When accidents make art

J_B_

I have answers to questions no one ever asks.
May 15, 2020
Midwest
✟109,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Film is a hobby of mine, and yesterday I was using a drone to try to get an aerial shot of a church. I was trying to make the drone sweep along the side of the church and was struggling to get what I wanted. My approach was safety first - good camera work second.

A wind gust caught the drone, and for a moment I lost control. When I regained control, I grounded the drone.

Thing is, the wind caused it to make a beautiful sweep around the steeple of the church - a beautiful shot - my best ever with a drone. And it was an accident.

Go figure.

J_B_

May 15, 2020
Midwest
✟109,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I so wanted to see it. Can you post the shot?

I wasn't intending to share - it's just one shot, not the complete film. The anecdote was meant as a contemplation on the creative process.

But I guess I could. Is it possible to upload video to CF, or do I need to post it on YouTube and link?

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wasn't intending to share - it's just one shot, not the complete film. The anecdote was meant as a contemplation on the creative process.

But I guess I could. Is it possible to upload video to CF, or do I need to post it on YouTube and link?

I'm not sure. Sorry.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you have any artistic projects?

No. I'm a huge fan of art. Before the pandemic I spent a good bit of my free time at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. But, as for myself, I can barely sign my name. ;)

Upvote 0

J_B_

May 15, 2020
Midwest
✟109,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No. I'm a huge fan of art. Before the pandemic I spent a good bit of my free time at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. But, as for myself, I can barely sign my name. ;)

Art involves some transcendent experiences that are interesting to discuss in the light of spirituality.

• Agree
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Art involves some transcendent experiences that are interesting to discuss in the light of spirituality.

I had an artist friend in college who painted trees. He said they reminded him of human spirituality in that they are firmly grounded in earth, yet reaching for that which transcends the mundane. I haven't looked at trees the same way since.

Upvote 0