What's your opinion on healing ministries?

Are you for or against healing ministries?

• For

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Against

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Other (explain in response)

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Healers" appear to be very good at curing ailments on stage, but considerably less so in hospitals. They're good at undiagnosed illnesses, an bad at obvious debilitating maladies. Short form, for the most part they appear to be frauds. Let 'em go empty some hospitals, then I'll take them seriously.

Took the words out of my mouth!

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,444.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
God works through our wonderful doctors and nurses etc.

I also believe that God performs many healing miracles today. Faith. Faith can move mountains! Faith in God. Faith in His Son, Our Lord and Saviour.

We love you Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Should not the situation you describe cause us to cry out to Him for real healings rather than have our attention drawn away into bagging the counterfeits?

Should call our attention to prayer actually, prayer for healing of the sick in the world abroad.

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't get your comment at all. It's kind of like saying the following: People die unsaved all the time. Where was God?
I guess the point was that if someone has this gift, he would be using it as much as possible and going to where the sick are. But it seems that they specialize in shows and calling someone up from the audience--that sort of thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If they're selling "healing cloths" they are very likely to be charlatans.

I have heard of healings that happened without the showmanship that the Pentecostal tradition is known for. I'm for that kind of healing ministry.
If they cant heal a dying child they're very likely to be charlatans.

• Agree
Reactions: Athanasius377
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I guess the point was that if someone has this gift, he would be using it as much as possible and going to where the sick are. But it seems that they specialize in shows and calling someone up from the audience--that sort of thing.
Such shows are pretty much a joke. And such jokesters probably wouldn't get hospital credentials anyway. Elmer Gantry and all.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Not all doctors can heal a dying child, so are they also charlatans? If the patient died was the doctor a charlatan?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Did not Jesus heal those that had true faith?
He healed in at least one case where people struggled with it (Mark 9:14-29). Too often, this is turned around into victim-blaming when the "healer" does not successfully heal someone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are some of us who are largely unknown and obedient to exercise this gift as He wills.
I once asked Him why all the folks I have prayed for are not healed - His reply was very clear - the temptation to fall prey to pride would be very great.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,444.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There are some of us who are largely unknown and obedient to exercise this gift as He wills.
I once asked Him why all the folks I have prayed for are not healed - His reply was very clear - the temptation to fall prey to pride would be very great.

You have healed many people?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Jesus still heals today, I have seen it many times.

Yes there are fakes, but His healing love is still available.

Carl, these comments make me think that you pray for healings but are not a "healer" in the sense that most of us have in mind or what is meant when people refer to the gifts of the Holy Spirit, one of which is the gift of healing.

Upvote 0

Athanasius377

Out of the deep I called unto thee O Lord
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cincinnati
✟706,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes. I agree. If Benny Hinn truly has this gift why doesn’t he go to hospice and empty the place? I also believe the purpose for such miracles broadly speaking were to show the power of the Gospel of the Lord and not to awe at someone’s “talent”. And there in lies the problem as one doesn’t hear the Gospel from these folks rather they are fed a false hope for a price

Upvote 0