✟37,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WHEN LIGHT DAWNS

We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 2 Peter 1:19

Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous. Psalm 112:4

I remember the day so vividly. A defeated Christian at the end of myself. Seeing for the first time my righteousness was filthy rags.

In 1994 I attended a 4 day seminar at a local church in my home town. After the first day I went home with tears in my eyes for I saw for the first time I had Christ's righteousness. I cried and praised God till 3:00 in the morning. The reason I remember the details is because I was under a works salvation and it felt like a D10 Dozer had been lifted off my back. Two days later I saw my eternal life was "Eternal". Why did this follow my revelation of His righteousness? It was the incompatibility of the two. How could I have Christ's righteousness and not have eternal life? I saw what Christ did for me in a new light (revelation). Praising God for 4 hours was not a heavy burden. I did this from the Joy of Christ in me. This is the simplicity of Christ! This is the power of His Cross! Praising Him in thankfulness of his Cross. Walking in thankfulness through His power. It seems like it should be more complicated than that but it really isn't.

The things I did leading up to this event were not what I expected that night. I was seeking more power to overcome sin. Satan was tormenting me with condemnation and misery over my failure. He was accusing me day and night. I wanted relief so bad, but to my understanding it came by crucifying the flesh in myself: more prayer, more devotion, more reckoning. MAN..... I reckoned till the cows came home! and only fell deeper into despair. But trying to reckon what you don't SEE is of little value. This was the peak of my suffering and I had come to the end of myself. This man presenting the book of Romans just happened to be in the right place at the right time when the field was ripe. It was not so much him, but the scriptures coming to life!! Where was I?... at the end of myself. I reached my hands up with nothing left to give. Light dawned and my eyes saw the truth. Who gets the glory? My Father in heaven for sending his Son!!!!!

Again what freed me that night is something that my Savior did nearly 2000 years ago, and nothing has changed. My joy and strength day to day are still only found in what He did for me on a hill called Calvary. The Cross, The Blood, and the Resurrection (grace of God) are still the power of God.

Trusting in the Grace of God is a choice. He will walk in us if we reckon what he did. But we must KNOW what he did before we can reckon. We have to believe what scripture says as FACT. His death was our death. We must see ourselves how the Father sees us. And this is only possible through His grace. Like the scripture says in Galatians...

"I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

The grace of God in this verse is what Christ did. The context of this righteousness is our walk. We can only walk in His righteousness through the power of His Cross. Faith has something to lay hold of and it is very powerful! The power of Christ in us is set forth by what He did. The notion that faith in an event in history will cause Christ to walk in us defies all human intellect. But that is the simplicity of Christ and the power of God. He does the walking not us. We were not fit to walk, only to be crucified.

My friends Jesus loves us unconditionally and holds none of our sins against us! The power of sin has been broken and we are free to praise him for the unconditional, complete, holy, pure, righteous, forgiveness that came through the frailty of His Son who was scorned and rejected by this world. For there is no power in a partial forgiveness, but when light dawns in a dark place and someone’s eyes are opened to see that the blood of Jesus Christ is sufficient, what a wonderful sight to see the redeemed of the Lord lift their hands to heaven with a freedom and liberation. When the sorrow, despair, and weight of trying to measure up are washed away by the blood of our Savior and King who died and rose again.

Only by His grace will we be a testimony. The worries of this world and the powers of darkness cannot restrain the joy of someone who knows, “it is finished”! Let us go and tell the world of this wonderful forgiveness!!

Grace and Peace...