When God ceases to offer salvation

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Maybe this will give you hope.

Philemon 1:14-16 (King James Version)

14But without thy mind would I do nothing; that thy benefit should not be as it were of necessity, but willingly.

15For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him for ever;

Upvote 0

sekir

Senior Veteran
Oct 30, 2007
India
✟14,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is really funny somany people trying to convince you of one thing again and again but what I see is that you refuse to be convinced or actually even believe that there is hope for you ..

What are you actually doing here ,,...I mean you want forgiveness and you know God gives it but then you are arguing it is too late etc etc wne everyone who comes to this thread is saying otherwise

You quote the word of God and so do others

I think brother it is high time you actually sit down pray and just BELIEVE that God loves you and it is not too late-it was not too late for LAzarus or the theif on the cross and you are stil alive.....dont fool around somuch with somuch arguing ...just say the prayer of salvatoin today and believe it-whatever arguments that re coming up against salvation either ignore those thoughts .....lies being fed into your head here

There is no point in talking talking and talking -HERE IT IS...IT IS NOT TOO LATE -YOU AR ENOT DEAD.............RECEIVE JESUS SAY THIS PRAYER AND JUST BELIEVE UR SAVED...live for him ...SATAN is defeated

Over and out
no point in simply wasting time saying the things again and again

The ball is in ur court .......God is calling you u feel remorse then its him ..u dont feel remorse -thats the danger sign....God sees ur heart and not these posts

Upvote 0

annrobert

Jesus is my Shelter my Refuge my Fortress
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
proverbs 1

24Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

25But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
26I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
27When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
28Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
29For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
30They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
31Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
32For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. 33But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

sounds much like Jesus description of hell

in hell it is too late not while we breathe on earth

25When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

26Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
27But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

on earth Jesus says he that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

God commands men every to repent now, not in the past but now

today if we hear God's voice (today) not in the past but now, today

because Jesus loves us,

Jesus would not command people to repent and then not allow them to, everything Jesus asks us to do , He equips us to do it

Jesus has given to each the measure of faith

2 corinthians 5

17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Jesus has given to each the measure of faith

and Jesus gifts and calling are without repentance

therefore since God called you in the past His calling and gift is without repentance

Romans 11:29
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Jesus said the scripture cannot be broken and His Word shall not pass away

Jesus said verily verily I say unto you he that believeth in Me has everlasting life

John 6

28Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

as for hebrews ch 4

nothing is impossible for God

therefore who is this impossible for , (man)

since nothing is impossible for God

all things are possible with God

who invites all to come to him

and inmfact commands all men everywhere to repent

Matthew 19:26
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Jesus Word shall not pass away and the scripture cannot be broken

mercy triumphs over justice

Jesus tells us to forgive our brother 490 times

Yet as the heavens are above the earth so are God's ways higher than ours

He would not ask us to do something that He will not

Jesus delights in mercy and compassion

I think it grieves Him to see you suffer so

a smoking flax Jesus will not snuff out and a bruised reed He will not crush

Jesus is annointed to heal the broken hearted and to deliver the captive and to set at liberty those who are bruised

Jesus gives us a new and soft heart

a heart of flesh

Jesus gives us faith

no matter what our feelings or minds do

it is our spirit that counts

all we have to do is come

Jesus said all that the Father gives to Me will come to Me and he that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out

so Father God gives us to Jesus

we come with all our faults doubts and frailties

Jesus does not cast us out

rather He makes all things new and forgives us our sins

and binds up our wounds and restores our soul

Robert keep hoping

the bible says hope does not disappoint

blessings
annrobert

I know you will get well

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

annrobert

Jesus is my Shelter my Refuge my Fortress
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is an encouraging scripture

Romans 9
30What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

31But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

32Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
33As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

You will make it through and overcome this Robert
keep on hoping

Upvote 0

scrofford

God Seeker
Dec 4, 2009
Marysville, Wa
✟8,009.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I myself have been struggeling with this issue for over a year now. Let me start by saything that I do not believe that the Holy Spirit will deal with a stubborn unrepentant sinner all the way to his death bed. I believe a time comes that the Holy Spirit will indeed withdrawl from a person like that leaving them to their sins and to their damnation. Once this happens you have crossed the line with God, no one knows when they can toy around with Gods grace for so long until finally God tells the Holy Spirit to let that one go!

I am terrified that this is the situation I have found myself to be in. Im 37yrs old, I have been in church all of my life and have been exposed to great amounts of light and opportunities that most people do not get as I also went to a Christian School for 12yrs.

I remember time after time at the end of church services as a little boy sitting on the front pew feeling God tugging at my heart, wanting to go forward so bad I could hardly stand it. Its obvious I was under conviction but for some stupid reason I would never go forward and get saved! I always felt a sensation of relief when the singing stopped and it was time to leave church. I know that sounds horrible but its true, I didnt realize it then but I realize now that each time I was resisting Gods spirit who was trying to bring me to salvation.

Fast forward to the year 1999. Im at a church service and I feel God dealing with my heart like never before! I knew I had to get saved but for some stupid reason I yet again resisted! I remember walking out to my car to go home and looking back at the church and feeling this terrible dread come over me saying (If you leave now I will never draw you again! its now or never!)

I was such an idiot! I got in my car and drove away all because I was to embarressed to go back into church and tell someone I needed to be saved!

For the next decade I dove into willfull sinning like never before, I believe sometime after that service Gods Spirit stopped dealing with me and left me to my sins. I was looking at inappropriate content every day of the week for hours a day, cussing people out and was full of hate.

In November of 2008 I had a horrifying scare that the rapture would occure in Jan 2009. I wont go into details but I was sure it was about to happen. I remembered that I had never got saved and walked away from God. To my desperation I cried out to God to save me but it seemed to be in vain! I could sense something mocking back at me and telling me (You have rejected me so I am rejecting you!)

Since that time I have been trying so hard to get saved, begging God to deal with me again but all I get in return now is silence. I was so stupid for walking away. I sealed my fate after that service in 1999 as it was the last time God spoke to my heart.

"Today if you hear his voice harden not your heart"

Please take that advice from the Bible because you dont know when it will be the last time that you hear Gods voice calling you to salvation.

Listen, the very fact you are so concerned about this is proof that GOD HAS NOT GIVEN UP ON YOU! What you are hearing now is a lie of the enemy! QUIT LISTENING TO THIS! ACCEPT CHRIST INTO YOUR HEART. It is as easy as saying "Jesus, I am a sinner. Please forgive me. Come into my heart and was me clean. I believe that you are the Son of God and that you died on the Cross for me. I believe that you rose from the dead on the third day and are now sitting at the right hand of the Father in Heaven.

The Bible says that if we confess our sins, He is faithful to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrightoeusness. The Bible also says that anyone who calls on the name of the Lord WILL BE SAVED! If you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth the Bible says you are saved.

Quit listening to those lies from Satan! He is a liar and a deceiver! God loves you and hasn't given up on you! I pray that you will see this!

Upvote 0

childofGod31

May 13, 2006
✟17,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
RobertZ, to continue my thoughts:

God also revealed to me that His ultimate goal is reconciliation of all. Yes, there is punishment, but it's not eternal and it's only for corrective purifying purposes. It’s not pleasant to go through, but it will clean you from the evil in you. But God's heart aches for all humanity and He wants to save them all. (as the verse says) Surely God is powerful enough to make His desires to come true (at some point)! Yes. He is able!

God loves people even though they adulterate with the world and sin against Him and ignore Him:

Hos 3:1 The LORD said to me, "Go, show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another and is an adulteress. Love her as the LORD loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes."
God believes in forgiveness, second chances and restoration!

Eze 18:21 But if wicked people turn away from all their sins and begin to obey My decrees and do what is just and right, they will surely live and not die.
Eze 18:22 All their past sins will be forgotten, and they will live because of the righteous things they have done
Eze 18:32 I don't want you to die, says the Sovereign LORD. Turn back and live!

God gave over some people to something that is not helpful:
Eze 20:25 I gave them over to worthless decrees and regulations that would not lead to life.

But it only applies to those who are not seeking anything. To those who are content to be where they are. He knows the hearts. He turns to depravity only those that He sees will have no respect for good or His laws or anything.

As for you, I would say this one would apply:

Mat 21:28 "What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, 'Son, go and work today in the vineyard.'
Mat 21:29 "'I will not,' he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.
Mat 21:30 "Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, 'I will, sir,' but he did not go.
Mat 21:31 "Which of the two did what his father wanted?" "The first," they answered. Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.
Mat 21:32 For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.

Remember, we must use God's wisdom to interpret His Bible. Those who do not repent, means they do not repent NOW. The fact that you did not repent THEN, simply puts you in the category of a son who said: "I wont' do it". But once you repent, then the Father forgives you.
On the other hand, religios people will NEVER repent because they don't even see that they need repentance. So to "never repent" is to stay that way forever.

But you are SEEKING, you are not staying in unrepentance...You are that son who later did what the Father wanted....
Don't let the devil twist the scriptures in your mind.

We have to take our thoughts (some of them come from the devil) and capture them and make them obedient to the truth, to what is true.

2Co 10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ

God believes in restoration! God judged people in this body in order to preserve their spirit.
1Pe 4:6 so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.
Eze 16:49Sodom's sins were pride, gluttony, and laziness, while the poor and needy suffered outside her door.
Eze 16:50 She was proud and committed detestable sins, so I wiped her out, as you have seen.
Eze 16:51 "Even Samaria did not commit half your sins. You have done far more detestable things than your sisters ever did. They seem righteous compared to you.
Eze 16:52 Shame on you! Your sins are so terrible that you make your sisters seem righteous, even virtuous.
Eze 16:53 "But someday I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and Samaria, and I will restore you, too.
Eze 16:54 Then you will be truly ashamed of everything you have done, for your sins make them feel good in comparison.
Eze 16:55 Yes, your sisters, Sodom and Samaria, and all their people will be restored, and at that time you also will be restored.
Eze 16:60 Yet I will remember the covenant I made with you when you were young, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you.
Eze 16:61 Then you will remember with shame all the evil you have done. I will make your sisters, Samaria and Sodom, to be your daughters, even though they are not part of our covenant
Eze 16:62 And I will reaffirm My covenant with you, and you will know that I am the LORD.
Eze 16:63 You will remember your sins and cover your mouth in silent shame when I forgive you of all that you have done. I, the Sovereign LORD, have spoken!"

Eze 20:39 "As for you, O people of Israel, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: Go right ahead and worship your idols, but sooner or later you will obey Me and will stop bringing shame on My holy name by worshiping idols. Eze 20:40 For on My holy mountain, the great mountain of Israel, says the Sovereign LORD, the people of Israel will someday worship Me, and I will accept them.
Eze 20:43 You will look back on all the ways you defiled yourselves and will hate yourselves because of the evil you have done.
Eze 20:44 You will know that I am the LORD, O people of Israel, when I have honored My name by treating you mercifully in spite of your wickedness. I, the Sovereign LORD, have spoken!"
This is God's goodness. They will obey Him because they will be cleansed from evil and they are given a second chance.
Christians nowdays are playing religion. It's dead. It has no life in it. Don't go that way. seek God and His presence and His life and His spirit.
Invest your time in seeking Him as though it was a matter of death and life (and it is, a matter of spiritual life and death)

Talk to God. He hears you. Keep talking to Him. Keep reading about Him. He will reward your diligence if you seek Him like a treasure, if you seek Him for HIM, to get to know Him, not just because you are scared of hell.

I wrote about God’s love and His ways in regards to the doctrine of eternal hell here:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7437431/

Please believe me, He is a Good God, a forgiving God, a truly loving God. We do not understand His ways, we have misrepresented him. And we have MISINTERPRETED the verses of the Bible.

There are many verses in the Bible that misrepresent God's love becasue we don't really undersstand what they mean or what God meant when He said them or what apostoles meant when they said them.

You know, it's very easy to be confused. Just try communication with somebody. You say one thing, they think you mean another. It's very very very easy to misunderstand the verses. And people do that all the time.

I wouldn't even use a statement "see it's clear as day" when referring to the Bible. Nothing there is clear. Only God by His Spirit can reveal the truth.

Upvote 0

chews

Believe in the Power of Ideas
Feb 26, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟15,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You don't have to give yourself to God in church he do it constantly and daily in your life. Let him in then let him take your shame so you can get baptized as a public admission of your decision to follow Christ and don't deny him.

Upvote 0

toojoyful

Mar 14, 2010
At the feet of Jesus
✟15,193.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greeting RobertZ,
In the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,

I have no time says the Spirit of the Living God to waste on satan and his powerless ways to hold you My son. Repent and be restored back to Me. My word stands that I will never leave you nor forsaken you. For the sake of My Great name, I the Lord will not reject you, because I the Lord Am pleased to make you My Own. All I have given to My Son will come to Me and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. And this is My will and why I send My Son Jesus. My Son has given His life for you and will not lose one , but raise them up on the last day. I give you eternal life and you shall never perish, no one can be snatch from My hand. My Son has given you to me, I AM GREATER than all..no one can snatch you from My hand!!

Repent and turn back to Me says the Lord of Host!

Jude 1:24
To Him Who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy--to the only God our Savior be Glory, Majesty, Power and Authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages now and for ever more.

These are scriptures the Lord spoke concerning you, may you heed and be blessed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums