Bon

Truth Seeker
Jul 26, 2004
✟17,259.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
My girlfriend and I were having a discussion about when we believe a baby is considered a life.

We spoke of miscarriages, abortions, rape, deformity, brain-damage etc
...and wondered, for example, would a fetus which was miscarried at, say, 5 weeks or 4 weeks, be "written in the book of life"?

I guess you all know that many pregnancies are miscarried within just weeks of conception even without the knowledge of the parents.

I can only answer is sight of the Word of Yahweh, and I found such scriptures as:
Psalm 139:12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

and

Luke 1:40 where she entered Zechariah's home and greeted Elizabeth. 41 When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

So I believe that life begins at conception, when egg comes together with sperm and finds its resting place in the womb to begin growing and developing.

It's an intricate topic....does anyone have any insights?

Shalom from Bon

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
As soon as the sperm and the eggot become one, they become a living soul is my thought. Then again HaShem didn't even want the seed spilled upon the ground. I believe that we will see a multitude of babies that will grow up in the kingdom and will have never known what world they were conceived in. God loves everyone one of them.

Upvote 0

Bon

Truth Seeker
Jul 26, 2004
✟17,259.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Henaynei said:
agree with concensus - at conception - in my BS days I assisted in surgical abortions - definitely at conception ...

Oh! Henaynei.....how difficult was that?
------------------------------------------
Yes.....
Written in the "Book of Life"
Concieved
A life cut short by what ever means (man-made or accidental / natural causes)
The promise of eternal life

Thanks be to Yahweh. :pray:

Shalom from Bon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ShirChadash

A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!
Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
✟22,943.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
yep -- ITA!

By Grace said:
I agree--life begins when the DNA combination is finalized, which is at conception.

Did you know that most hormonal bc can "prevent" pregnancies by preventing implantation of a fertilized egg? That, IMO, is equivalent to abortion.

Upvote 0

beej7

Jan 7, 2005
Virginia
✟362.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh my goodness, Jill...I can't believe I am so naive...I always assumed it prevented fertilization...but when you think about it, how would that happen. Oh, how awful...And to think I was always pro- bc pills...and 100% opposed to abortion...

Beej
/repenting

Upvote 0

By Grace

Flying HIGH on eagles' WINGS
Jul 6, 2004
Georgia
Visit site
✟9,130.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
beej7 said:
Oh my goodness, Jill...I can't believe I am so naive...I always assumed it prevented fertilization...but when you think about it, how would that happen. Oh, how awful...And to think I was always pro- bc pills...and 100% opposed to abortion...

Beej
/repenting

Don't feel too ignorant--it's not the ONLY way it works. BC generally works in one of 3 ways: prevents ovulation, makes the vaginal environment hostile to sperm, and makes the uterine environment hostile to a fertilized egg. MOST of the time, the first two lines of defense are what effectively prevent pg. But not always. We have no idea how many pg's are "prevented" because of the 3rd line of "defense", but obviously, with all the women who take BC, it would have to happen sometimes.

Upvote 0

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
By Grace said:
I agree--life begins when the DNA combination is finalized, which is at conception.

Did you know that most hormonal bc can "prevent" pregnancies by preventing implantation of a fertilized egg? That, IMO, is equivalent to abortion.
I did know this... when I found out I told my SO (who didn't have any problems with the pill-- but of course he is a guy too) and he just didn't think that was a big deal. But when I asked him to think about when life begins... he started changing his tune. He said he just doesn't know enough yet. Well, if we marry, I definitely want it to be a partnership in the decision.
I am completely anti-abortion so I won't be taking BC pills if they use that line of defense. And as far as I know, all hormonal BC can cause an abortion by way of flushing out the fertilized egg and keeping it from implanting on the uteran wall.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums