What's your favorite shotgun?

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟66,725.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Saw a meme saying there is twice the chance of being hit by an asteroid that of dying of covid19, yes, the fear generated intentionally by the media, leftists, etc, to knock dumbed down Americans and other out of the global economy has been successful. My experience with Turkish arms is that they are good, solid, well made products.
Many friends I know enjoy and are quite pleased with Charles Daly Brand Turkish made shotguns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Saw a meme saying there is twice the chance of being hit by an asteroid that of dying of covid19, yes, the fear generated intentionally by the media, leftists, etc, to knock dumbed down Americans and other out of the global economy has been successful. My experience with Turkish arms is that they are good, solid, well made products.
Many friends I know enjoy and are quite pleased with Charles Daly Brand Turkish made shotguns.

If 200,000 people got hit by asteroids, you would think someone would have heard about it. And for those who think the numbers are made up and grossly overinflated, if 50 people were hit by asteroids over an 8 month period, it would be all over both the real and fake news.

Upvote 0

SJP51

Jul 21, 2019
Nacogdoches
✟14,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If 200,000 people got hit by asteroids, you would think someone would have heard about it. And for those who think the numbers are made up and grossly overinflated, if 50 people were hit by asteroids over an 8 month period, it would be all over both the real and fake news.
Agree about the asteroids. If that many were hit by asteroids it'd be news. However, far more die from the regular flu each year and we hear nothing about it.

Fact is, if you're +65 years old, overweight, out of shape, have asthma or diabetes or etc. then you are at risk of dieing if you get a nasty viral infection that hits the lungs. Doesn't matter if it's flu or covid or somehting else. Take reasonable precuations, trust in the Lord, and live your life not locked up in the house.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

SJP51

Jul 21, 2019
Nacogdoches
✟14,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now, back to shotguns..... Those AR platform shotguns are cool looking. But the mags only hold 5 rounds? Given the miriad of issues an autoloader can have, I'll stick with a 18" barrelled Rem 870 pump with mag extension (5+1 rounds) for home defense.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Resto
Upvote 0

Tobyjoe

Sep 24, 2020
usa
✟78,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good thread. Don't have a fav because I need them to do different things. Have different gauges for skeet/doves, bigger birds and home defense. Also, left handed. Trigger guard safeties are awkward and don't work for me when hunting. Most gunstocks have pitch/cast for righties. Have owned a 870 wingmaster. Was reliable and the action was way smoother than the later express versions. Think it'll be worth the time to look for a wingmaster.
My houseguns are a mossberg 590a1 9 shot version and moss 20 gauge bantam tactical. The 20 is for the ladies in the house. Shot them a bit and can trust them to work. Mossberg no longer lists that 20, stock number 54300. The 20 has an 8 shot mag, ghost ring sights and a butt pad extender for a 12-13" lop. It's 6 pounds so stout loads will be felt. I reload so practice slugs and buckshot are reduced loads (and recoil). This also makes inertial recoil systems not practical for me. The Benelli M4, being gas operated is something I'd like to try.

Last project I did was refinish and convert a browning bps upland to be able to do home defense duties. Upland version comes stock with a 22 in barrel, a little short for hunting and a little long for home defense.
It'll do everything but not particularly well. Pic:
683071FF-AD2A-4E95-96F4-71F702EA5CB9_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟66,725.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
16 Gauge is actually a better gauge for most people, I have heard 12 gauge was arrived at as a 12 gauge magnum would stop a charging leopard, and that was deemed to be the requirement that needed to be met, we don't have many charging leopards in these states.

Upvote 0

Tobyjoe

Sep 24, 2020
usa
✟78,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
16 Gauge is actually a better gauge for most people, I have heard 12 gauge was arrived at as a 12 gauge magnum would stop a charging leopard, and that was deemed to be the requirement that needed to be met, we don't have many charging leopards in these states.

Yes, zero leopards in these here parts :sorry:. The trend I see now, imho, is to prep for multiple, intelligent, 200+ pound predators that would break in to your place to kill, steal and destroy. I've read that 16 gauge is making a comeback. Think that a 16 on a 20 gauge frame would be nice to carry on long upland hunts. Is there a 16 gauge tactical shotgun?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tobyjoe

Sep 24, 2020
usa
✟78,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of the 20-12 gauge gap, I use 20 gauge, 1 oz loads and reload 7/8 oz, 12 g loads. Haven't used 20 g magnum shells due to recoil in a light 20 g gun feels the same to me as recoil from a 12. So may as well use a 12. I wouldn't sell a 16 gauge if I had one; see reloading components are available. Now that you got me thinking about it, maybe I'd get a classic 16 pump, if it came my way and was a bargain. If the 16 really does make a comeback then we'd see more 16 g on store shelves.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Which make and model of shotgun is your favorite, from personal experience?

My main focus is home defense, rather than hunting or trap/skeet.

Why is it your favorite (smooth action, reliability, accuracy, ease of use, etc.)?

20 gauge Mossberg 500.

Upvote 0