When Demons / Fallen Angels Appear As People (Very Interesting Video)

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, the conclusion is that "space aliens" are really just demons / fallen angels.

Here's a quote from the site written by Archbishop Chrysostomos of Etna that makes reference to Father Seraphim Rose' book "Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future" :

Alien Abductions and the Orthodox Christian

"It is worthy of note that the late Father Seraphim Rose, in his book Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future (Platina, CA: Saint Herman of Alaska Brotherhood, 1990; Revised Edition), has also examined the phenomenon of alien visitations to earth from an Orthodox standpoint. He devotes an entire chapter of this work, "‘Signs from Heaven:’ An Orthodox Christian Understanding of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs)," to the true nature and meaning of alien contacts with human beings. Though Father Seraphim, at a superficial level, approaches this matter in a way reminiscent of Protestant fundamentalistic thinking, and while his materials are dated and center only on more sensationalistic abduction reports—deficits compounded by the fact that some of the authorities whom he cites are clearly on the fringes of science—, his deeper analysis of the phenomenon is ingenious and supports much of what I have suggested about alien encounters with humans. He also observes that the aliens in contemporary abduction reports are similar in appearance to the demons which, for centuries, have been described in Orthodox literature (p. 134). In fact, he recounts two cases of demonic "kidnappings" in fifteenth- and nineteenth-century Russia that, in Father Seraphim’s words, are "quite close to UFO ‘abductions’" today (pp. 136-137). It is his conclusion that classical demonic possession, known to the Orthodox Church for centuries, accounts for the alien abductions that we see in modern times and that "...modern men, for all their proud ‘enlightenment’ and ‘wisdom,’ are becoming once more aware of such experiences—but no longer have the Christian framework with which to explain them" (p. 137). This conclusion perfectly reflects what I have said about alien abductions and how they should be understood and viewed by the Orthodox Christian."
Now see, that all makes perfect sense. And that's what I'd expect to hear from Orthodoxy.

The one "evidence" I stumbled across and watched for all of maybe 30 seconds was a video with narration by Fr Seraphim supposedly teaching about aliens from outer space being real - but it was in Greek which I had no hope of following especially then.

I've pretty much ignored the "charges" thinking they were very possibly misplaced.

Thank you for the info.

If the book examines contemporary society and beliefs as a whole compared to Orthodox knowledge, it could be very interesting.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

abacabb3

Jul 14, 2013
✟82,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There has Been a few times that I'm pretty sure I've experienced something like this. It's interesting to actually see it talked about in this video:

creepy muttering during the background music

Upvote 0