Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Toaster oven, hands down. I use it several times a day, from breakfast to evening snacks of leftover pizza. I use my oven for pizza, bread, and drying firewood. The rest is cooked or warmed up in the toaster oven. Hardly ever use the microwave.

toaster oven.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
My potato ricer:

oxo-specialty-kitchen-gadgets-26981-64_1000.jpg

I have riced potatoes at least every other week and often once a week. It is also handy for many other uses. I will grate raw potatoes into a large bowl of water for homemade hash browns. That gets rid of excessive starch, but then one has to get rid of the water from the potatoes. Packing it full and pressing the water out is a perfect serving for one.

Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

ProGoddess

Daughter of My Lord
Jan 15, 2017
Heaven
✟28,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Toaster oven, hands down. I use it several times a day, from breakfast to evening snacks of leftover pizza. I use my oven for pizza, bread, and drying firewood. The rest is cooked or warmed up in the toaster over. Hardly ever use the microwave.

View attachment 220268

This is useful too.. besides the microwave.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Toaster oven, hands down. I use it several times a day, from breakfast to evening snacks of leftover pizza. I use my oven for pizza, bread, and drying firewood. The rest is cooked or warmed up in the toaster over. Hardly ever use the microwave.

View attachment 220268
Firewood?? Must be kindling size? :)

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Having never grown up with a dishwasher, that tops my list, especially during the holidays. Next comes the food processor; shreds cheese in a fraction of the time, saves the hands, put on mixing attachment and you can make most doughs, use the knife blade to mince anything from meat to onions. For days like today, when my hands are really sore from working in the garden, I like being able to throw the veggies I need for stuffing my chicken in the food processor, and with a few pulses, everything is evenly chopped.

I grew up with a dishwasher then didn't have one for awhile, then got one, and in the last 10 or so years haven't had one. As I get older it's harder and harder for me to do dishes and we eat in a lot because I have such a finicky diet, so I know what you mean!

The dishwasher! As a kid, we didn't have one, so now to be able to load up the dishwasher and have clean dishes 90 minutes later is like magic.

I've finally gotten a dishwasher! It's a portable one that sides on my countertop and does a great job if the pod works, if not I end up washing the dishes the old way. I'd heard of portable ones that roll around on the floor but not a countertop model. It wasn't too expensive and I have it in a very convenient spot. Helps a lot for me and hubby who both have standing mobility issues.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I really don’t have a favorite, but if I did, it would be on this shelf.

34yts8j.jpg
I take it that's your personal chef's rack AJ? I've got a similar one to hold my excess appliances, dishware and food, love it.

Since you can't pick one, can you tell me about the wrapping on your cast iron cookware? I would think that might hold in moisture, a no-no for sure for CI.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
It can be an 'appliance' or Tool, just tell us what you wouldn't want to be without in your kitchen.

My favorite for years (I'm on my second one they last pretty long) is my handheld mixer.

This is great for getting any lumps out of gravy, making pureed soups without having to transfer to blender and back in the pan. Great for pumpkin or butternut squash soup. Can be used for baby food as well.

I also love it in the summer when the tomatoes are coming in, I cook my tomatoes down on stove or roast in oven with skins on and when done, just use this to quickly puree the sauce. It chopped up the skins with no problem and helps to enrich the sauce too. It may be pureed but it still has good thick body.

I also use to make smoothies.

Throw whatever you want in a glass it will fit in and give a quick whirl.

My latest consists of a bit of 1% milk, a sliced up banana, some Peanut butter powder (really great stuff) chia seeds, some hemp, Green Tea powder and my mashed up vitamins and suppliments.

It really tastes great and boosts the energy as long as I don't put in the garlic tablets I take, that doesn't go well in there. :eek:

Bungeo-ppang iron.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I take it that's your personal chef's rack AJ? I've got a similar one to hold my excess appliances, dishware and food, love it.

Since you can't pick one, can you tell me about the wrapping on your cast iron cookware? I would think that might hold in moisture, a no-no for sure for CI.

It has been well seasoned and sprayed down with oil before wrapping. The wrap was left over from putting them up for winter. My central heat puts out a lot of dust and it is attracted to the oil. I did not wrap them this last winter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It has been well seasoned and sprayed down with oil before wrapping. The wrap was left over from putting them up for winter. My central heat puts out a lot of dust and it is attracted to the oil. I did not wrap them this last winter.
Ah, dust covers. :oldthumbsup:

I keep most of mine by the stove in a pan rack, that way I don't have to move them far to use them and the heat from the stove keeps them relatively dry. I also place a unused coffee filter between those that are stacked on top of each other just to wick up any moisture that may be in the air. :)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ah, that's what happens when you read too fast. I saw this:

Toaster oven, hands down.

And didn't catch the regular oven further down. My bad. :doh: :)

That explains it (I was wondering). :scratch:

Upvote 0

Amsterdum

Aug 8, 2019
Dhaka
✟8,351.00
Country
Bangladesh
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Married
One of my most favorite kitchen appliances is Ninja Blender. Now I can easily blend anything I want especially cooking components. I don't need to wait for someone else to help. I can do it myself with the help of a blender. Why do I like this one most?

1) Lots of options.
2) Price isn't so high.
3) Large capacity.
4) Can carry workloads.
5) Well designed and shaped.

With the help of others, appliances I make healthy food for my family. LOL!

Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My kitchenaid professional stand mixer.. definitely my #1 fav..

But I don't think there is any tool in my kitchen that I don't cherish. My knives, the high heat silicone whisk, my wooden spoon, my candy thermometer, everything no matter how small or how large I consider indispensable, because I actually cook and bake and use everything I have..

but the stand mixer saves my back kneading dough.. so indispensable at my age, and in my health! lol..

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0