UK
✟119,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Old acappella hymn I've been listening to and singing (I can't sing). At first it doesn't seem very melodic but it grows on you.

The singers, the Esh family were all Mennonites who were killed in a car crash.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the memories.... :)

That was a song my grandparents' church liked to sing maybe 3, maybe more, times a month. I'd visit every summer for a couple of months. They had Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday services, and the Wednesday services were mostly singing. They had no instruments, and everyone (hundreds) would sing. Sung it so many times...

Here's another --

Reactions: Dansiph
Upvote 0

Dansiph

Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟119,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the memories.... :)

That was a song my grandparents' church liked to sing maybe 3, maybe more, times a month. I'd visit every summer for a couple of months. They had Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday services, and the Wednesday services were mostly singing. They had no instruments, and everyone (hundreds) would sing. Sung it so many times...

Here's another --

They must have enjoyed it! I listen to it a lot so I can see why. I don't mind either hymns with instruments or hymns without. The traditional style of singing in many of the acappella hymns is nice though. They tend to be the older hymns more than not and they're plain, another bonus in my opinion.

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They must have enjoyed it! I listen to it a lot so I can see why. I don't mind either hymns with instruments or hymns without. The traditional style of singing in many of the acappella hymns is nice though. They tend to be the older hymns more than not and they're plain, another bonus in my opinion.
Yes. There's something so beautiful in that singing. You can hear so much as you listen, harmonies in the congregation.

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A great hymn of the faith. Oh that all churches still sang them instead of the abundance of vacuous modern contemporary songs that are full of self, me, I and devoid of faith, honor, obedience and the like. Not all but a great deal of it.

Upvote 0