New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's not a way to love them. That's a way to proselytize to them. There is a HUUUUUGE difference you know.
Also, if a Muslim who is as devout as you, came up to you and, in an effort to convert you to Islam, rattled off all the "lies" we believe, exactly how willing, open minded and receptive are you to hearing that message?

That may be your definition but it isn't the definition Paul was given by God.
If you read I Corinthians, it explains how to show love. I would note, and this was a very interesting thing to note because I only noticed it recently, in no way does I Corinthians say that love is contingent on sharing faith. IT would have been very easy to clearly include a line like "Love brings people closer to God" or "encourages a deeper understanding of Jesus' sacrifice", but it does not.
That's great! I can't wait to tell my Muslims friends that all 40+ years of their lives, they didn't even believe the faith they have been believing this whole time.

I can't WAIT to see the look on their face! They are going to be so surprised when I show them a video by some wackjob with 0 experience in meaningful exegenesis of the Quran and their entire religion and belief system crumbles.

Don't worry Adstar, I'll make sure to pass on the credit of this truly eye opening experience onto yourself and other folks who know "the truth about Islam". The truth that was hidden from people who've grown in that faith for 40. 50 years. What do they and every imam they've ever had; what do they know about Islam? Look at this youtube video that undermines it!

Don't worry then rambot.. You don't disturb your muslim friends.. You leave them in their darkness.. You leave them to die in their evil.. Don't cause them any discomfort in this world.. You can wave to them from across the abyss as you view them in servere eternal torment in the eternal lake of fire and cosole yourself that you never caused them any upset in their lives.......

I am glad i did not have you as my "christian friend??" when i was an unbeliever.. I thank God i had a friend who actually wanted me to be saved and was willing to cause me discomfort in the process of helping me come to the LORD Jesus Christ..

Reactions: Orthodoxjay1
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
When did i say that i was against helping muslims who are refugees ?? ... Nope i never said any such thing..
IF you have not, I apologize. You are implying it in the rest of your post though. So don't get too reactionary.

The costs of supporting every muslim ""refugee??"" that Germany accepts into Germany is multiple times higher then the cost of supporting that refugee in a refugee camp in lets say Northern Iraq's Kurdistan region.. 100 Euro's can feed and support a family of refugees in a Camp in Northern Iraq for a week.. But that same 100 Euro's would be spent in a day to support a single muslim refugee living in Germany..

The Absolute economic stupidity of Merkel allowing a flood of muslims into Germany was based on nothing but leftist liberal feel good politics and not on a level headed practical way of actually helping all people suffering because of the conflicts in the middle east.. The policy of accepting refugees into places like the USA Germany and the UK is insanity.. When you can support 10 times the number of refugees closer to their homelands with the same budget..

But sanity and practicality is not part of the Liberal mind and leftist politics.. for them it is all about the feel good factor and showing how moral and good they are.. They get to hold up welcome signs and give flowers to the incoming refugees at the train stations and gloat to the world about how PC and accepting and good they are... How many of these muslims had to down in the Mediterranean sea for these people to get their virtue signalling, self righteous, gloating pleasure, of holding up signs and giving out flowers?
This is actually quite hilarious to me. These people are welcoming, showing compassion and welcoming them in.
And they are being castigated as being self righteous and "moral and good". They are being derided for their kindness.
Seriously? What kind of Christian response is that? What happened to rejoicing in what is good?

I have had NUMEROUS friends travel through the middle EAst. Everyone of them LOVED it; Iran especially. They found the people their welcoming; to the point that they were invited to strangers homes.
So we have lovely Westerners reaching out a welcome helping hand and we have lovely Iranians doing the same.

I would like to posit that people such as Adstar and extremist muslims all be dropped off somewhere in the middle of Siberia and let them all figure it out. Let their mutual hatred figure things out. Their Gods can desert them their and their hatred for the other can foment inside them until they all kill each other.

That way, everyone who has some level of trust, those people who are willing to show kindness to complete strangers, WE can all have a good time and get along and practice our religions in peace.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Don't worry then rambot.. You don't disturb your muslim friends.. You leave them in their darkness.. You leave them to die in their evil.. Don't cause them any discomfort in this world.. You can wave to them from across the abyss as you view them in servere eternal torment in the eternal lake of fire and cosole yourself that you never caused them any upset in their lives.......

I am glad i did not have you as my "christian friend??" when i was an unbeliever.. I thank God i had a friend who actually wanted me to be saved and was willing to cause me discomfort in the process of helping me come to the LORD Jesus Christ..
I will show them my Christian love. When they ask, I will answer. I will speak with them.
Some will perish Adstar. In the meantime, I will show them love.

And I will pray that you will gain a fuller understanding of the concept of loving your enemies so that love, charity and compassion will swell inside you and overtake your ignorance and prejudgements. The world is a happier place when you do.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Brinny,
Can you tell me why we shouldn't be showing her I Corinthian style love?

This reminds me of the story of the woman and the snake.

Are you familiar with that story?

Would you like me to share with you why what you posted brought that story to mind for me, and what word comes to mind in addition to that story?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
People have a basic mind block when it comes to islam.. They believe that moderate muslims who are peaceful are the real muslims and that the ISIS types are not devout quran following muslims.. But the truth of the Matter is totally opposite.. ISIS is true Quran following islam and the peaceful muslims are identified as hypocrites in the Quran..

The way to Love a muslim who is a moderate peace loving muslim is to reveal to them the actual true message of the quran so that they can see the evil and lies in it.. This they can reject the quran and muhammad ( a curse is upon him) and then seek God anew and hopefully find the love of the truth which is the message of the Gospel of our LORD Jesus Christ..

Love is to give warning.. Love is to smash the mind chains of islam that hold the minds of muslims in bondage.. The truth no matter how confronting or upsetting has power to free the captives..

Amen.

Love means to set prisoners free.

Break those chains.

Shine the LIGHT of God's TRUTH smack into the midst of darkness.

Reactions: Adstar
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This reminds me of the story of the woman and the snake.

Are you familiar with that story?

Would you like me to share with you why what you posted brought that story to mind for me, and what word comes to mind in addition to that story?
Absolutely! After you answer my question, I'd love to hear it!

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Love means to set prisoners free.

That's what love means?
Weird.
I can't find that here:
4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it his not arrogant does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;2 does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Absolutely! After you answer my question, I'd love to hear it!

Deception.

Public Relations.

Counting on people either naive enough to buy it or counting on people overlooking the stone-cold agenda and swooning over "making nice" now, so pay no attention to what is going on behind the green curtain:

giphy.gif

This comes to mind for some reason:

The Snake.

On her way to work one morning
Down the path along side the lake
A tender hearted woman saw a poor half frozen snake
His pretty colored skin had been all frosted with the dew
"Oh well," she cried, "I'll take you in and I'll take care of you"
"Take me in oh tender woman (come on in)
Take me in, for heaven's sake (come on in)
Take me in, for heaven's sake
Take me in tender woman," sighed the snake

She wrapped him up all cozy in a curvature of silk
And then laid him by the fireside with some honey and some milk
Now she hurried home from work that night as soon as she arrived
She found that pretty snake she'd taking in had been revived
"Take me in, oh tender woman (come on in)

Now she clutched him to her bosom, "You're so beautiful," she cried
"But if I hadn't brought you in by now you might have died"
Now she stroked his pretty skin again and then kissed and held him tight
But instead of saying thanks, that snake gave her a vicious bite (oh...)

"I saved you," cried that woman
"And you've bit me even, why?
And you know your bite is poisonous and now I'm gonna die"
"Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin
"You knew damn well I was a snake before you brought me in
"Please take me in, oh tender woman (come on in)
Sighed the snake
"Take me in, tender woman"
Sighed the snake, sighed the snake
Sighed the snake

~Al Wilson

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I will show them my Christian love. When they ask, I will answer. I will speak with them.
Some will perish Adstar. In the meantime, I will show them love.

And I will pray that you will gain a fuller understanding of the concept of loving your enemies so that love, charity and compassion will swell inside you and overtake your ignorance and prejudgements. The world is a happier place when you do.
What exactly is your conception of Christian love? From the outside, it looks like it could be better expressed through a Barney the Purple Dinosaur song. Let's all just be nice to everyone!

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That's what love means?
Weird.
I can't find that here:

That's what Jesus Christ Himself did.

Broke chains.

Set prisoners free.

It is written that HE is the TRUTH (He said that He is the Way the Truth and the Life)

And the TRUTH will set you free.

And ye shall be free indeed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Deception.

Public Relations.

Counting on people either naive enough to buy it or counting on people overlooking the stone-cold agenda and swooning over "making nice" now, so pay no attention to what is going on behind the green curtain:

giphy.gif

This comes to mind for some reason:

The Snake.

On her way to work one morning
Down the path along side the lake
A tender hearted woman saw a poor half frozen snake
His pretty colored skin had been all frosted with the dew
"Oh well," she cried, "I'll take you in and I'll take care of you"
"Take me in oh tender woman (come on in)
Take me in, for heaven's sake

She wrapped him up all cozy in a curvature of silk
And then laid him by the fireside with some honey and some milk
Now she hurried home from work that night as soon as she arrived
She found that pretty snake she'd taking in had been revived

Now she clutched him to her bosom, "You're so beautiful," she cried
"But if I hadn't brought you in by now you might have died"
Now she stroked his pretty skin again and then kissed and held him tight
But instead of saying thanks, that snake gave her a vicious bite (oh...)

"I saved you," cried that woman
"And you've bit me even, why?
And you know your bite is poisonous and now I'm gonna die"
"Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin
"You knew damn well I was a snake before you brought me in
"Please take me in, oh tender woman (come on in)
Sighed the snake
Sighed the snake, sighed the snake
Sighed the snake
~Al Wilson

In the case of the desecrated Jewish Cemetery, who is the snake?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That's what Jesus Christ Himself did.

Broke chains.

Set prisoners free.

It is written that HE is the TRUTH (He said that He is the Way the Truth and the Life)

And the TRUTH will set you free.

And ye shall be free indeed.
Yes. That's what JESUS did. HE can do that. WE can love.

Deception.
So you don't trust Muslims....
Verse 7; "always trusts"

Even enemies.

What exactly is your conception of Christian love? From the outside, it looks like it could be better expressed through a Barney the Purple Dinosaur song. Let's all just be nice to everyone!
What are you serious? I've posted it half a dozen times OR MORE. it seems like it's almost every post. Do I really, honestly have to explain that or were you just trying to make fun of me? Make fun of me for quoting the Bible and trying to explain how I live it.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes. That's what JESUS did. HE can do that. WE can love.

Verse 7; "always trusts"

Even enemies.

What are you serious? I've posted it half a dozen times OR MORE. it seems like it's almost every post. Do I really, honestly have to explain that or were you just trying to make fun of me? Make fun of me for quoting the Bible and trying to explain how I live it.

Being naive' is not Godly nor wise.

Being oblivious to evil and/or the plans of such evil, hidden behind a distraction, is essentially aiding and abetting it and contributing to the harm that will come to those who are bound and determined to do evil against innocents.

Those who support such evil and do not stand for justice and righteousness have the blood of those innocents on their hands.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~Edmund Burke

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Verse 7; "always trusts"

Even enemies.
How are they enemies in your mind if you automatically love and trust them?

You've mostly referenced 1 Corinthians and told others what isn't Christian love. You have not actually been all that specific on your own views. But allow me to narrow the question a bit. What sort of behavior do you think showing Christian love would entail, especially with regards to those who are "enemies"? How far does love go?

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
How are they enemies in your mind if you automatically love and trust them?
Though God calls on us to love our enemies, essentially, the call is that we love everyone EVEN our enemies.
So labels, really, are meaningless.
So there's that answer.
Or there is the answer that we are enemies of the faith.
Or there is the answer that perhaps that person considers me an enemy, I still must love them.
Choose whichever one you find most egregious and we can talk at greater length I guess.

You've mostly referenced 1 Corinthians and told others what isn't Christian love. You have not actually been all that specific on your own views. But allow me to narrow the question a bit. What sort of behavior do you think showing Christian love would entail, especially with regards to those who are "enemies"? How far does love go?
To be honest, I would strive for all of the behaviours outlined in 1 Corinthians. Are you looking for specific answers?
One thing is to seek to understand people; individual people, mind you. It would be to find someone who hates me, understand why, and see if there are ways to create bridges of love between us.
If you take that 1 Corinthian verse and, in place of "love" and "it", put "I" (and then, of course, change verbs in the appropriate way). That is what I strive for.
I see Christians welcoming Muslim refugees into their homes; I believe that is a very good example (and something my wife and I considered deeply, until our family circumstances changed and it didn't seem as possible).

As I said though, I would rather die with love in my heart than live with hate and fear in it.
It would be radical, honestly. I consider the love that God calls us to hold is radical, uncomfortable, scarey and HARD. But it SHOULD be okay because of our trust in God and his promices.

And, I think that is evidenced by the response of many people in this thread. It is extraordinarily hard to try to love someone who hates you (have had many, many kids at my work hate me but I try my best to love the heck out of them anyways), but we are called to do so.

Verse 13:
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love". Love is greater than faith. How often do you hear Christians say that? Never. No one EVER quotes that verse because having faith may be one of the easiest parts to being a christian, I think. Loving everyone; now THAT is hard.

Paul is saying the LOVE is greater than FAITH.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Through mass immigration of muslims and accelerated by their higher fertility rates.. Islamic culture for all it's evils is not a barren culture muslim woman are fertile not like the feminist western culture which cannot even replace it's own numbers... One thing you can be assured of is a culture must be able to do the most basic thing (reproduce it's population) to survive.. The western culture cannot even do that basic thing..
smacking-forehead.jpg

Western women are equally fertile. It's not that they "cannot" replace their numbers. Westerners simply do not value love and family above financial comforts and individualism and so they choose NOT to have children.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Being naive' is not Godly nor wise.
Bearing false witness is a pretty basic commandment their brinny. I am not naive.

Being oblivious to evil and/or the plans of such evil, hidden behind a distraction, is essentially aiding and abetting it
1) Prove I am oblivious to evil or whatever
2) Support your claim through some exegenesis here, please.

Because in terms of "aiding and abetting evil" the only verse I can think of (though I'm no scholar) is Matthew 18:6:
""If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

Those who support such evil and do not stand for justice and righteousness have the blood of those innocents on their hands.
Yeah sure. Because I am responsible for their actions and not my own. I'm pretty sure I've heard you argue that before brinny, but I can't remember where.
Let me know when you fulfill God's commandment to show love to your enemies.

Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Linda Sarsour claims to be raising money for the cemetery. She supported Ahmed Ferhani, whom the NYPD found had planned to attack a synagogue. At his trial, he said "I intended to create chaos and send a message of intimidation and coercion to the Jewish population of New York City."

Upvote 0