• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

What's your favorite Kitchen Appliance?

Discussion in 'Cooking and Culinary Arts' started by Lulav, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Lulav

Lulav Older than ZIP Codes Staff Member Administrator CF Staff Trainer Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+6,571
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    It can be an 'appliance' or Tool, just tell us what you wouldn't want to be without in your kitchen.

My favorite for years (I'm on my second one they last pretty long) is my handheld mixer.

This is great for getting any lumps out of gravy, making pureed soups without having to transfer to blender and back in the pan. Great for pumpkin or butternut squash soup. Can be used for baby food as well.

I also love it in the summer when the tomatoes are coming in, I cook my tomatoes down on stove or roast in oven with skins on and when done, just use this to quickly puree the sauce. It chopped up the skins with no problem and helps to enrich the sauce too. It may be pureed but it still has good thick body.

I also use to make smoothies.

Throw whatever you want in a glass it will fit in and give a quick whirl.

My latest consists of a bit of 1% milk, a sliced up banana, some Peanut butter powder (really great stuff) chia seeds, some hemp, Green Tea powder and my mashed up vitamins and suppliments.

It really tastes great and boosts the energy as long as I don't put in the garlic tablets I take, that doesn't go well in there. :eek:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. DawnInVirginia

DawnInVirginia Active Member

+161
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Having never grown up with a dishwasher, that tops my list, especially during the holidays. Next comes the food processor; shreds cheese in a fraction of the time, saves the hands, put on mixing attachment and you can make most doughs, use the knife blade to mince anything from meat to onions. For days like today, when my hands are really sore from working in the garden, I like being able to throw the veggies I need for stuffing my chicken in the food processor, and with a few pulses, everything is evenly chopped.

3. Lulav

Lulav Older than ZIP Codes Staff Member Administrator CF Staff Trainer Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+6,571
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    I grew up with a dishwasher then didn't have one for awhile, then got one, and in the last 10 or so years haven't had one. As I get older it's harder and harder for me to do dishes and we eat in a lot because I have such a finicky diet, so I know what you mean!

I love my processors too. Especially my newest one, a baby or mini one by Cuisinart. I don't have to get the big one dirty to chop up some veggies for a salad or make a quick guacamole. It chops up a small amount of herbs which would get lost in my large one and it's easier to clean too. :)

4. MWood

MWood Newbie

+7,967
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    My black iron pots and pans. Nothing, and I mean nothing cooks like black iron. And the taste is superb.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Lulav

+6,571
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Yes and the uncoated ones help with your iron requirements! :) I have some that I use on occasion, but they are heavy and my back doesn't allow too much heavy lifting so I have to limit myself. I did find however a iron covered cassolette to be the perfect mini deep fryer. It keeps the oil at the proper temp and you don't have to worry about turning up the heat when adding new pieces. I keep my oil in there and use it just for the rare occasional deep frying, mostly of battered veggies. :) I keep my flat iron griddle in the oven for storage and when using the oven it helps to keep the temp regulated in there as well.

6. MWood

MWood Newbie

+7,967
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Bless your heart, Lulav. And that is truly the only draw back of using black iron. It is quite heavy even for me. The infirmities of old age, you know. lol

7. Lulav

+6,571
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    LOL, I know what you mean. I think of the 'old days' the colonial days when they cooked over an open fire in a huge pot, but they had it rigged up to move in and out of the fire easily. Now if I could hook something up a litttttttttle smaller in my kitchen, we'd be in business! :)

8. JustOneWay

JustOneWay :)

+6,179
    Lutheran
    Private
    My chefs knife.

9. Hieronymus

Hieronymus Well-Known Member

+2,871
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Single
    my cheese slicer.

[​IMG]

10. FreeinChrist

FreeinChrist CF Advisory team Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+10,847
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    My Ninja with the processor attachment and mixer attachment - that is my favorite and now I can't see living without it. I love smoothies, and make my own bread crumbs, and use the mixer part since my handheld mixer died after 40 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. HouseCat71

HouseCat71 .

+143
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    My mother's old Oyster blender that I inherited. I've never found a blender that will crush up ice or frozen stuff better. Don't make them like this one anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. morse86

morse86 Junior Member

+568
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    Toaster.

Matthew 6:11:
    Give us this day our daily bread.

13. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+5,157
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    Just one?!! I love my Kitchen aid mixer---I bake all our own breads and stuff and my hands jut can't knead dough like I used to. Then my Vitamix--love it, I also have the blender jar for grinding flours--great--only does about 2 cups at a time, but that is perfect for what I use it for. My caste iron pans I love. My Food processor and I just got a mandolin that is great.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Rhapsody

Rhapsody Well-Known Member

+509
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    The coffee grinder-- I think it does a superior job converting things into flours/powders, and the whole Vitamix isn't left to clean afterwards. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  15. YESLORDIWILL

YESLORDIWILL Have you not read? 1Sa 20-22, Ps 52

+232
    Christian
    Private
    Yeah, the vitamix is not great for small jobs. I love my oster blender! Probably the m:eek:st popular blender of all time! Anyway, any regular mouth mason fits the base. One cup, pint, quart...whatever! Very convenient for nuts, spices, coffee beans...smoothies :•) ...the possibilities are endless.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Rhapsody

Rhapsody Well-Known Member

+509
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Nice! How did you stumble on this trick?

17. YESLORDIWILL

YESLORDIWILL Have you not read? 1Sa 20-22, Ps 52

+232
    Christian
    Private
    It's been more than 10 years ago, I'm not even sure ...probably just tried it out and it worked!

18. Poppyseed78

Poppyseed78 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,283
    Christian
    Married
    The dishwasher! As a kid, we didn't have one, so now to be able to load up the dishwasher and have clean dishes 90 minutes later is like magic.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+15,913
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I know the feeling! :)

Up here we have a chain called Kitchen Stuff, and they have a lot of useful kitchen gadgets and appliances.

20. Goodbook

Goodbook Reading the Bible

+5,049
    Christian
    In Relationship
    This rubber or silicone thing that opens hard to open jars. I dont know what its called. Its made by tupperware, and also their can opener. They make the best can opener.