Helena
✟206,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
To be honest though, everyone knows money does not buy happiness, material wealth does not provide happiness either. You can't take it with you after you pass away either, and if you had wealth, you'd be less likely to need God in your life. Meaning you'd be less likely to be saved.
Matthew 19:24 says that wealth makes it harder to appreciate God, and in fact if you do have a lot of financial success if the Lord has blessed you with that you're to be charitable. Not accumulating things for yourself. To it makes no sense to desire wealth on earth at all, Matthew 6:19-21
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
If wealth is your desire New Jerusalem is promised as mansions, streets of Gold, Jesus presenting the faithful with crowns, there's no shortage of wealth if that's what you desire.
There'll be so much symbols of material wealth that you probably won't even have desire for them, after you realize it's all just pretty rocks.
Wealth and material things cannot love you though. People who win the lottery are often miserable.

So why desire it?

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
For example, if you haven't economic problems, you are far from steal, but if you live hungrily, the temptation to rob a bread is higher, and nobody will save you from jail, not even God.
Here's another real life example of a man who lost everything because of his religious beliefs. He had what seemed like a life long job with the government, instead he became homeless and hungry. He found out later the building he had worked in was bombed just a couple of weeks after leaving and his former co-workers were all dead.

Basically none of us know future events and what presently looks like a jail can also be a place that is much better than having prosperity with a happy life. Mark 8:36

• Prayers
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟885,445.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
That's not what a Christian strive for. We should pray for our daily bread. If God blesses us with good finances, we are to use it primarily for his kingdom.

What do you feel you are missing?
The final solution in all the topics of my life.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Do you have a sin?

Do you want to prioritize peace in your heart, or be deceived by riches? Unfortunately if my words don't play into your interest, you might pass them by.
We all sin, Jesus carried all sins...

Upvote 0

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure but there are some things that if you give up in this world, you give up forever.
If you'd like to be married or have children, and your circumstances in this world, don't work toward that, and you give up on that to live for Jesus, then you will NEVER get married and you will NEVER have children.
That is not a temporary sacrifice of your desires it is a permanent one.
That's the difficult one, to not have a fear of missing out on THOSE things which are joyful things, but ONLY possible in this life.
You might say it's no big deal, but imagine if you were to forever never meet your son or daughter because they would never exist.
and I don't know what'd be less painful and disappointing for a person who was single for life, that God never intended you to have anyone, or that God had someone in mind and you just blew it with a choice you made.
One begs the question "why did you want me to be lonely Jesus?" and the other just makes you regret every decision you ever made that might have prevented a blessing from God like that.
Money, material possessions, none of that matters, but people and relationships do matter.
To be denied those people and relationships, definitely does not strengthen the most important relationship, if anything it can strain it.
like I said, as a result, I have less things to be thankful for, and less fulfillment, and it is a permanent, enduring thing.
If you want to marry, get married. Jesus don't deny you that. 1 Corinthians 7:9 “But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn. If you desire to marry, pray for a husband or a wife, depending on your gender.

• Agree
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

SaintCody777

The young, curious Berean
Jan 11, 2018
Miami, Florida
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
What do?
Keep going until death? If we sons of God have to suffer, we are just half-dead walking through the narrow path. Why other believers have fancy lives, and they are such sinners like us?

I understand God is sovereign, but if we lift our voice, something can change!
But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world. After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
— 1 Peter 5:9-10
Maybe sometimes God wants you to endure suffering for His own glory. You can always pray for healing and full recovery, but for that reason, it doesn't mean God will always do it. Maybe He has something better for Him, and for Us as brothers and sisters in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
If you want to marry, get married. Jesus don't deny you that. 1 Corinthians 7:9 “But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn. If you desire to marry, pray for a husband or a wife, depending on your gender.
What if the prayer is not answered, gotta keep bachelor all life on earth.

Upvote 0

bottoWordx

Aug 27, 2020
northeast
✟19,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does your carnal marriage bring you closer to God? Why does He want to give you it?
What are you trying to get out of your faith?

Upvote 0

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you a male? I will pray for you. God is good. There is someone in this world for everyone. God will bless you.

Upvote 0

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure but there are some things that if you give up in this world, you give up forever.
If you'd like to be married or have children, and your circumstances in this world, don't work toward that, and you give up on that to live for Jesus, then you will NEVER get married and you will NEVER have children.
That is not a temporary sacrifice of your desires it is a permanent one.
That's the difficult one, to not have a fear of missing out on THOSE things which are joyful things, but ONLY possible in this life.
You might say it's no big deal, but imagine if you were to forever never meet your son or daughter because they would never exist.
and I don't know what'd be less painful and disappointing for a person who was single for life, that God never intended you to have anyone, or that God had someone in mind and you just blew it with a choice you made.
One begs the question "why did you want me to be lonely Jesus?" and the other just makes you regret every decision you ever made that might have prevented a blessing from God like that.
Money, material possessions, none of that matters, but people and relationships do matter.
To be denied those people and relationships, definitely does not strengthen the most important relationship, if anything it can strain it.
like I said, as a result, I have less things to be thankful for, and less fulfillment, and it is a permanent, enduring thing.
You don't have to give up getting married to be in Christ. Get married. Ask God to send you a mate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

I'm disabled, I cannot work, or support a family, and most the time, I can't even leave the house. I highly doubt I'm going to get married, not in the condition I'm in.

Upvote 0

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm disabled, I cannot work, or support a family, and most the time, I can't even leave the house. I highly doubt I'm going to get married, not in the condition I'm in.
What condition is that? Are you in a wheelchair. I have seen two people husband and wife in wheelchairs. It can happen.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What condition is that? Are you in a wheelchair. I have seen two people husband and wife in wheelchairs. It can happen.
Multiple Sclerosis
not in a wheelchair, but my walking ability is hit and miss. I can walk far enough to get around the house but more than about 50 feet? probably not a good idea, standing for longer than a few minutes.. not a good idea. Also psoriatic arthritis (similar to rheumatoid arthritis but also causes really gross looking rashes).
Most of those people got married before they were disabled.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Multiple Sclerosis
not in a wheelchair, but my walking ability is hit and miss. I can walk far enough to get around the house but more than about 50 feet? probably not a good idea, standing for longer than a few minutes.. not a good idea. Also psoriatic arthritis (similar to rheumatoid arthritis but also causes really gross looking rashes).
Most of those people got married before they were disabled.
Hope is the last thing that can be lost; I see hope in you finding a wife. I don't have a wife neither. Is it necessary?

Upvote 0