Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
There was another thread about this where I shared some pics of my room from our old house, but I can't find it now. It was old anyway so I'm starting a new one. What's your room like?

Mine is pretty big & has some nice trees right outside the window. It makes me feel like I'm in a treehouse, lol. It needs a LOT of work on the decoration side of things, lol. It still has the wallpaper & those glow in the dark stars you stick on the ceiling from the boy lived here before we bought the house. We've just have a lot of other stuff to do 1st before getting around to changing my room.

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My room is smaller than a jail cell.
A bed directly to the right of me, as I sit in my chair, a stand to the left (also a tv). Its about 14x5 feet. 5 feet back 14 wide.
There's a useless window that peers into my room from the other house that's connected to this one.

Don't get me wrong, love having my own space, but it gets a little cramped ya know? :)

Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
My room is smaller than a jail cell.
A bed directly to the right of me, as I sit in my chair, a stand to the left (also a tv). Its about 14x5 feet. 5 feet back 14 wide.
There's a useless window that peers into my room from the other house that's connected to this one.

Don't get me wrong, love having my own space, but it gets a little cramped ya know? :)

That describes my room when we lived in Chicago. It was so tiny I slept in a toddler bed until I outgrew it totally, just to have more floor space. I then got a pretty cool loft bed. My window overlooked the alley where the dumpsters were. All the other bedrooms were on the other side & had nice views. I still liked my room a lot. Having your own space is def. nice. When we moved I had to share a room with my sister for a while. Love her, but she snores, lol. :D

Upvote 0

Thrash Metalhead

I'm not so Grump
Sep 21, 2015
North Carolina
✟33,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My room is pretty small. There's 2 beds, one where I sleep and the other used to belong to my sister but she moved to the guest room right across from my room. A lot of her things are still in her dresser and under her bed in a trundle. I put all my stuff in my trundle too but there's so much stuff in there so I put them in a drawer or on top of her bed. I have several shoes laying around the floor which needs to be vacuumed. I really need to clean my room because I keep finding these little bugs around and that freaked me out so much.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
My room is pretty small. There's 2 beds, one where I sleep and the other used to belong to my sister but she moved to the guest room right across from my room. A lot of her things are still in her dresser and under her bed in a trundle. I put all my stuff in my trundle too but there's so much stuff in there so I put them in a drawer or on top of her bed. I have several shoes laying around the floor which needs to be vacuumed. I really need to clean my room because I keep finding these little bugs around and that freaked me out so much.

I found this weird bug on my headboard the other day. It freaked me out. :eek: My room is pretty clean.

Can your sister move her stuff into her room so you have more room for your stuff in yours?

Upvote 0

Thrash Metalhead

I'm not so Grump
Sep 21, 2015
North Carolina
✟33,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I found this weird bug on my headboard the other day. It freaked me out. :eek: My room is pretty clean.

Can your sister move her stuff into her room so you have more room for your stuff in yours?
What did the bug look like? Was it big or small? I think I was able to identify what those bugs in my room were but now I'm a bit more worried since I keep finding them. (Not anymore though. I haven't seen one for a couple months now.)

I don't think I could ask her to because she's already moved all the stuff she needed. Only her drawers are pretty empty so I could put my stuff there but the stuff in the trundle are not going anywhere since she doesn't have enough space in her room to put them anywhere.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
What did the bug look like? Was it big or small? I think I was able to identify what those bugs in my room were but now I'm a bit more worried since I keep finding them. (Not anymore though. I haven't seen one for a couple months now.)

It was small but not tiny. At 1st I thought it was a smudge of something like mud on my headboard bc it didn't look like a bug. I looked closer at it & it moved, so I knew it was a bug. It was like the size of a pencil eraser & black with a hard round shell. I've never seen one like it before. I looked up pics of bed bugs & it didn't really look like one but it still freaked me out. My mom said I should have saved it to show the bug guy who sprays. She said to put it in a baggie if I see one again. I hope I don't see one again!

Upvote 0

Thrash Metalhead

I'm not so Grump
Sep 21, 2015
North Carolina
✟33,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was small but not tiny. At 1st I thought it was a smudge of something like mud on my headboard bc it didn't look like a bug. I looked closer at it & it moved, so I knew it was a bug. It was like the size of a pencil eraser & black with a hard round shell. I've never seen one like it before. I looked up pics of bed bugs & it didn't really look like one but it still freaked me out. My mom said I should have saved it to show the bug guy who sprays. She said to put it in a baggie if I see one again. I hope I don't see one again!
Maybe a carpet beetle? Those were the bugs I was mentioning in my other posts and while the adult ones don't really creep me out as much as the larvae, they can be a real problem to your belongings cuz they just like to eat em up.

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like a tick, if so you really need to get your house clean of em. Those things are nasty little creatures, give ya diseases.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Maybe a carpet beetle? Those were the bugs I was mentioning in my other posts and while the adult ones don't really creep me out as much as the larvae, they can be a real problem to your belongings cuz they just like to eat em up.

Sounds like a tick, if so you really need to get your house clean of em. Those things are nasty little creatures, give ya diseases.

You're both brilliant. I wouldn't have thought of either of those. I looked up pics on Google & it doesn't look exactly like either one but it looks more like a carpet beetle. Or maybe an ordinary black beetle. I don't have carpet in my room. I do have a rug. Whatever it was it was a good motivator to make my room spick and span!

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I just wanted to weigh in on the mysterious bug - could it be a pill bug, also called a "roly-poly"? Sometimes I get them in the house when it rains. They are actually crustaceans, not insects.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I just wanted to weigh in on the mysterious bug - could it be a pill bug, also called a "roly-poly"? Sometimes I get them in the house when it rains. They are actually crustaceans, not insects.

Thanks! It hasn't come back thankfully! I think it's because there's a tree branch that's too close to my window. Bugs just go from it inside.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The room I'm in at the moment isn't the one I live in during the majority of the year, but since my parents also recently moved and I haven't made my rooms at home or at school feel like my own yet, it's the one that is currently the most endearing to me and reflective of my tastes. When my mom was a child my grandparents bought a house in Lake Arrowhead to create a home base for the family since they were in the military and moving around every few years. My parents bought the house from them when I was little, so this is the room I've had the longest even though it's never one I've lived in during the school year. It's fairly small, and dominated by a queen size bed meant for relaxing and soaking up the views of the lake. There's no desk or other such practicalities. I'll share a picture because it shows a couple of ideas of what you could possibly do to liven up your room since you're disappointed with the dullness of the paint color.

IMG_2849.jpg

Instead of repainting the entire room, which would require more effort, time, and expense, you might be able to convince your parents to let you paint an accent wall. Initially I'd painted the entire room the turquoise blue color you can see on the two side walls (it's also on the unseen wall). The paint color is called Tranquil Blue, but when enveloped by it the tranquility was lost, and it felt more like Smurf Blue. It was too bright, too blue. I was inspired by the colors of the lake in the early morning when there's a serene gray sky above the lake. I bought a silverly gray to paint the back wall, and it created the calmer effect I was hoping to achieve since this is a room where I come to relax.

If you can't repaint any of the walls, you could try covering them up with stencils, decals, art, or mirrors. The dorms at my school, and at most, are very small, and very drab and impersonal. Adding a wall decal helped to give it personality. This is where I got mine: http://www.whatisblik.com but you can also find them at IKEA, Target, on Amazon, and many other places. You could hand paint a design, or use a stencil. I painted vines, flowers and birds on the walls of my room at our last house. I'd also been disappointed with the Shrek-like color of that room, and instead of repainting it all, I added this technique called ragging, then added the designs. I actually uploaded pictures of that room when I made a thread here about it (which is tucked away in the Christian Teen only section, by mistake), and it's still in my media folder. The mirror you see in the picture above is actually several mirrors from IKEA grouped together. When the curtains are open they reflect the lake. They're called Honeycomb mirrors, and are really inexpensive. You could buy a few packs and create your own arrangement in whatever design you wish.

Painting your furniture might be an option if you can't paint your walls. If yo don't want to paint what you already own, you could look for something inexpensive from a thrift store and experiment with it. My nightstand had been boring, so I painted the drawers in sea colors.

Bedding is a simple and fast way to change the vibe of your room. I used to have a brighter bedding in this room, but just changed to a summer coverlet. I have a lot of pillows because I like lounging on the bed and writing. You could also add wall shelves and fill them with lovely things. I got mine for this room from Barnes & Noble, and just put books, candles, and perfume on them. They're "invisible" shelves that use your books as the ledge. They're inexpensive, and very easy to install.

- Also, flowers and plants are a way to add prettiness to your room affordably.

:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
THANK YOU SO MUCH! :heartbeat: I love all the ideas! I'm going to try all of them. I am going to start with trying to do an accent wall. I like the idea of a decal or stenciling too. I might get fake plants & flowers, real ones die too fast, lol. Your room is very pretty. Where did you get your bedding? :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
THANK YOU SO MUCH! :heartbeat: I love all the ideas! I'm going to try all of them. I am going to start with trying to do an accent wall. I like the idea of a decal or stenciling too. I might get fake plants & flowers, real ones die too fast, lol. Your room is very pretty. Where did you get your bedding? :)

You're most welcome. :)

The coverlet is from Anthropologie; the bedspread at the end of the bed is from IKEA but I use the reverse side that's a mellower turquoise; the Euro shams are from Bed, Bath, and Beyond; and the songbird pillows are from Urban Outfitters, but I combined RIT dyes in teal and soft gray to make them fit my sea color scheme.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
This bed with a tiny gap like this on either side lol and this mirror in the corner hah.
I am a sardine.

View attachment 183106

Lol, I can relate. :) We lived in Chicago when I was little & even apartments in nice buildings have small bedrooms. The room I was in the longest was so tiny that my bed with one nightstand beside it covered the whole back wall. Then for a while my sister was sharing the room with me bc our grandpa was staying with us. I slept in the trundle bed. My room now is huge in comparison to that but still really small. I agree with Ella btw, you're beautiful!

Upvote 0