Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
It really seems like it is taking a long time.

*taps foot on ground*

Jesus, where are you?
Jesus is inside each one of us. We're supposed to be in constant prayer (1 Thess 5:17).

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
why is it 'taking a long time' ..?

what are you fighting then ?

I am not fighting anything but physical desires of the flesh, my own self. You are Orthodox, you have read the Philokalia, so you know what it is to mortify one's see so we are mastered only by God.

Upvote 0

havevisions

Dec 24, 2010
Southwest Virginia
✟47,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rather than asking WHEN, it is better to ask, what are the SIGNS, according to Jesus (see Matt 24).

Jesus gave some clear signs and to exercise alertness, but most of all be prepared - that is, depend upon the Holy Spirit to stay "in tune". ("have oil in your lamps")

A few of these are (not in chronological order - lots of debate, so be careful, and watch the world scene):

Israeli Peace Treaty will be made. (probably by the man of sin (Antichrist) who, until this time, is unknown, but comes on the scene as a world leader, and hailed as a hero.

The (7 yr) tribulation period will begin. Jesus described the events ( Mat 24:4-8) that will transpire: wars, famines, earthquakes, persecution of Christians, false Christs , the abomination that causes desolation, (antichrist declares himself to be God - midway thru trib.), false prophets, the persecutions (especially Jews) and the need to flee to the mountains. Jesus told us to exercise discernment as to the nearness of His return, as a farmer judges when summer is near by the new shoots of a tree.

The age of apostasy, as the bible warns, will bring false teachers who preach damnable heresies, as explained by Peter (2 Pet 2,3) denying the basics of scripture, such as “cross of Christ”, blood atonement, salvation by grace, Incarnation, the virgin birth, and others, and will deceive many, leading them on the path to destruction.

Knowledge will increase exponentially, caused by technological advances, such as “nano-bots”. Man will become so powerful that he becomes arrogant toward God (the “tower of Babel” is a paradigm). Super computers, nanotechnology, advanced robotics, artificial intelligence, trans-humanism will reach a “singularity point” (man thinks he can do all that God can, and nothing is impossible.)

High-tech microchip identification is required by all humans by anti-christ. (Refusing will force an “underground” Christian community who will hunted down, possibly beheaded.) …those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus (rev 20:4). They reign with Christ during the millennium.

Like I say, these are only some, not all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fair and good question.

It does seem like it's about time, but either way, soon I hope.

The anti-christ must be exposed first, then the Kingdom is revealed from Heaven blowing them away. (Where blowing them away means blowing their spirits away. They will be broken in that way.)

So, within the next few years.

Upvote 0

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit is still working to prepare the people for the Lord.
Luke 1:17 "to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."

We shouldnt forget our deceased brothers and sisters who died already and together with us are waiting for their resurrection and being taken to the cloud :
1 Thes 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord

These our beloved brothers and sisters hv waited for the Lord Jesus the whole of their life. At this point than we can say :
2 Tim 4: 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Regarding the question: When Do You Believe Jesus Is Coming Back
Could be tomorrow. Could be millions of years. There is nothing that needs to first happen before the second coming of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Regarding the question: When Do You Believe Jesus Is Coming Back
Could be tomorrow. Could be millions of years. There is nothing that needs to first happen before the second coming of Christ.

The antichrist has to be revealed first.

"Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God." (2 Thessalonians 2:1-4)

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

*taps foot on ground*

Jesus, where are you?
Parable of the fig tree. Jerusalem is the fig tree. 70 years for a generation. 1967 +70. Not later than. Watch the EU to reorganize to have a ten leader form of government... next sign.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The antichrist has to be revealed first.

"Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God." (2 Thessalonians 2:1-4)
The person who becomes the "Antichrist" illegitimate King of Israel, first becomes the little horn - the leader of Europe. But first the Europe has to reorganize into a ten leader form of government.

2Thessaloinas2:1-4, while something that must happen before Jesus's Second Coming - the person going into the temple, sitting, claiming to be God - is not into the middle part of the 7 years (Daniel 9:27). It reveals the person as the man of sin. The person is the Antichrist (perceived King of Israel messiah) leading up to that point.

The person first becomes the little horn leader of Europe. Then following Gog/Magog, he arrives in the middle east with his army to secure the oil. He is the prince who shall come in Daniel 9:26.

Israel will think he is their messiah and he is anointed the King of Israel - that's actually what makes him the Antichrist.

The 2thessalonians2:4 act will be his last act as the King of Israel - as the Jews will be mortified by claiming to be God, and will disown him as their King of Israel. Ending his time as the Antichrist.

And beginning his time as the revealed man of sin. Which God has him killed and brought back to life as the beast.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

*taps foot on ground*

Jesus, where are you?
Are you really asking - when is Jesus coming for me? If so, that would be a question of when is the rapture going to take place. Which we don't know for certain. It could be at any time between now and when it actually happens.

The rapture will happen before the Day of the Lord begins. Which is triggered by the 2thessalonians2:4 act. How far before is unknown.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

*taps foot on ground*

Jesus, where are you?
I used to think about this a lot too, but have come to realize that it doesn't really matter and I don't really care. Our time on this earth is miniscule anyway, so whether he comes tomorrow or 1000 years from now, it's all good.

Furthermore, I'm not as convinced as I used to be that we are in the last days.

Upvote 0