Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I have gone through this so many times. I'm sorry that you are dealing with this. The worst part about being single is walking through things alone.

It's also hard to be alone when your kids are going through a medical or psychological situation. And it's hard when they have serious life struggles, and you are the only adult in their life.

These situations make me feel isolated, on my own, and I get this panic that comes over me.

Upvote 0

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This may or may not be helpful..but I've found that distracting myself with things like spending time with God, cooking, treating myself to a restaurant, shoppng, watching movies helps me personally. I also feel better and I try to make the most of things during that waiting period and remind myself that God is faithful no matter the outcome. That He is sovereign and He's got me no matter what.

Reactions: NurseAbigail
Upvote 0

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Speaking of walking through things alone, I'm reminded of the Casting Crowns song that is often played of late on Christian radio ("Oh My Soul"). The lyrics are apropos and uplifting. Sending prayers!

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
waiting for test results...especially when the wait will be longer than a week

....that is too much time to live in your own head

On a cold,and/or rainy night,when I need,and/or want someone to cuddle with.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Oh that is good. It is great to have a doctor who cares for you. I am glad that it is something you can handle.
For myself, I have a few tests and a minor surgery to go through soon. I am ever thankful for my parents to help me through it as, being single, I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have them (especially as I need someone to take care of me after the surgery).
Yes, there are many times it is hard being alone. The times when I have to make a big decision and I am not sure what to do or whose advice to take... that is when I feel it the most.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
To have surgery, I have to find someone to sit up at the hospital for the whole time. I wonder if I can just designate a fellow nurse on my unit who is working that day.... <sigh> The doctor already said I will have to spend the night so this person isn't even there to get me home safely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
To have surgery, I have to find someone to sit up at the hospital for the whole time. I wonder if I can just designate a fellow nurse on my unit who is working that day.... <sigh> The doctor already said I will have to spend the night so this person isn't even there to get me home safely.

That is hard. I do hope and pray that you will find someone. It is even harder that you have to stay a night. I hope it all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
anytime my MS acts up. I'm confined to my bed with no one living with me. I can be there for hours and even have to crawl to the bathroom.... I'm certain my medical issues keep me single too and that just makes it worse

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
anytime my MS acts up. I'm confined to my bed with no one living with me. I can be there for hours and even have to crawl to the bathroom.... I'm certain my medical issues keep me single too and that just makes it worse

Maybe consider getting a bedside commode for these flares. Not the same as having someone but the practical side is to find a way to make it on our own.

On the plus side, my kids are stepping up and going to be there physically. However, I can't share my worries and concerns with them, especially those related to cancer. They can't worry about losing both parents to cancer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thx. I am hopeful that this might be the end of most my pains and I will feel like living again.
I had no idea that you were in such dire straits. I'm sorry for your struggles and will pray for you.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
Maybe consider getting a bedside commode for these flares. Not the same as having someone but the practical side is to find a way to make it on our own.

On the plus side, my kids are stepping up and going to be there physically. However, I can't share my worries and concerns with them, especially those related to cancer. They can't worry about losing both parents to cancer.

fortunately, the bathroom is in my bedroom and is maybe 6 feet from the edge of the bed. It's very rare it gets this bad but it does. Most of the time is balancing issues or having the strength to walk without leaning on things. Weakness and tiredness are my big ones.

• Prayers
Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
fortunately, the bathroom is in my bedroom and is maybe 6 feet from the edge of the bed. It's very rare it gets this bad but it does. Most of the time is balancing issues or having the strength to walk without leaning on things. Weakness and tiredness are my big ones.

Get a walker for those days. And I know that MS sucks. I'm sorry. Take care of yourself, resting when you need to.

Upvote 0