What's Your Favorite Movie or T.V. Scene?

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok, guys and gals! Here's one for fun, if you're interested. See if you can find a 2 to 5 minute (or slightly more if needed) you-tube movie scene from a movie (or t.v. show) that struck a strong emotional chord with you when you saw it for the first time ....

Identify what movie the scene is from and why is it resonates with you. [Of course, don't pick something that's too violent, too sexy, or too full of explicit language. ]

Ok. So, one of my favorite movie scenes is from the animated film, The Iron Giant. And this scene struck a chord with me emotionally when I saw the Iron Giant 'react' to a situation involving what appeared to be some very dire consequences for his earthly friend....... :cool:

Reactions: Dirk1540

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
See if you can find a 2 to 5 minute (or slightly more if needed) you-tube movie scene from a movie (or t.v. show) that struck a strong emotional chord with you when you saw it for the first time ....
I apologize if I’m about to put a negative spin on your thread, but I can’t forget how emotionally distraught I was when I first watched this scene knowing that my IQ would never be the same again...

• Haha
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I apologize if I’m about to put a negative spin on your thread, but I can’t forget how emotionally distraught I was when I first watched this scene knowing that my IQ would never be the same again...

ROFL! I've never seen this movie...................but since I like Adam Sandler, I guess it's time! ^_^ [Anyway, I think this counts. Thanks, Dirk! I needed that!]

Reactions: Dirk1540
Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Some very short moments in some movies I find a bit captivating, the way that someone gives a look. I would have to brainstorm on some of them, but one example is in the first Rocky movie, when it first started to occur to people that this total nobody was actually taking it to the champ...and the camera focused in on the ring announcer’s face. His face said it all. I like little moments like that in a movie.

There was another scene in a Chuck Norris movie called Silent Rage. Chuck Norris was a sheriff and was a nice guy. He had been hunting this killer and towards the end of the movie he found his deputy near death, then he died. The way that Chuck stood up, put his hat on, and walked away with this sort of ‘The nice guy is gone’ controlled anger in his face was really cool. There are other tiny moments like that that I’d have to try to remember. Btw I think Chuck Norris make a lot of cheesy movies lol but Silent Rage was one of my favorite ones. Octagon was pretty good.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In 2016, in my walk with the Lord, God talked to my heart not to watch secular movies anymore (See 1 John 2:15-17). They are filled with sinful things that can make you stumble or think the wrong way. So I would only encourage other believers (who truly want to follow Jesus) to watch Christian films (that would inspire them in studying God's Word more and applying it to their lives). Anyways, while these are not exactly my favorite movies scenes, here are my top five favorite Christian films of all time.

398456.jpg

71Br5rRCICL._SY445_.jpg

012997.jpg

27ab8db36c95c40f05302882841d6831e2c3c6fc_1600.jpg

Champion_01.jpg

Here are the trailers:

1. Time-Changer:

2. What if:

3. The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry:
(Featurette):

4. The Redemption of Henry Myers:

5. Champion:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As for my favorite Christian scenes that are available to view on YouTube:

1. Son of God's Lord's supper scene:

2. Son of God's ending scene with John:

3. Son of God's crucifixion scene:

4. Bible Mini Series' Paul's speech on love (Words taken from 1 Corinthians 13):

5. Risen's Clavious's scene on witnessing Christ alive after His resurrection:

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
This is, in the opinion of both my wife and I, the most well crafted scene ever in a spectacular movie. Warning: there are two F-Bombs.

If you haven't seen the movie, all you need to know to set up the clip is that it's about a guy who is haunted by a ghost living in his house.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, guys and gals! Here's one for fun, if you're interested. See if you can find a 2 to 5 minute (or slightly more if needed) you-tube movie scene from a movie (or t.v. show) that struck a strong emotional chord with you when you saw it for the first time ....

Perhaps in each of the movie scenes I posted the chord struck was only somewhat emotional, more contemplative which has some emotional aspect. The Godfather scene stirred this sense of hypocrisy in that we can put on this outward air of the sacred which belies our true nature.

The "In Cold Blood" scene it too gives thought to both an outward and inward sense where the rain flows down his face like tears.

In "Sideways" his descriptive of the Pinot wine/grapes as a descriptive of himself... unknowingly or subconsciously. At some level there is an honesty that we try and cover yet surfaces in some ways.

Such scenes bring to mind how we often fool ourselves, and certainly others with our facade. Pascal wrote - "We do not content ourselves with the life we have in ourselves and in our own being; we desire to live an imaginary life in the mind of others, and for this purpose we endeavour to shine. We labour unceasingly to adorn and preserve this imaginary existence, and neglect the real. And if we possess calmness, or generosity, or truthfulness, we are eager to make it known, so as to attach these virtues to that imaginary existence. We would rather separate them from ourselves to join them to it; and we would willingly be cowards in order to acquire the reputation of being brave."

• Winner
Upvote 0