What's your view on psychedelics as medicine?

Is psychedelics as medicine a good idea or not?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Maniel

Jul 26, 2019
Aarhus
✟22,672.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would like to hear your thoughts on psychedelics as medicine for various disorders and addictions. There are many new studies in recent years, that examine the use of psychedelics use for mental disorders such as anxiety, depression, PTSD etc. There seem to be some good evidence, that over 50% of those who take a psychedelic substance are able to stop addictions. And there any many testimonies of people who get new psychological perspectives on what might be the cause for their social issues and what steps could be fruitful to heal. Which is under careful settings, a supervisor and a therapist. I'm not saying this should be the way or the only. I believe in the healing power of God and Jesus as the ultimate source for all healing. Without God we have no foundation for hope, meaning and love. But different traumas and anxieties may still haunt many people. It's socially accepted that we intake opiates in some situations, like an operation to manage pain. It will give the person the emotions of being high, and the person may say some things afterwards that aren't in their full control. This seem to be the standard stance against psychedelics. What is your opinion that we side step psychedelics as a medicine that may offer healing, like opiates, SSRI blockers and so on, if it's used carefully and with intent, not as recreation to get high. Not as stand-alone, but a time limited means to take the steps in the right direction? Let's say someone is suffering from anxiety, they don't have the insights or social skills, courage or motivation to seek help or step into social arenas that will fulfil the social needs we all have or offer the training.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not for general release. My experience from Western Medicine is that they have a hard time looking you in the eye and knowing your name. When they get to that point, then someday will be possible. But they are a long way from being spirit guides.

Reactions: Maniel
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On one hand God created the plants and all with certain medicinal properties but psychedelic experiences are participating in sorcery. In many societies the Shamans would trip out on the psychedelic plants and experience encounters with demonic beings and that is still going on even without the meds through meditation techniques many have had these same encounters. Now the word for sorcery is the same Greek word we get Pharmacy out of. Perhaps in ultra low doses there may be a benefit.

Upvote 0

Maniel

Jul 26, 2019
Aarhus
✟22,672.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not for general release. My experience from Western Medicine is that they have a hard time looking you in the eye and knowing your name. When they get to that point, then someday will be possible. But they are a long way from being spirit guides.

You're right, a general release would probably be harmful if everyone had access. Are you saying that psychologists aren't seeing the person with love and compassion, a human being created in the image of God, but rather they are using methods and the person are kind of objectified? That might be true in some sense.

On one hand God created the plants and all with certain medicinal properties but psychedelic experiences are participating in sorcery. In many societies the Shamans would trip out on the psychedelic plants and experience encounters with demonic beings and that is still going on even without the meds through meditation techniques many have had these same encounters. Now the word for sorcery is the same Greek word we get Pharmacy out of. Perhaps in ultra low doses there may be a benefit.

That's interesting. At higher doses you would be highly sceptical, when hallucinations occur? Let's say colours are much brighter, the skies begins to show different patterns and waves. At even larger doses people are saying that other entities are revealing themselves, Iron Elves and what not people are describing. This is where I get worried.

But the visual kind of hallucinations that can also lead to some deeper reflections when you close your eyes I see as quite beneficial. If it's done without the rituals and seeking of other entities. But simply for the therapeutic reasons, thoughts, experiences from the past that you want to think through. But perhaps I'm simply making excuses for something that is very dangerous and potentially evil. I want to be careful in justifying it as good, but my own experience is that it has lead me to some degrees of clarity. That ultimately I need God in every bit of my life. A feeling that I want to surrender, that I need fellowship in a church. But again, people get these without psychedelics, and ultimately it's His Spirit that reach our heart and convert us form sin I believe. I ´want to stop completely with psychedelics, but as for now I feel they can be helpful to understand certain social situations that I have been emotionally detached from over the years.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I would like to hear your thoughts on psychedelics as medicine for various disorders and addictions. There are many new studies in recent years, that examine the use of psychedelics use for mental disorders such as anxiety, depression, PTSD etc. There seem to be some good evidence, that over 50% of those who take a psychedelic substance are able to stop addictions. And there any many testimonies of people who get new psychological perspectives on what might be the cause for their social issues and what steps could be fruitful to heal. Which is under careful settings, a supervisor and a therapist. I'm not saying this should be the way or the only. I believe in the healing power of God and Jesus as the ultimate source for all healing. Without God we have no foundation for hope, meaning and love. But different traumas and anxieties may still haunt many people. It's socially accepted that we intake opiates in some situations, like an operation to manage pain. It will give the person the emotions of being high, and the person may say some things afterwards that aren't in their full control. This seem to be the standard stance against psychedelics. What is your opinion that we side step psychedelics as a medicine that may offer healing, like opiates, SSRI blockers and so on, if it's used carefully and with intent, not as recreation to get high. Not as stand-alone, but a time limited means to take the steps in the right direction? Let's say someone is suffering from anxiety, they don't have the insights or social skills, courage or motivation to seek help or step into social arenas that will fulfil the social needs we all have or offer the training.

If it’s natural medicine then yes of course, God has created it. All natural medicines are 100% good in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You're right, a general release would probably be harmful if everyone had access. Are you saying that psychologists aren't seeing the person with love and compassion, a human being created in the image of God, but rather they are using methods and the person are kind of objectified? That might be true in some sense.

That's interesting. At higher doses you would be highly sceptical, when hallucinations occur? Let's say colours are much brighter, the skies begins to show different patterns and waves. At even larger doses people are saying that other entities are revealing themselves, Iron Elves and what not people are describing. This is where I get worried.

But the visual kind of hallucinations that can also lead to some deeper reflections when you close your eyes I see as quite beneficial. If it's done without the rituals and seeking of other entities. But simply for the therapeutic reasons, thoughts, experiences from the past that you want to think through. But perhaps I'm simply making excuses for something that is very dangerous and potentially evil. I want to be careful in justifying it as good, but my own experience is that it has lead me to some degrees of clarity. That ultimately I need God in every bit of my life. A feeling that I want to surrender, that I need fellowship in a church. But again, people get these without psychedelics, and ultimately it's His Spirit that reach our heart and convert us form sin I believe. I ´want to stop completely with psychedelics, but as for now I feel they can be helpful to understand certain social situations that I have been emotionally detached from over the years.
hi are you familiar with a guy named David Icke? he is a English guy who has a huge following regarding conspiracy theory type stuff but ,such of what he says is true and I have studied the deception of powers and principalities for 30 years and in this aspect Icke is excellent. Now Icke is against the Luciferian cult and he also is against Jesus Christ. He got his new vision for life while high on some plant from South America that I can not spell well or pronounce but illwasca is what it sounds like. Anyways Icke encountered what he calls higher reality and he openly teaches another gospel that is in line with a bunch of other new age teachers and in fact he tells people to get a good psychic and has influenced many who could have been led to Jesus to believe in a New Age Aquarian evolution of consciousness as our greatest hope. This is why I am against this stuff you can find Jesus without it and that is the highest information one can find.

Upvote 0

RondalovesChrist

Nov 2, 2021
Vancouver
✟16,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married

I'm a mental health therapist and I am all for esketamine treatment. I've seen an average 80% reduction in depression and anxiety for my clients who receive this treatment. I would MUCH rather see a client get a round of esketamine treatment and move on, than see them on antidepressants or anti-anxiety drugs forever.

Reactions: Parmallia
Upvote 0

LeGato

LCMS/Crypto-Amish
Nov 17, 2021
Neuschwabenland
✟14,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Drugs, especially psychedelics, opens your mind up to the demonic world.

Upvote 0