Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Just how boundless is God’s ability to address illness? In ancient times when Jesus and the Apostles walked, Leprosy posed a public threat, meaning, a contagious disease. God’s people did not think it an unclean practice to shrink from compassion, but fixed themselves to not only attend to the sick, but express one another’s sensitivities upon greeting and departures,

Greet one another with a kiss of love, , a holy kiss, a holy kiss, a holy kiss, a holy kiss

And they all wept sore, and fell on Paul's neck, and kissed him,

(1 Peter 5:14, Romans 16:16, 1 Corinthians 16:20, 2 Corinthians 13:12, 1 Thessalonians 5:26, Acts 20:37)​

How then do we pray in times like these, ‘Heavenly Father, forgive my lack for not believing you’re able to keep me healthy if I don’t practice social distancing, ,’

Thoughts?

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟725,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Just how boundless is God’s ability to address illness? In ancient times when Jesus and the Apostles walked, Leprosy posed a public threat, meaning, a contagious disease. God’s people did not think it an unclean practice to shrink from compassion, but fixed themselves to not only attend to the sick, but express one another’s sensitivities upon greeting and departures,

Greet one another with a kiss of love, , a holy kiss, a holy kiss, a holy kiss, a holy kiss

(1 Peter 5:14, Romans 16:16, 1 Corinthians 16:20, 2 Corinthians 13:12, 1 Thessalonians 5:26, Acts 20:37)​

How then do we pray in times like these, ‘Heavenly Father, forgive my lack for not believing you’re able to keep me healthy if I don’t practice social distancing, ,’

Thoughts?
I understand your point. It's not entirely practicable. In Australia, there are pretty savage fines for breaking the social distance and gathering rules. Not every Christian has a revelation of God's healing power. Christians should not be panicking, that's for sure.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟976,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟98,756.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Thoughts?

The Lord always watches out for us. But this doesn't mean we can take His grace for granted. If we know something will hurt us and we do it just because we think God will protect us, we treat the Lord no better than a bodyguard/servant.

Matthew 4:7
Jesus responded, “The Scriptures also say, ‘You must not test the Lord your God.’”

My opinion is that we pray that God's mighty hands will keep us and our love ones safe. And for Him in His will guide the world through this difficult period.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟725,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Which Pete, the restrictions or faith to persevere?

Understood. Still, should those whom are pillars set an example?
The restrictions are legal so people need to be careful. Also, some who have are a great example. What if one who has not received the revelation of healing is presumptuous and ends up infected? Too many Christians stand on the word right to their last breath. It may not have needed to be their last if they'd accepted medical advice.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟196,035.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Thoughts?
This would fall under the umbrella of obeying the law of the land, as long as it doesn't cause us to disobey God's law.
These social distancing laws, aren't aimed at anyone in particular. I'm just wondering how far the authorities will go, with new restrictions being introduced everyday.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The modern-day equivalent of intentionally handing snakes would be to lick toilet seats. Chances are we'll never see a church practicing that in its order of service. But the concept is the same: tempting God.

We do have the power to resist disease available to us. Whether we walk in that power is our choice. Some are given, as the Holy Spirit wills, a special anointing for healing, and are called to go into the midst of disease to make God's power known. Not everyone is there though, and it would be folly to venture forth into it in presumption.

What each can do is seek the Lord and obey the light given, and in His strength take up whatever challenges he has before him (beginning, I would say, with personally walking in Ps. 91). As we grow in faith, who knows where that can lead in terms of healing power.

God is the same, and our covenant has not changed. It remains for us, then, to come up to the standard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟976,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Including illness!
Where are you the reader on this, if "nothing" can separate us from Christ's love, should the Church embrace a full refusal of those Holy Spirit detailed traditions of affection He spoke in God's word?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Same as always. Pray to stay healthy and if that fails rest, take lots of fluids and go to doctor if it feels serious.

If faith kept you from getting sick and dying more than medical science you would think that people in Medieval times would have had it better.

You are entirely free to pray your inflamed appendix fixes itself but most sane people opt for surgical operation.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟976,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Same as always. Pray to stay healthy and if that fails rest, take lots of fluids and go to doctor if it feels serious.

If faith kept you from getting sick and dying more than medical science you would think that people in Medieval times would have had it better.

You are entirely free to pray your inflamed appendix fixes itself but most sane people opt for surgical operation.
Tarry a few decades both in and out of the Pentecostal sphere and one unmistakable subtitle will always be there to remind you; many Christians who are not solidly grounded are very proud of that subtitle attached to their Christianity:

‘I think I am happiest when my expectation from God is at its lowest!’

As for the natural, yes, I would avail it all if need be but as it is to this day, hardly a concern for me. BUT, even if it were a life-sustainer as well as a thread-sustainer; one’s heart need not for a minute begin to trust more in anything than what we should of God. He did address that heart of expectancy you recall a number of times!!

Don’t let my attempt to sample such expectancy cause you to jump to conclusions over mine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.