Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry you're in pain. Ive suffered much pain both physically and mentally. I was led to a place of repentance, so I could fully surrender my life to Jesus Christ and truly live as a Christian.

There's a certain injury I have sustained and it's been with me ever since. I asked God to heal me many times, but He sees it as a means for me to keep going to Him - which is very true, even in anger I run to Him for help. Paul had a thorn in his side too that God saw fit for him to keep because God Himself is sufficient.

No matter what kind of pain you are in, you can always go to God. He may not heal you or even completely which is my case, but don't lose Hope or faith in Him. He always has a reason that is for us, not against us. :yellowheart:

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What do?
Keep going until death? If we sons of God have to suffer, we are just half-dead walking through the narrow path. Why other believers have fancy lives, and they are such sinners like us?

I understand God is sovereign, but if we lift our voice, something can change!

It's not so much about this life .... it's about the next one ;o)

Colossians 3:2
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
It's not so much about this life .... it's about the next one ;o)

Colossians 3:2
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
For example, if you haven't economic problems, you are far from steal, but if you live hungrily, the temptation to rob a bread is higher, and nobody will save you from jail, not even God.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry you're in pain. Ive suffered much pain both physically and mentally. I was led to a place of repentance, so I could fully surrender my life to Jesus Christ and truly live as a Christian.

There's a certain injury I have sustained and it's been with me ever since. I asked God to heal me many times, but He sees it as a means for me to keep going to Him - which is very true, even in anger I run to Him for help. Paul had a thorn in his side too that God saw fit for him to keep because God Himself is sufficient.

No matter what kind of pain you are in, you can always go to God. He may not heal you or even completely which is my case, but don't lose Hope or faith in Him. He always has a reason that is for us, not against us. :yellowheart:
yours is a happy story

Upvote 0

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do?
Keep going until death? If we sons of God have to suffer, we are just half-dead walking through the narrow path. Why other believers have fancy lives, and they are such sinners like us?

Matthew 3:11 - I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and [with] fire: Jesus baptizes with fire. The fire is suffering. We are to be conform from the world. If we never suffer we would just love the world. We are being changed. What did God tell Paul when he ask to be relieved of a tormenting spirit? 2 Corinthians 8 - 9. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

• Winner
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 3:11 - I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and [with] fire: Jesus baptizes with fire. The fire is suffering. We are to be conform from the world. If we never suffer we would just love the world. We are being changed. What did God tell Paul when he ask to be relieved of a tormenting spirit? 2 Corinthians 8 - 9. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
how to know if God is behind

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's an extremely good question and I wonder the same thing. Some people claim that suffering makes us better people but from my own experience, it has made me pessimistic and bitter, and given me massive FOMO because of things that can only be done in this earthly life that I'm unable to do in my current body.
The way I feel about it, is that I'd love God more if He did heal me and bless me with those things, that alleviated my FOMO because I wouldn't miss out on these things, and I'd have more to be thankful to Him for, for things that happen to myself rather than only being able to thank Him for the same things over and over because nothing else positive ever happens for me and I end up having to thank Him for things that happen to other people instead even as I suffer and hence comes bitterness because I never have anything to new to thank Him for that happens to me.
It'd make more sense that I glorify God more, and love Him more, if I'm more satisfied in the work He does in me, and more thankful to Him.
But in suffering, it's hard to find positive.
First of all it is a spirit that causes this. We don't have people around that cast them out these days. So you may need a mild anxiety medicine, it will help. When you decide to join with Christ, you must give up your life in this world. Live your life as a living sacrifice and live for others. In other words, helping others, sometimes sacrificing your own comfort to help someone else. Jesus is the head and we are the body. The body is doing what the head is doing.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not know this "when God does not take away your pain".

I keep writing so much but keep deleting it. Were on a Christian site and how many threads on FAITH are there? I can give you story after story of healings and so many verses on healing just from the OT. Promises God gave.

What we SAY how we live what we eat what we watch on and on when He says things like this "My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh."

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,"

OT what He said to them 'Saying, “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the Lord your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, your healer.”

Again OT "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,"

I've been believing since I was like 12. Not what some GROUP says. I post what I know. I speak what I know. I make sure there is NOTHING between me and Him. I can't .. ME I can't be watching hearing speaking eating... doing what every I want and then pray. Not how this works..FOR ME. See I know better. Other can be blind and "your faith has made you whole" they can say "I know you want to.. but will you?" And EVERY TIME to them say YES! And others "I believe but help my unbelief" and HE does.

See me... in the mists of pain.. I AM praising Him. Its just in me that wants to.. never oh I have to praise Him in pain.. NEVER! I make sure it comes from my heart and I KNOW this pain ANY PAIN is never from Him. I remind Him of HIS promises. I don't hope maybe He will heal me.. He already did. Those promises were already spoken. Isa 53 and 1st peter 2 24 and all the others. I can say I AM SICK.. then I pray... I have faith knowing I AM HEALED! I do not put some time limit on Him. Nor I am moved by what I see in this world.

See so many would see try to believe when something GOD FOR BID happens to have faith. You need to work your faith. Start in small things. That right there.. read about that have we? No..yet we know we can't even please GOD unless by faith. Not to give any glory to the enemy.. I have had family die of cancer.. my dad my mom. That does not move me. I am NOT lucky.

Yep been to the doctor. Man if I am going to have any doubts.. I am going to the doctor haha. GOD LOVES DOCTORS. Odd in my greatest pains.. never went to the doctor. The small things I do. well my heart..anyway. Its not what I say or believe. YOU must know that you know that you know. You seek you pray you ask HIM to show you. He is real. Love yous died for you and not just for salvation. Ask Him don't believe me

Upvote 0

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
how to know if God is behind
You must keep all doors closed so that the demons do not have a way of entrance to you. In other words stop sinning. When you sin you open a door for them to enter in. Sometimes God allow them to torment us to make us realize that this world is unfair and cruel. It's full of demonic activity. We do not fight against flesh and blood. That is what this world is all about..

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Pain. Mental and physical. I offer them up to God. Daily.

I am willing 100% to suffer for God. If it be of use to God so that others may come to God.

Its not easy. Suffering. I also pray to be healed but, let God's will be done.

Be strong. Persevere in prayer. Jesus is indeed, carrying us, while we carry our crosses in life.

God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I do not know this "when God does not take away your pain".

I keep writing so much but keep deleting it. Were on a Christian site and how many threads on FAITH are there? I can give you story after story of healings and so many verses on healing just from the OT. Promises God gave.

What we SAY how we live what we eat what we watch on and on when He says things like this "My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh."

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,"

OT what He said to them 'Saying, “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the Lord your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, your healer.”

Again OT "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,"

I've been believing since I was like 12. Not what some GROUP says. I post what I know. I speak what I know. I make sure there is NOTHING between me and Him. I can't .. ME I can't be watching hearing speaking eating... doing what every I want and then pray. Not how this works..FOR ME. See I know better. Other can be blind and "your faith has made you whole" they can say "I know you want to.. but will you?" And EVERY TIME to them say YES! And others "I believe but help my unbelief" and HE does.

See me... in the mists of pain.. I AM praising Him. Its just in me that wants to.. never oh I have to praise Him in pain.. NEVER! I make sure it comes from my heart and I KNOW this pain ANY PAIN is never from Him. I remind Him of HIS promises. I don't hope maybe He will heal me.. He already did. Those promises were already spoken. Isa 53 and 1st peter 2 24 and all the others. I can say I AM SICK.. then I pray... I have faith knowing I AM HEALED! I do not put some time limit on Him. Nor I am moved by what I see in this world.

See so many would see try to believe when something GOD FOR BID happens to have faith. You need to work your faith. Start in small things. That right there.. read about that have we? No..yet we know we can't even please GOD unless by faith. Not to give any glory to the enemy.. I have had family die of cancer.. my dad my mom. That does not move me. I am NOT lucky.

Yep been to the doctor. Man if I am going to have any doubts.. I am going to the doctor haha. GOD LOVES DOCTORS. Odd in my greatest pains.. never went to the doctor. The small things I do. well my heart..anyway. Its not what I say or believe. YOU must know that you know that you know. You seek you pray you ask HIM to show you. He is real. Love yous died for you and not just for salvation. Ask Him don't believe me
long post friend, in brief, you are saying "praise him in any circumstance", that's what I do, but maybe god keep us suffering for his glory.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
What do?

For those who are born again, there is a point to suffering. We are also under attack from Satan continually. God does not send suffering. There is God's discipline, but that is not the same. The world hates the active Christian. Not always, but often it is the lax Christian who has an easy life. Lord Jesus told us to pray that we not be led into hard testing. How many Christians pray that and mean it?

I did not read the fine print when I first was saved. I was much troubled by problems that arose after I was saved. I thought that all my troubles were over. Then I read that it is through tribulation that we enter the kingdom of God.

The sad fact is that we need to be confronted with problems and trials. We are much too strong in ourselves. When we are strong, we are not depending on the Lord Jesus. We go our own way according to what we think is good. Wrong. Our failures are intended to bring us to total dependence on the Lord Jesus in every aspect of life. The sooner we quit trying to help God, the sooner the pressure is relieved. We also find that our tolerance level is much higher. Situations that once brought us low become nothing to bother about because we've learned to depend on Christ.

The exhortation is to "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you encounter trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Allow perseverance to finish its work, so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

Think of it like being an athlete or a soldier. Training is hard and often seems boring and repetitive. Very often it is the one who is willing to train who outperforms the one with more talent. The more we train in the Lord, the easier the battle becomes when the real pressure comes on. Paul called his trials "momentary, light afflictions". We do well to turn our thinking around and not get despondent when trouble comes.

Finally, there is a real enemy of our souls and it is not God. We must learn to resist the enemy, Satan, and not allow him to bring us down. There is a war. Either we walk in victory or in defeat. Walking in victory is infinitely better.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What do?

Well if this literal physical pain it usually is about just seeking medical care.

But for the other kind of pain it is normally about acceptance, Faith etc. I think many Christians have proverbial "thorns in the flesh" along these lines.

I got some materials that have helped me on this sort of thing as far as internet resources go.

What is the Meaning of Failure for the Christian? | Reasonable Faith

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What do?

We aren't entitled to "fancy" lives, we aren't entitled to good health, we aren't entitled to anything. That other people may have these things is no cause for us to be upset. God specifically condemns covetousness in the 10th commandment. We are to be content with the portion God has given us, regardless of what it is.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Daniel of Sweden

Site Supporter
Feb 1, 2019
Göteborg
✟70,696.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You Will never be free of pain, unless you let go of all sin, and sinful thoughts and start thinking of God, and set him above wordly things. And of course praise him, in sound.

This is not easy of course, because we are used to and likely like many things, like certain music, etc.

Hold your thoughts captive in Christ, and all the Glory to God.

Upvote 0