1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When are attacks on churches classified as hate crimes?

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, May 22, 2022.

1. Michie

Michie Standing by the Ukraine. Supporter

+48,230
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Both local and federal authorities are considering hate crimes charges against the man who attacked a California church on May 15

Two days after a deadly shooting at a California church, the U.S. House of Representatives voted to offer more security resources to religious communities.

Under the Nonprofit Security Grant Program Improvement Act, which passed the House on Tuesday, the amount of money available each year for houses of worship, faith-based schools and other nonprofits to use for safety improvements would double and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, which manages the funds, would create an office tasked with boosting participation in the program.

The bill is now being considered by the Senate. Even if it passes, the House and Senate Appropriations committees will have final say on the program’s annual budget, which currently stands at $250 million, according to a statement on the bill’s passage from the Orthodox Union.

Continued below.
    How many hate crimes happen at church? Your questions, answered

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ByTheSpirit

ByTheSpirit Pray always!!

+3,786
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Bless those who persecute you. Bless and do not curse. From a secular legal standpoint they should be classified as such. From a faith standpoint, who cares. Vengeance is mine I will repay says the LORD

3. WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel I close my eyes and see you smile Supporter

+7,956
    Catholic
    Private
    That's awesome.
    Because the Churches need to have protections.