Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My wife and I enjoy going out for dinner once in a while. I'd say we eat out maybe a few times a month, not very much. Anyway, there are particular establishments we like to go to, well...at least we USE to. One of them was Bob Evans. We use to love going there. They would greet you with a smile, ask where you'd like to sit and bring you a large basket of either dinner rolls, banana bread or biscuits, along with a selection of jellies to spread on your choice of bread. The staff was always kind and courteous and the food was pretty good. Nothing out of this world, but we went there because we were treated like family.

Not any longer. The ownership has changed hands over the past few years I've discovered and Bob Evans has completely lost focus on the customer. We've tried a half-dozen different locations over the past two years and the results were the same. Staff who doesn't care, food has seemed to take a nosedive, very slow service and no more bread baskets! :sigh:

What a shame. Robert Lewis "Bob" Evans who passed away in 2007 I'm sure would be just as disappointed seeing his creation become corrupt over money instead of loving the customers.

If anyone is listening out there please do not support businesses like this. There are still better choices out there. Yes, they are becoming less and less but greed hasn't taken over every restaurant yet. We need to stick together and only support those types of places. I would drive out of my way to eat at a place where they still treat the customer as family.

CoolDude68

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟127,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're fortunate. We've been to at least a half-dozen different locations over the last few years and had bad experiences. BTW, did they serve you the bread basket with jellies?? Not that it helps contribute to my goal of losing weight, but it was those little things that made you feel like family. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
You're fortunate. We've been to at least a half-dozen different locations over the last few years and had bad experiences. BTW, did they serve you the bread basket with jellies?? Not that it helps contribute to my goal of losing weight, but it was those little things that made you feel like family. :oldthumbsup:
Yup...my wife loves the bread/jelly.

I think a lot of it has to do with the new corporation HQs spending more time monitoring the individual locations. If they don't focus on customer satisfaction throughout all 500 of their restaurants, you're left with individual restaurant managers who may or may not have the "family" experience as their best interest.

• Agree
Reactions: CoolDude68
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I went to a sushi place yesterday and was surprised to get chopsticks with 'Jesus loves you' on the wrapping. They have my business now even it it wasn't the best house dressing I've ever tasted.

Upvote 0