seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We see these three in several places in scripture. I am quite persuaded that they are indicative of the body, the blood, and the Holy Spirit because Jesus is the Bread of Life. He is the Bread come down from heaven. He took the cup and said that this is His blood, the blood of the new covenant poured out for us, and the Holy Spirit, or the anointing, and been represented by oil.

Here's an example of the three found together in scripture. Now I do know that this is referring primarily to Israel being brought back form Babylonian captivity, and then again when they were scattered among the nations and were brought back to form a nation once again. However it reaches further into time for us in the New Covenant who have been grafted in.
Jeremiah 31:12 Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion,
Streaming to the goodness of the Lord—
For wheat and new wine and oil,
For the young of the flock and the herd;
Their souls shall be like a well-watered garden,
And they shall sorrow no more at all.

Any thoughts on the 3 metaphors - wheat, wine, and oil?

Reactions: PastorMike

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
We see these three in several places in scripture. I am quite persuaded that they are indicative of the body, the blood, and the Holy Spirit because Jesus is the Bread of Life. He is the Bread come down from heaven. He took the cup and said that this is His blood, the blood of the new covenant poured out for us, and the Holy Spirit, or the anointing, and been represented by oil.

Here's an example of the three found together in scripture. Now I do know that this is referring primarily to Israel being brought back form Babylonian captivity, and then again when they were scattered among the nations and were brought back to form a nation once again. However it reaches further into time for us in the New Covenant who have been grafted in.
Jeremiah 31:12 Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion,
Streaming to the goodness of the Lord—
For wheat and new wine and oil,
For the young of the flock and the herd;
Their souls shall be like a well-watered garden,
And they shall sorrow no more at all.

Any thoughts on the 3 metaphors - wheat, wine, and oil?
Wow. That onion can be peeled for many, many layers. Wonderful.

Yes, wheat is our bread, the Bread of Life, the Word, we eat the Word and we gain our spiritual (and thus our physical) strength from it.

The new wine is our joy and happiness, it is the blood that we drink from the Word that provides our cleansing and sanctification. It provides our satisfaction spiritually.

And the oil certainly is the anointing, the Holy Spirit, the Life giving guidance in our lives.

When I see the three together in scripture as something God is providing or giving, I see prosperity. When I see the three as part of the sacrifices back to God I see the role of our prosperity to build the kingdom in worship of our God. We acting as distribution centers of all the good that God gives us.

The verse you quoted from Jeremiah speaks of the "goodness" (NKJV), or the "bounty" (NASB); and it says our souls will be a "well-watered garden." What better picture of wholeness, of prosperity?

Yes, peel back the onion here and this will speak wonderful things.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I found it again! Of course, all scripture is in there at least 2-3 times. It's taken me a while to keep up on this, but here I am again, and here is another place in scripture where we see this wonderful picture of Jesus and the Holy Spirit - the Word and the Spirit.

Psalm 104:He causes grass to grow for the livestock
and provides crops for man to cultivate,
producing food from the earth,
15 wine that makes man’s heart glad—
making his face shine with oil—
and bread that strengthens man’s heart

I particularly like this as it is written because we see something true and glorious in the effect of each one.

Wine makes man's heart glad.
Wine represents the blood.

Think about it. What happens every time you take of that cup of forgiveness? What happens when you think of that blood, the precious blood of the spotless Son of God poured out for you? What happens when you realize that all your sins are forgiven because of that blood? What happens? Our hearts are glad!!!!!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Dance, dance, dance!
Yes, my heart is dancing!

I am free!!!!

I am accepted in the Beloved!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

All right, moving on to the next one, though you may stop here and rejoice for hours if you like. It would be entirely appropriate and very fitting for the King.

...making his face shine with oil
Oil represents the Holy Spirit.

What happens when you are filled with the Holy Spirit, I mean really full of the Holy Spirit, when you've been drinking of that fount? Listen to what Jesus said here. He was talking about this very thing, this wonderful one who we may have filling our being, filling our hearts and minds.
John 7:37 Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’” 39 But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Jesus has been glorified, and the Spirit has been given. So take of Him!!! Receive Him!!!

Notice even the fact that it says wine makes man's heart glad "making" his face shine.
The blood had to be poured out first. That offering had to be made and presented in the true Holy of Holies to forever, once and for all, make clean those it was shed for. Once that happened the Holy Spirit could be sent, and now anyone who will receive forgiveness, and anyone who will receive the Holy Spirit may have forgiveness and great joy!!! It will make your face shine!! People see the glory of the Lord on you.
Isaiah 60:“Arise, shine; for your light has come,
And the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.
2 “For behold, darkness will cover the earth
And deep darkness the peoples;
But the Lord will rise upon you
And His glory will appear upon you.

And bread that strengthens man's heart.
Bread represents the Word of God.

Jesus, the Bread come down form heaven is the Word of God.
What does the Word do? What happens when you meditate this Word? What happens when you get it in your heart and it comes out of your mouth? What happens when you feed on it?
Strength comes! It's food for our spirit. It strengthens our very core.

Praise the Lord for wonderful truths throughout His Word, truths that point to Jesus!

Upvote 0