Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The answer is when you have the right math. Now evolutionists tell us that evolution is a process that can be used to find the right math. Perhaps they would like to explain to us just how this all works. This has to do with algorithms and proteins. Just how does evolution build a protein that can get the job done?

Jul 31, 2004
Everett, wa
✟15,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Another solution- An ounce of gold is worth more than a ton of trash in your back yard that is not only worthless, but has negative value because you would have to pay someone a significant amount to take it away.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another solution- An ounce of gold is worth more than a ton of trash in your back yard that is not only worthless, but has negative value because you would have to pay someone a significant amount to take it away.
Actually this is a good answer. I have a photo though that should be a pretty good clue as to what I am talking about. They are working on an algorithm to create a material where one ounce can support one ton of weight. They feel that this could be used to build airplanes much lighter and reduce the cost of the fuel. This comes from a program on Nova called: "The origami revolution".
16804313_1274170195995062_585434268265709953_o.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When an ounce is placed on a ton..it makes the ton greater,but without that ounce,the ton remains the same....think about it.
Reminds me of the straw that broke the camels back.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Math? I thought it was biology...
Yes Biology: making a protein that can be used as a drug to cure nearly any viral infection. This was an hour long program on Nova that could be used to talk about a dozen different subjects. Many of them related to evolution and natural selection. The main point was how a two dimensional universe can be transformed into three dimensions. Quantum physics believe we live in a 10 or 12 dimensional universe that all convergences on a single point. There are many proteins. Only a very few of those proteins can be used for curing a virus. 0.004% What is above the line in the photo. Out of all possible proteins they have to find the very few proteins that would make a bond with the virus. To take advantage of the vulnerability of it's Achilles heel. Reminds me of the cream of the crop.

16711886_1274534725958609_7058746237632997912_n.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The practice and study of origami encapsulates several subjects of mathematical interest. This thread is a discussion on how we can apply Origami to the study of evolution in science. Because of new research in Origami looks to me like these new discoveries will impact evolutionary theory.

Program Description

The centuries-old tradition of folding two-dimensional paper into three-dimensional shapes is inspiring a scientific revolution. The rules of folding are at the heart of many natural phenomena, from how leaves blossom to how beetles fly. But now, engineers and designers are applying its principles to reshape the world around us—and even within us, designing new drugs, micro-robots, and future space missions. With this burgeoning field of origami-inspired-design, the question is: can the mathematics of origami be boiled down to one elegant algorithm—a fail-proof guidebook to make any object out of a flat surface, just by folding? And if so, what would that mean for the future of design? Explore the high-tech future of this age-old art as NOVA unfolds “The Origami Revolution.”

The Origami Revolution — NOVA | PBS

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does this have to do evolution?
I already explained that in every post I wrote. This has to do with the evolution of protein. There are many, many different proteins but very few of them can work in any individual situation. So really we get back to the William Paley argument. Darwin tried to argue against Paley with his theory of natural selection. Also we have the math of Fred Hoyle who was not a Creationist, he simply was not persuaded by natural selection because of the mathematical impossibility. We are building upon Paley & Hoyle's argument with the addition of algorithms programs written for the computer. Creationism says we have a Designer and His Design is built into the laws of the universe and even Natural Selection is one of the laws that guides Creation.

We now have a brand new computer program that they have been working on for 10 years that shows algorithms for going from a two dimensional to 3 dimensions. With proteins this is knows as folding. Protein folding is the process by which a protein structure assumes its functional shape or conformation. All protein molecules are heterogeneous unbranched chains of amino acids. By coiling and folding into a specific three-dimensional shape they are able to perform their biological function.

It would really help if people could find a way to watch the nova origami revolution program so they can see how we have new information now that has NOT been incorporated into evolutionary theory. That means if you do not want to incorporate it then I can effectively use it as evidence AGAINST evolution theory. Because the new information that is now available contradicts your theory.

The Big Bang is a theory that the universe is expanding. Now they are suggesting that the expanding universe is actually unfolding and that explains how a lot of the universal laws work. As I said protein evolves though a folding process.

a1gma4wf0kdx.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,750.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I already explained that in every post I wrote. This has to do with the evolution of protein. There are many, many different proteins but very few of them can work in any individual situation. So really we get back to the William Paley argument. Darwin tried to argue against Paley with his theory of natural selection. Also we have the math of Fred Hoyle who was not a Creationist, he simply was not persuaded by natural selection because of the mathematical impossibility. We are building upon Paley & Hoyle's argument with the addition of algorithms programs written for the computer. Creationism says we have a Designer and His Design is built into the laws of the universe and even Natural Selection is one of the laws that guides Creation.

We now have a brand new computer program that they have been working on for 10 years that shows algorithms for going from a two dimensional to 3 dimensions. With proteins this is knows as folding. Protein folding is the process by which a protein structure assumes its functional shape or conformation. All protein molecules are heterogeneous unbranched chains of amino acids. By coiling and folding into a specific three-dimensional shape they are able to perform their biological function.

It would really help if people could find a way to watch the nova origami revolution program so they can see how we have new information now that has NOT been incorporated into evolutionary theory. That means if you do not want to incorporate it then I can effectively use it as evidence AGAINST evolution theory. Because the new information that is now available contradicts your theory.

The Big Bang is a theory that the universe is expanding. Now they are suggesting that the expanding universe is actually unfolding and that explains how a lot of the universal laws work. As I said protein evolves though a folding process.

a1gma4wf0kdx.jpg

No, I do not understand what you have written. How does the question of "when is an ounce greater than a ton?" fit in to the theory of evolution?
We're not talking about origami, or math, or the creation of computers, or the Big Bang Theory. We are talking about evolution. How does your question about when an ounce is greater than a ton fit in to the theory of evolution?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,756.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
No, I do not understand what you have written. How does the question of "when is an ounce greater than a ton?" fit in to the theory of evolution?
We're not talking about origami, or math, or the creation of computers, or the Big Bang Theory. We are talking about evolution. How does your question about when an ounce is greater than a ton fit in to the theory of evolution?
There appears to be no coherent thought in any of Joshua's assertions. It's rather like reading a string of consciousness writing, in which the conscious is entirely absent.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There appears to be no coherent thought in any of Joshua's assertions. It's rather like reading a string of consciousness writing, in which the conscious is entirely absent.
If you are not willing to go look at the Nova program then it may not make any sense to you.

Upvote 0