When does the shift from merely human to officially cyborg take place?

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That sounds right. Whatever God has established as sacred is sacred. About a cyborg, if the cyborg becomes more machine than human then he is tampering with the image of God in which he was created and substituting it with something else. When God promises to restore mankind to physical perfection it wont be via technology. It will be via restoration to human perfection. Human perfection is not in harmony with being a cyborg. Being a cyborg is an expression of mankind wanting to solve problems related to illness, accidents, mortality or dissatisfaction with just be plain human. Such problems will be solved by God himself and being just human is described as being good enough.

Revelation 21:4 (NIV)

4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Can a cyborg be saved?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Same with Nephilim?
No, Nephilim were human/demon hybrids and Jesus' died for the human race not for half demon half human abnormalities. A cyborg is merely a human who has been modified in order to enhance, strength, perceptions, thinking abilities via technology attached to the human body. The question is when does a person become a cyborg? I had an aunt with a pacemaker and never considered her a cyborg.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, Nephilim were human/demon hybrids and Jesus' died for the human race not for half demon half human abnormalities. A cyborg is merely a human who has been modified in order to enhance, strength, perceptions, thinking abilities via technology attached to the human body. The question is when does a person become a cyborg? I had an aunt with a pacemaker and never considered her a cyborg.

what about rahab?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
what about rahab?

Well, she was deemed righteous and an example of faith.

Hebrews 11:31
By faith the prostitute Rahab, because she welcomed the spies, was not killed with those who were disobedient.

James 2:25
In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Is that why they cant go to heaven? because they arent fully human? How the Mark of the Beast Will Rewrite the Human Genome (part three) Corrupting the Image

what about children?
Don't know for sure, could be...?

As for children, I don't know either...? Depends, I think, on whether or not they are offered the choice or not in taking the implant or not, and whether or they are, or were, at the age of being able to make an informed decision in the matter or not, I would think...?

But, those are my thoughts, not the Lord's in this case...

God Bless!

Reactions: Sammy-San
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Cloning is unnatural and goes against what Genesis clearly tells mankind to do. The established arrangement in Genesis is for two parents. So obviously that is how God wants us to do things. But I would like to know at what point does a person become a cyborg? What is your opinion?

What about things like domesticating foxes?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
weren't the people they wiped out nephilim?
That's not what I was taught. I was taught that the Nephilim were obliterated in the flood and that the report of Nephilim in Canaan was bogus. After all, why would the same thing that happened prior to the Flood be allowed to happen again. What does this have to do with cyborgs?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chriliman

Everything I need to be joyful is right here
May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When does a person shift from being merely human and officially become a cyborg?

We all know that persons with pace-makers and artificial limbs aren’t looked upon in that way. However this following fellow, Neil Harbisson, was officially declared a cyborg when he had an antenna receiving signals from satellites was implanted in his skull.

Doesn’t this mean that the criteron is that our brains must be involved and must attain some power beyond the normal fot the classification of cyborg to be valid? If a microchip implanted in the brain to control epilepsy doesn’t transform us into a cyborg but another microchip allowing us access to the Internet does, then that conclusion would seem obvious. What do you think?

One scenario is where God uses creation and us to make imperishable bodies(biological robots?) that He then "uploads" our God loving souls into. I see no reason why God wouldn't or couldn't do that, do you?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
One scenario is where God uses creation and us to make imperishable bodies(biological robots?) that He then "uploads" our God loving souls into. I see no reason why God wouldn't or couldn't do that, do you?
What gave you the idea that I would think he can't? Also, what does God have to do with determining when a person should or should not be considered a cyborg?

Upvote 0

Chriliman

Everything I need to be joyful is right here
May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What gave you the idea that I would think he can't? Also, what does God have to do with determining when a person should or should not be considered a cyborg?

Well, God is with us and God loves us and loves life in general so it would seem to make sense that he would work through us and the rest of creation to make everlasting life a reality by making imperishable bodies through the ingenuity of humanity. How? I'm not really sure, but I think it's an interesting topic of discussion. :)

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,329.00
Faith
Atheist
...I had an aunt with a pacemaker and never considered her a cyborg.
The distinguishing principle seems to be gaining enhanced capabilities over normal humans, so a pace-maker wouldn't count.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The distinguishing principle seems to be gaining enhanced capabilities over normal humans, so a pace-maker wouldn't count.

Good point! She was definitely not superhuman in the sense of superhuman abilities whereas the fellow was officially tagged as cyborg based on his ability to receive satellite transmissions directly to his brain. So maintenance or human normal ability seems to be the criterion as you said.

But then I started thinking, suppose a severely injured person who had leg and arm amputations is fitted with limbs which work as normal human limbs do, a mechanical heart that functions as normal hearts, microchips brain implants which make normal sight and normal hearing possible. All these would simply allow him to lead a normal human life. Still not a cyborg? If not, then we would need to change the present definition of cyborg. Correct?

You are right when it comes to stories.

cyborg

p
Definition of cyborg for English Language Learners
  • in stories : a person whose body contains mechanical or electrical devices and whose abilities are greater than the abilities of normal humans

• Definition of CYBORG
  • -------------------------------

• Medical Definition of cyborg

1. : a bionic human
    -----------
The medical definition just says bionic human.

The following definition doesn't require superhuman abilities at all.
the definition of cyborg.

Last edited:
Upvote 0