence of criminal activity why do they need a subpoena for tax returns. And why aren't those tax returns on file in the respective jurisdictions?
Why would Trump or any other person have tax records which are not on file anywhere?
Last question judges in state courts can't be corrupt?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,144.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The NY Legislature passed legislation to release Trump's NY State tax returns. Predictably, (yawn), all the President's lawyers sued to stop them.

Not sure how many courts their lawsuits have passed through on that one yet. There are so many lawsuits it's hard to keep up with them.

The courts that eventually forced Trump's tax returns to be released to the Manhattan DA were federal courts, all the way to the federal Supreme Court, twice!

The Manhattan DA actually filed the subpoena with the President's tax accountants (I imagine that there may be as many of them as his lawyers). Because of the lawsuits, the accountants couldn't release them...until now.

And now that the Trump Corporation's CFO has been implicated criminally, he may testify and implicate others in his testimony. I wonder who--and how many--of the Trump family will be implicated?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Often, those stories of corporate employees vary widely as to what they believe their colleagues did or didn't do — even when those colleagues are your children, your brothers, your sister or your father. For the Trump family, it may already be too late to get their stories straight. And doing so may not even be in their individual best interests. That's why it's time for each of them to separately lawyer up, avoid public statements — and be really nice to one another.
Opinion | It’s time for the Trump children to lawyer up

Upvote 0