When do you think the rapture will occur?

Within how many years do you think the rapture will occur?

• 10 years

• 75 years

• 500 years

• In the far far distant future

• Other, please explain.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungJoonKim

Dec 8, 2005
✟16,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is truly a thought of endless.
I've researched about time of rapture and so on and so forth and found little.
Only about prediction of events on earth.
But we know, BILLIONS will die, including some of us.
Another BILLIONS would suffer after effect.

Ahem..since this is about rapture;;
Well, I don't know.
I will not say, "it is pointless to think about it"
since we must be aware and prepared.
We can be killed anytime of our lives after all.
Rapture is just another form of being lifted up to God ^_^
Jesus declared that not even himself knew this, not disciples, and not any prohets.
Only his father knew when this was going to happen.
(Oh wait..correct me if I'm wrong please)

So be ready, be prepared, and be courageous when it DOES happen.
There shall be many *angels* doing many works and I believe this can be prevented.
However, the word "prevention" is so big for me lol.

Upvote 0

Beasley

Jul 8, 2006
✟8,366.00
Faith
Protestant
We are told to live as if it could occur at any time. I believe there is 7,000 years of human history because Peter mentions the creation of earth and the destruction of earth and says that a thousand years is like a day to the Lord.
The present heavens and earth will be destroyed just before the Great White Throne judgment against the unbelievers. This occurs after the millennial reign of Christ which is 1,000 years long according to Rev. 20. We are approaching the end of 6,000 years of human history now.

No man knows the day or hour of the rapture. But, I'm pretty sure his 2nd coming for his earthly reign will coincide with the timing of Israels fall feasts. He physically, literally fulfilled the Spring feasts at the 1st Advent. He will physically literally fulfill the Fall Feasts at the 2nd. The Feast of Atonement is the time when those who peirced him will mourn. Zech 12:10 compared to Rev 1:7. So I think it will be soon, but the calendar has been changed so it is hard to speculate when it will occur. God established Israel on a 30 day lunar calendar, which the Gentiles never used. This is the time of the Gentiles. The bride, the church is seen in heaven in Rev 19, prior to the 2nd Advent.

4and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation." 5For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water,
6through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water.
7But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
8But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.

Beasley

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JonF said:
As the title said, when do you think the rapture will occur?
The "rapture", as a separate event from the coming of our Lord, is a doctrinal construct without Scriptural support. When the Lord returns, we will go to meet Him in the air. We should simply be anticipating His return.

Upvote 0

The Prokeimenon!

like unto bees about a honeycomb
Feb 3, 2004
some crummy town
✟18,326.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Jipsah said:
The "rapture", as a separate event from the coming of our Lord, is a doctrinal construct without Scriptural support. When the Lord returns, we will go to meet Him in the air. We should simply be anticipating His return.

Well said :)

Rdr Moses

Upvote 0

Melethiel

Miserere mei, Domine
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2005
Ohio
✟77,093.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Jipsah said:
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

theend0218

Everything is everything.
Apr 5, 2005
texas
✟1,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As noted above, at the coming of Christ when the dead are raised; then the end "when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power." Christ must reign until the last enemy is destroyed. The last enemy is death, and death is overcome in the resurrection.

Upvote 0

ToxicReboMan

Always Hungry for Truth
May 19, 2005
Texas
✟1,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Jipsah said:

:clap:

Upvote 0

Mark Downham

A Desert Voice
Sep 15, 2004
✟5,252.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
When we confess Christ it has already occured, it simply has not become visible to the human eye - for how else could we be seated with Jesus in the Heavenly places?

Ephesians 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the Heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 21, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
✟13,683.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
bliz said:
The Bible tells us that no one knows the time. I'm quite content to have God know and not speculate about it further.

It says no one knows the time of night - says nothing about not knowing the day :)

As the title said, when do you think the rapture will occur?

Sometime in the next 20-40 years.

But we're not to wait around for it though, it'll come when it comes.

Upvote 0

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jipsah said:

add one more :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.