• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

When asked “Are you married?” from a total stranger.

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by blessedintrovert, Jun 23, 2019.

1. blessedintrovert

blessedintrovert New Member

+31
    Non-Denom
    Private
    A total stranger introduced herself to me at a party I went to today. She asked for my name and out of blue she asked “Are you married?” Of course I said no yet the weird thing was I heard her tell someone else she was with someone. This doesn’t make must sense. I wonder what this means or I am jumping to conclusions.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. devin553344

devin553344 I believe in the Resurrection

+2,150
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Sounds like conversation to me, probably means nothing.

3. JAM2b

JAM2b Newbie

+1,568
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    She may have just been trying to get to know you. Or she could have been asking for a friend.

4. blessedintrovert

+31
    Non-Denom
    Private
    It’s an interesting situation because I’ve never been asked that question before by anyone in my life that close or the when are you getting married question as well Even close relatives who have known me for a long time don’t even ask me these questions. This question made me think and wonder what God is doing in my life. I Also have no intention of getting married at this point of my life.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  5. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+5,181
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    I like to put people back in the hot seat, so my favorite answer is, "No. Why do you ask?"

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. blessedintrovert

+31
    Non-Denom
    Private
    That is a good comeback.

7. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+4,459
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    She would expect a witty response from you.

I'm not really good at these replies is probably one good reason, I'm still single.

8. Miles

Miles Well-Known Member

+2,597
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    It's a fair question. Maybe she just wanted to joke about marriage with other married people, or something along those lines. More often, people ask me if I have any kids. Usually in the context of their kid is eating Elmer's glue, or has a piano recital etc.

9. blessedintrovert

+31
    Non-Denom
    Private
    The funny thing thing I will never see her again.

10. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+4,459
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    You could expect ladies asking you "trick" questions in the future. Be sure to have witty replies with you.

The goal is that your reply strikes their curiosity and humor to start a conversation going.

Practice helps. I never get any practice so I'm terrible at it.

11. blessedintrovert

+31
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I agree, I am the same.