• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

What's your favorite TED Talk..?

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by Landon Caeli, May 23, 2020.

1. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli Well-Known Member

+2,700
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Just curious if anyone here has a personal favorite TED Talk they would like to recommend?

I heard this one last night, on a long drive, and thought it was pretty good.

Do we see reality as it is?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. MehGuy

MehGuy We are highly neotenous apes.. Supporter

+7,162
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Interesting discussion about the nature of relationships and romance styles.

3. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+9,202
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    What happens when you reply to spam:

4. ~Cassia~

~Cassia~ A begger telling beggars where to find bread Supporter

+10,954
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Apparently the vulnerability to care is falling mainly upon the women thru the pandemic. How does that compare to the statistics of the degrees of love contained therein?

5. jacks

jacks Er Victus Supporter

+1,296
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I don't have a favorite TED talk, many of them are great. The one you posted was very interesting. Now while he at the end slightly dismisses Berkely's view on the ultimate reality; I think he will find, it eventually leads to God.

6. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli Well-Known Member

+2,700
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Could women really be predisposed to deal better with the vulnerabilities associated with care / love than men?

...That's a great question.

7. ~Cassia~

~Cassia~ A begger telling beggars where to find bread Supporter

+10,954
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    The studies are showing that those offices are being deserted by men and left to women to deal with alone for some reason during this lockdown.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+12,895
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Literally the only TED talk I've watched is beachballs.

9. Soyeong

Soyeong Well-Known Member

+3,172
    Messianic
    Single

10. GreekOrthodox

GreekOrthodox Psalti Chrysostom

+992
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I was blessed to have this wonderful young man in my scout troop. I sat on a couple advancement boards and he always amazed me. Memory eternal Sam

11. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+4,876
    Atheist
    I think Hoffman is barking up the wrong tree... but that's another story.

One of the TED talks that sticks in my mind is Dan Palotta's talk on Charity: