When did the church which is Christ’s body begin? Study series. Lesson#1 Israel’s position of preeminence in Gods Kingdom.

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When did the church which is Christ’s body begin? Study series.

Lesson#1 Israel’s position of preeminence in Gods Kingdom over the rest of the Nations
. (revised)

The first thing I would like to establish among the different positions held concerning the creation of the body of Christ, is Israel’s place in scripture; this will be foundational to distinguish the differences between Gods dealing concerning the church that is Christ's body (in our future studies); from His dealings with the Nation; and what exactly is the inheritance that has been allotted to Israel, and what was the hope of the people of the nation when we open the N.T, in fulfillment of their covenanted promises, for we know that ever jot and tittle of Gods word will come to fulfillment!

In the call of Abram, God promised to make of him a great nation, and bless him, and make his name great, and he shall be a blessing. God would bless those who bless him (Abram) and curse those who curse him, and in Abram all the families of the earth shall be blessed (Gen.12:1-3).

In this foundational scripture there are many layers of meaning that are progressively revealed through God’s word, especially by our Apostle Paul, to which we will save for a later study as we progress.

While all blessing is centered in Christ, the seed of Abraham, I would like to look at the specifics of the greatness mentioned here, and the blessing that will be received by the nations for blessing Israel, along with the cures that will be received for cursing Israel, we find this to be the meaning as we follow this theme. The scriptures below show the position of preeminence Israel has in God’s kingdom over the rest of the nations of the earth.

That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the seashore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;(Gen.22:17-18)

Let peoples serve you, And nations bow down to you. Be master over your brethren, And let your mother’s sons bow down to you. Cursed be everyone who curses you, And blessed be those who bless you!” (Gen.26:29)

Judah, your brothers shall praise you. Your hand shall be on the necks of your enemies; your father’s sons shall bow down to you. Judah is a young lion—my son, you return from the prey. Like a lion he crouches and lies down; like a lioness, who dares to rouse him? The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the staff from between his feet, until Shiloh comes, and the allegiance of the nations is his. (Gen.49:8-10)

Here we have the blessing of the firstborn right which concerns abundant life and a position of preeminence; this spiritual blessing is passed down through the patriarch and would find its fulfillment in Gods Kingdom, the nation of Israel has the first born right over all the nations of the earth, when Christ returns to establish the kingdom of God, He will rule through the nation, for Israel is heir of Gods Kingdom over the nations (). When Christ returns, Israel will shine with glory of God, and all nations shall go to Israel, who will be a kingdom of priests that will bring the truth of God to a lost would, and minister between God and the nations. The nations shall tithe to Israel with the gift offerings of riches, blessing Israel and bowing down in obeisance.

Strangers will stand and feed your flocks, and foreigners will be your plowmen and vinedressers.6But you will be called the priests of the LORD; they will speak of you as ministers of our God; you will feed on the wealth of nations, and you will boast in their riches.7Instead of shame, My people will have a double portion, and instead of humiliation, they will rejoice in their share; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.8For I, the LORD, love justice; I hate robbery and iniquity; in My faithfulness I will give them their recompense and make an everlasting covenant with them.9Their descendants will be known among the nations, and their offspring among the peoples. All who see them will acknowledge they are a people the LORD has blessed.10I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, my soul will exult in my God; for He has clothed me with garments of salvation and wrapped me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom wears a priestly headdress, as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.11For as the earth brings forth its growth, and as a garden enables seed to spring up, so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring up before all the nations.

1 “Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.2 See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the LORD rises upon you and his glory appears over you.3 Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn.4 “Lift up your eyes and look about you: All assemble and come to you; your sons come from afar, and your daughters are carried on the hip.5 Then you will look and be radiant, your heart will throb and swell with joy; the wealth on the seas will be brought to you, to you the riches of the nations will come 6 Herds of camels will cover your land, young camels of Midian and Ephah. And all from Sheba will come, bearing gold and incense and proclaiming the praise of the LORD.7 All Kedar’s flocks will be gathered to you, the rams of Nebaioth will serve you; they will be accepted as offerings on my altar, and I will adorn my glorious temple.8 “Who are these that fly along like clouds, like doves to their nests?9 Surely the islands look to me; in the lead are the ships of Tarshish, bringing your children from afar, with their silver and gold, to the honor of the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, for he has endowed you with splendor.10 “Foreigners will rebuild your walls, and their kings will serve you. Though in anger I struck you, in favor I will show you compassion.11 Your gates will always stand open, they will never be shut, day or night, so that people may bring you the wealth of the nations— their kings led in triumphal procession.12 For the nation or kingdom that will not serve you will perish; it will be utterly ruined.13 “The glory of Lebanon will come to you, the juniper, the fir and the cypress together, to adorn my sanctuary; and I will glorify the place for my feet.14 The children of your oppressors will come bowing before you; all who despise you will bow down at your feet and will call you the City of the LORD, Zion of the Holy One of Israel.

22This is what the Lord GOD says: “Behold, I will lift My hand to the nations, and raise My banner to the peoples. They will bring your sons in their arms and carry your daughters on their shoulders.23Kings will be your foster fathers, and their queens your nursing mothers. They will bow to you face down and lick the dust at your feet. Then you will know that I am the LORD; those who hope in Me will never be put to shame.”

These scriptures will find their full consummation in Israels kingdom: note the greatness of the nation, in being a great multitude, as well as the blessed preeminent firstborn position, all nations will pour unto Israel paying homage to the nation, with gifts of tribute knowing that the God of Israel, is the God of gods and Lod of Lords, and Israel His blessed people, all the nations of the earth that submit to Gods rule through His ruling Nation, will be blessed with world peace, agricultural blessing, health, along with the longevity of life (Isa.2:1-4; Zech.14:16-21).

When we open the pages of the New Testament, we find the nation of Israel still under gentile oppression for their violation of the mosaic covenant, the times of the gentiles where still under way they nation was looking for their full national restoration in fulfillment of Daniels 70-week prophecy (Lk.2:1-2; Dan. 9:1-27)).The faithful members of the nation were waiting for the Coming messiah that would redeem the nation and restore the Kingdom to Israel, waiting for the coming of the crushing stone, that would crush the gentile oppressive beast kingdoms of this earth, and would establish the kingdom of heaven on earth, to which Israel would rule (Lk.1:72-80;2:30-32,36-38; 24:21; Acts.1:6; Dan.2:36-45;7:27)

Last edited:
Reactions: Soyeong

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
In Matthew 4:15-23, Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, and God's law is how his audience knew what sin is (Romans 3:20), which is in accordance with Jesus being sent as the fulfillment of the promise to bless us by turning us from our wickedness (Acts 3:25-26), so being blessed turning from our wickedness in disobedience to God's law is central to the Gospel of the Kingdom. So the body of Christ and the Kingdom of God is composed of people who have turned from their wickedness and are living in obedience to God's law in accordance with believing the Gospel. In Galatian 3:8, this Gospel was made known in advance to Abraham in accordance with the promise, which he spread to those in Haran in accordance with the promise in Genesis 12:1-5, so this is when the body of Christ began, and you are right to emphasize the importance of this passage. God's law is how the children of Abraham knew how to be blessed by walking in His way (Psalms 119:1-3), so the way that the children of Abraham are multiplied and the nations of the earth are blessed in accordance with inheriting the promise by faith is through spreading the Gospel of the Kingdom.

In Genesis 18:19, God knew Abraham that he would teach his children and those of his household to walk in God's way by doing righteousness and justice that the Lord may bring to him all that He has promised. In Genesis 26:4-5, God will multiply Abraham's children as the stars in the heaven, to his children he will give all of these lands, and through his children all of the nations of the earth will be blessed because Abraham heard God's voice and guarded His charge, His commandments, His statutes, and His laws. In Deuteronomy 30:16, if the children of Abraham will love God with all of their heart by waking in God's way in obedience to His commandments, statutes, and laws, then they will live and multiply and God will bless them in the land that they go to possess. So the promise was made to Abraham and brought about because he walked in God's way in obedience to His law, he taught his children and those of his household how to do that, and because his children did that.

In John 8:39, Jesus said that if they were children of Abraham, then they would be doing the same works that he did, so being children of Abraham is not about being his physical descendants, but about walking in God's way in obedience to His law and blessing others by turning them from their wickedness and teaching them how to do that, which is spreading the Gospel in accordance with the promise, and all who are part of the body of Christ are children of Abraham, heirs to the promise (Galatians 3:29).

Upvote 0

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In Matthew 4:15-23, Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, and God's law is how his audience knew what sin is (Romans 3:20), which is in accordance with Jesus being sent as the fulfillment of the promise to bless us by turning us from our wickedness (Acts 3:25-26), so being blessed turning from our wickedness in disobedience to God's law is central to the Gospel of the Kingdom. So the body of Christ and the Kingdom of God is composed of people who have turned from their wickedness and are living in obedience to God's law in accordance with believing the Gospel. In Galatian 3:8, this Gospel was made known in advance to Abraham in accordance with the promise, which he spread to those in Haran in accordance with the promise in Genesis 12:1-5, so this is when the body of Christ began, and you are right to emphasize the importance of this passage. God's law is how the children of Abraham knew how to be blessed by walking in His way (Psalms 119:1-3), so the way that the children of Abraham are multiplied and the nations of the earth are blessed in accordance with inheriting the promise by faith is through spreading the Gospel of the Kingdom.

In Genesis 18:19, God knew Abraham that he would teach his children and those of his household to walk in God's way by doing righteousness and justice that the Lord may bring to him all that He has promised. In Genesis 26:4-5, God will multiply Abraham's children as the stars in the heaven, to his children he will give all of these lands, and through his children all of the nations of the earth will be blessed because Abraham heard God's voice and guarded His charge, His commandments, His statutes, and His laws. In Deuteronomy 30:16, if the children of Abraham will love God with all of their heart by waking in God's way in obedience to His commandments, statutes, and laws, then they will live and multiply and God will bless them in the land that they go to possess. So the promise was made to Abraham and brought about because he walked in God's way in obedience to His law, he taught his children and those of his household how to do that, and because his children did that.

In John 8:39, Jesus said that if they were children of Abraham, then they would be doing the same works that he did, so being children of Abraham is not about being his physical descendants, but about walking in God's way in obedience to His law and blessing others by turning them from their wickedness and teaching them how to do that, which is spreading the Gospel in accordance with the promise, and all who are part of the body of Christ are children of Abraham, heirs to the promise (Galatians 3:29).

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When we open the pages of the New Testament, we find the nation of Israel still under gentile oppression
Your whole premise is in error, as you refer to the House of Judah here, the Jewish people, not the separate peoples descended from the House of Israel. The ten Northern tribes taken into captivity 135 years before Judah was. Judah returned, but Israel remains scattered among the nations.

Until you make this distinction, all your pronouncements are wrong.

Upvote 0

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your whole premise is in error, as you refer to the House of Judah here, the Jewish people, not the separate peoples descended from the House of Israel. The ten Northern tribes taken into captivity 135 years before Judah was. Judah returned, but Israel remains scattered among the nations.

The dispersion that Peters and James wrote to, that attended Pentecost from all nations, that where Jews, I know, but this is the name they all members from all tribes identified as after the return from captivity.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The dispersion that Peters and James wrote to, that attended Pentecost from all nations, that where Jews, I know, but this is the name they all members from all tribes identified as after the return from captivity.
A few from the ten Northern tribes of Israel, did join with Judah, but the bulk were taken to Northern Assyria- the Caucasus region. Their descendants are the Caucasian peoples today.
Proved by how their numbers would be as many as the sands of the sea. Judah was and is; never very numerous.

You have to deny much New Testament teachings and reality, to think that the Jews are still God's chosen people.

Upvote 0

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think your trying to teach that we are the scattered tribes of Israel, all who are members of the church because we have Jewish blood, no write??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A few from the ten Northern tribes of Israel, did join with Judah, but the bulk were taken to Northern Assyria- the Caucasus region. Their descendants are the Caucasian peoples today.
Proved by how their numbers would be as many as the sands of the sea. Judah was and is; never very numerous.

You have to deny much New Testament teachings and reality, to think that the Jews are still God's chosen people.
Dispensational truth will save you from that old theological error.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In Galatian 3:8, this Gospel was made known in advance to Abraham in accordance with the promise, which he spread to those in Haran in accordance with the promise in Genesis 12:1-5, so this is when the body of Christ began,
The church, the body of Christ, began in Luke 24:44-48, after the resurrection. Before Jesus's resurrection, the gospel of Salvation was kept secret from man's understanding.

Here are verses before the crucifixion and resurrection. Jesus told the disciples what was going to happen to him before he was crucified, but the understanding was kept hidden from them and everyone else, until after the resurrection.

Here it is in Luke 18, about it being kept hidden from the disciples' understanding....

31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next go to Luke 24:44-48, to where the church began....

After the resurrection, Jesus appeared to the disciples in their midst. In verse 44, Jesus reminded the disciples of what he said was going to happen in Luke 18 above, but the understanding was hid from the them before the crucifixion took place.

In verse 45, Jesus opened their understanding of the gospel of Salvation. And sends them to preach to the nations, as witnesses.

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is also important to know that the gospel of Savlation, the understanding of it, was hidden before the resurrection.

Because otherwise, Satan and his angels (the princes of this world) would not have sought to have Jesus's crucified - because in doing so, they unwittingly made it possible for God to justly judge them for their sins - while allowing God to justly forgive man for his sins.

Here are the verses...

1Corinthians2:7-8.

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I think your trying to teach that we are the scattered tribes of Israel,
That is the great Truth of scripture.
We Christians ARE the Israelites of God. Galatians 6:14-16

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is the great Truth of scripture.
We Christians ARE the Israelites of God. Galatians 6:14-16
during the acts period gentiles where Graffed into the blessing of Abraham, that will find their fulfillment in Israels national inheritance. And this was through identification with Christ by faith through the spirit. So, to say that gentiles had rite to this by being blood descendants of the Jews is a serious carnally based heresy that goes against much scripture, I think this is what the kkk believe I really can't entertain this belief, I suggest you read some books on rightly diving the word of truth and reconsider your belief in this.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I suggest you read some books on rightly diving the word of truth and reconsider your belief in this.
You need to read the Bible and understand God's Plan for His faithful people; from every tribe, race, nation and language. Revelation 5:9

But God's Plans for those who reject His Son, are for their destruction. Amos 2:4-5, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Jeremiah 10:18, + and only a remnant will survive. Romans 9:27

Upvote 0

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You need to read the Bible and understand God's Plan for His faithful people; from every tribe, race, nation and language. Revelation 5:9

But God's Plans for those who reject His Son, are for their destruction. Amos 2:4-5, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Jeremiah 10:18, + and only a remnant will survive. Romans 9:27

Upvote 0