Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So we have been in the end times for 2000+ years?
So says this writer:

Hebrews 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So says this writer:

Hebrews 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
There are seven days so anything after the third day would be the latter days.
From my understanding we are now very late in the 6th day.

A day of rest should be in the near future.

• Agree
Reactions: Chinchilla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,820.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Next Prophesied Event:

Isaiah 61:1-2a The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me. He has sent me to announce good news to the humble, to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and to proclaim a year of the Lords favour,

Isaiah 61:2b-3...and a Day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, to give then garlands instead of ashes, oil of gladness, instead of mourners tears and a garment of splendour for the distressed. They will be called trees of righteousness, planted by the Lord for His adornment.

Isaiah 61:4-11 Buildings long in ruin and desolate will be restored and rebuilt. Foreigners will serve you, caring for your flocks and vines, but you will be called priests of the Lord and the wealth of the nations will be yours. Because My people have received insults and shame in double measure, they will receive in their own Land, wealth in double measure.
For I, the Lord love justice and hate injustice, I shall give My people a sure reward and make an everlasting Covenant with them. Their posterity will be renowned among the nations, they will be seen as a people blessed by the Lord.

Let us rejoice in the Lord with all our hearts. From Him has come victory and deliverance. His people, robed in beauty are like a garden full of flowers. The Lord will make His victory and renown known to the nations. Reference: REB, NIV, KJV. Some verses abridged.

Isaiah 61:1-2a, was quoted by Jesus at the commencement of His ministry;.... a year of the Lord’s favour’. He stopped in mid sentence and then said: Today, in your hearing, this prophecy has come true.

Therefore, the rest of this chapter is unfulfilled prophecy. So, we look for the sequence of events to unfold as written, commencing with:

a Day of vengeance of our God’ - The next prophesied event. Not the Return of Jesus in His glory, but His punishment to the nations, triggered by an attack on Israel. This is prophesied and described comprehensively throughout the Bible as a terrible disaster by fire, that will affect the whole world. Isaiah 63:1-6, Isaiah 30:26, Revelation 6:12-17- the Sixth Seal Day of the Lord's wrath.

comfort all who mourn’ - All who love the Lord and follow in His Laws, those who mourn His death on the cross. Zechariah 12:9-10

trees of righteousness, planted in their own Land’ - His people: all faithful Christians, Jew and Gentile are gathered and settled in His holy Land, into all of that area promised to the Patriarchs, to their descendants by faith, Galatians 3:26-29, in the new country of Beulah. Isaiah 62:1-5, Ezekiel 20:34-36, Isaiah 26:15

buildings rebuilt and the land restored’ - After the devastation caused by a CME sunstrike, The Lord will regenerate the Land, Ezekiel 36:8 but buildings must be rebuilt, including the new Temple. Isaiah 65:21, Zechariah 6:15

foreigners will serve you’ - Isaiah 60:10...foreigners will rebuild your walls...

wealth of the nations will be yours’ - Zechariah 14:14 The same as what happened at the first Exodus. Exodus 11:2

‘make a Covenant with them’ - Jeremiah 31:33, Ezekiel 34:25, Isaiah 54:10

‘from Him has come victory and deliverance’ - Psalms 91:14-16, Psalms 44:4-7

‘known to the nations’ - Ezekiel 39:21, Isaiah 40:5
Ref: logostelos.info

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
End times? Bible only please

Good Luck getting THIS answered

A lot of churches teach that because no man knows the DAY or the HOUR, that we can't know the WEEK, MONTH, SEASON, YEAR (1), DECADE (10) SCORE (20), CENTURY (100), DAYTONA (500) or MILLENNIA (1,000). This "extrapolation" is NOT SCRIPTURAL and it's NOT TRUE!

Knowing the date (i.e., the literal YEAR and SEASON) when we started the Tribulation (and thus the Return of Jesus) is quite simple. Now if you want to know the month that Jesus Returns, then that takes a little more work, and finally, if you want to know the week, I'd ask WHY? It can certainly be known, but for my purposes it's not profitable.

Thanks,
DaDad

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, sooooo, the "end times" start at different times according to:

The Psalms --
for the Chapter: 1901
for the concept of Israel: 1924
for the start of the Tribulation: 2018​

Daniel --
for the nations: WWI
for the concept of Israel: 1924
for David Ben Gurion: 1931
for the Dayton/Oslo Peace Accord: 1993
for the assassination of Rabin: 1995
for the end of the Dayton/Oslo Peace Accord: 2000​

History --
for the United Nations: 1945
for the Three Superpowers: 1949
for the Dayton/Oslo Peace Accord: 1993
for the assassination of Rabin: 1995
for the end of the Dayton/Oslo Peace Accord: 2000
for the start of the Tribulation: 2018
Thanks,
DaDad​

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
As repeated in Scripture previously posted, the end times were already 'started' - they knew they were living in the end times,
in the first century. Even the "last hour".
Every century since then has been likewise the end times, Scripturally.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Knowing the date (i.e., the literal YEAR and SEASON) when we started the Tribulation (and thus the Return of Jesus) is quite simple.
Of course it is. Every Date Setter knows it perfectly.

Unfortunately, none of them agree when it is...

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
for the start of the Tribulation: 2018
Hey, excellent! I love it when Date Setters set dates in the near future, so I can post their excuses for them just before those dates pass without incident. Then's when you're gonna get to experience some REAL scoffing! (I think I went too easy on the Blood Moons goobers.)

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
Hey, excellent! I love it when Date Setters set dates in the near future, so I can post their excuses for them just before those dates pass without incident. Then's when you're gonna get to experience some REAL scoffing! (I think I went too easy on the Blood Moons goobers.)

That's good Jip, get some ready for me man.

Mines only 161 days away,
until the "darkened" sun.

(O)14(o) <------------1588------------> (O)14(o)
(O)14(o) <----------1550----------> (O)14(o)
(O)14(o) <---------1372---------> (O)14(o)
(O)14(o) <--------1209--------> (O)14(o)
(O)14(o) <------1195------> (O)14(o)

I guess in God's economy of numbers, it's possible that the 18 prophetic time periods from His Holy Script could coincidentally compare with other specifications of items that He also created like: the Sun, the Earth and the Moon.

It could still be called a coincidence that this 1372 day slot in the solar and lunar cycle seems to line up so well with numbers written in the book of Daniel 2600 years ago.

<----1260---->
<-----1290-----> 0.976744186046512
<------1335------> 0.966292134831461
<-------1372-------> 0.973032069970845

0hpRiVq.jpg

It should be a riot.

Peaceful rest of the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's good Jip, get some ready for me man. Mines only 161 days away, until the "darkened" sun.
Cool! Yep, get ready for outright ridicule. I haven't followed your posts enough to know what your precise excuse will be, but it almost certainly be one of the following:

1) "Sorry, y'all, but I was wrong. Mea culpa. I'm going to re-evaluate my End Time presuppositions". This one only gets you a mild razzing from me, because I was wrong once myself. I don't think it's ever been used by a prominent Date Setter.
2) "OK, I know what happened, I forgot to carry the 2, and I didn't allow for the procession of the equinoxes. I recalculated and the Big Event will take place on January 12." This is the Ed Whisenant Technique, which I believe he repeated three times before he resorted to the Disappearing Until They Forget method.
3) "Ok, y'all don't see it because you lack spiritual discernment, but the Big Event actually happened today all the same. This not only goes to show that I was right all along, but that I'm spiritually superior to you." This is the technique used by both the Millerites/SDAs and the Jehovah's Witnesses when they blew their End Tines deadlines. A lot of the True Believers bought it, most did not.
4) The Disappear Until They Forget gambit. This is the most common for professional "evangelists", and appears to work pretty well for them, people's memories tending to be rather short.

Two, three, or four will earn you massive scoffing, and endless reminders of the proven falsehood of your eschatological notions.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0