What's your garden like at this time of year?

Abide with me.

Jan 8, 2021
Norfolk
✟40,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our beautiful flowers are all out in bloom in the UK but days of torrential rain has flattened them all, especially load bearing plants like lupins who couldn't take the strain of being heavily saturated.
Rose bushes are hanging their heads like jilted lovers!
After a terrific heatwave, we are now back to wearing jumpers and putting the heating on!

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Spring has sprung here and flowers are out and looking pretty. The roses are going well so far too. The weather is back and forth a lot, though, so you tend to snatch at an afternoon to get a bit of weeding done.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,291.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So far I hate this new site. My avatar is butchered! I tried to click on statement of faith to no avail. I can't tell a lower case L from an uppercase I.
It certainly is a change and I am slowly adjusting. As they say, change is rarely for the better.

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So far I hate this new site. My avatar is butchered! I tried to click on statement of faith to no avail. I can't tell a lower case L from an uppercase I.
I haven't been in CF for some time, but so far, it's looking ok for me on my laptop.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I haven't been in CF for some time, but so far, it's looking ok for me on my laptop.
Yes, I find it no problem on the laptop, but my phone doesn't like the new format at all.

It is winter here in the UK and not too cold. The worst of the weather comes after Christmas.
I have a gardener now my husband has died, and he is so helpful. The lawn is trimmed, and Scarborough lilies, pink and some red, brighten up a winter's day.
1668819126631.png

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I find it no problem on the laptop, but my phone doesn't like the new format at all.

It is winter here in the UK and not too cold. The worst of the weather comes after Christmas.
I have a gardener now my husband has died, and he is so helpful. The lawn is trimmed, and Scarborough lilies, pink and some red, brighten up a winter's day.
View attachment 323484

Yes, I read about your husband, and I am very sorry that happened. I hope you are journeying well, under the circumstances. :hug:

Those lilies are lovely and such a beautiful colour, mp. So good to have colour in the garden in winter time. I'm glad you have a gardener chap to take care of the heavier work for you. My husband or my son, who lives with us, cuts the lawns here, thankfully. It's been warmer here, but our weather is very volatile at the moment. It's been rare to have a full day of warm sunshine and no wind at all.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
it has been grey today after a misty start and fairly warm. The acers in the garden provide colour and the Scarborough lilies.
I have 3 Christmas cactus in full flower, I must take a photo tomorrow.

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We've had rain and wind these last few days. I managed to snatch an hour or so in the garden yesterday, but generally, it's been horrid out there. Typical Spring weather for us. I do love a colourful garden. We have a copper beech tree which provides wonderful colour, especially when the sun is shining. It gleams in the sunlight so beautifully. We also have a small weeping japanese maple, with gorgeously coloured foliage at this time of year. :)

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status