Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
NOTE: This is the Egalitarian Forum. All responses must conform to forum rules.

Great quote by Jacob Denhollander, whose claim to fame is that he is married to Rachel Denhollander, the woman who spearheaded the successful prosecution of Larry Nassar, the former Michigan State University and US Olympic Committe team doctor of sexual assault.

I think he nails it. Do you agree?

"A misogynist rarely shows his misogyny when interacting with women he likes, who listen to him, or with whom he shares ideological commitments. The misogynist is revealed in his interactions with women who disagree with him, who don't accept his authority, & those he doesen't like."

JJ Denhollander.png

Reactions: iluvatar5150

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,387.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NOTE: This is the Egalitarian Forum. All responses must conform to forum rules.

Great quote by Jacob Denhollander, whose claim to fame is that he is married to Rachel Denhollander, the woman who spearheaded the successful prosecution of Larry Nassar, the former Michigan State University and US Olympic Committe team doctor of sexual assault.

I think he nails it. Do you agree?

"A misogynist rarely shows his misogyny when interacting with women he likes, who listen to him, or with whom he shares ideological commitments. The misogynist is revealed in his interactions with women who disagree with him, who don't accept his authority, & those he doesen't like."

View attachment 291133

Misogynist: "a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women."

If a man likes some women and not others, then doesn't that imply he is NOT a misogynist?

Upvote 0

KitKat1230

Truth Seeker
Oct 7, 2019
California
✟43,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think it's still possible for him to be. I'm sure there are men who have sexist/misogynistic views and sentiments who love their mothers, sisters, wives, daughters, etc. Just as someone liking a person who is another race does not necessarily mean that they cannot have racist ideas or actually be racist. Women can be misogynists too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,242.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It is probably true that a misogynist doesn't dislike woman in all circumstances; but isn't it hard for anyone (misogynists or not) to relate well to people who we disagree with, don't accept our authority and we don't like?

I think the point is that even in disagreement or dislike, genuine respect is still reflected in how we treat each other.

But when - for example - disagreement provokes a violent or threatening or belittling response, then that demonstrates the underlying fundamental lack of respect for that person.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the point is that even in disagreement or dislike, genuine respect is still reflected in how we treat each other.

I agree, but who do we genuinely respect? It seems circumstantial in many instances. Otherwise we would be better at taking criticism and correction, which we often reject no matter the source.

Upvote 0