In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all.:wave:

I have been using Vivaldi browser for the last several years; and thought it was a little known one; but was pleasantly surprised to find it top rated by the Youtube channel Techgumbo:

It is a Chromium based browser so you can use all the add-ons in the Chrome web site.

The most favorite feature that I like about it is the easy to use screen-shot grabber; as I post a lot of images to CF. Second would be the built in ad-blocker; it works so well; I forget the net even has ads. :)

They have a beta for Android devices as well; that just came out last fall.

What is your current favorite browser?

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,224,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I have a Chrombook with a built in Chrome browser. Its is such a hassle free platform. No massive updates that hijack the machine for half a day. No paint in the tails Java with its adware based helper objects either. The Chromebook and its browser isn't crippled by bloatware. So I would have to say Chrome on a Chromebook is my favorite browser.

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I like Chrome mostly, though I get annoyed with its incessant memory leakage, so may try Vivaldi now that you've told us about it. :)

However, I also use Bing (on Android) a lot due to the Microsoft Rewards program and I can often get a year of Xbox Live Gold for "free" by building up enough points from browsing on Bing, so even on Chrome on my PC, I'll use Bing for search engine.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
On my desktop PC and touchscreen laptop I run Fedora Workstation (a Linux distribution).

The default browser is Firefox which is a good all rounder and handy if you need to use certain extensions.

For day to day use, I use the Epiphany (Gnome) Web Browser because it loads up faster than Firefox, is clean and simple to use and works beautifully with my touch interface. It handles most sites pretty well. I have a plugin called Lightspark installed which handles all the rich multimedia content without needing to install Adobe Flash.

Screenshot from 2020-01-04 22-59-59.png

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Ever since Firefox was released, that has been my browser of choice.

I did try others, such as Chrome and MS Edge, but I always go back to Firefox.

Does it work good on a tablet

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi all.:wave:

I have been using Vivaldi browser for the last several years; and thought it was a little known one; but was pleasantly surprised to find it top rated by the Youtube channel Techgumbo:

It is a Chromium based browser so you can use all the add-ons in the Chrome web site.

The most favorite feature that I like about it is the easy to use screen-shot grabber; as I post a lot of images to CF. Second would be the built in ad-blocker; it works so well; I forget the net even has ads. :)

They have a beta for Android devices as well; that just came out last fall.

What is your current favorite browser?

I use safari I guess I am just comfortable with it.. I also have Firefox and chrome ...Just remembering I had Brave on my old computer.. they say they are the most private ..may try that again

Upvote 0

HantsUK

Oct 27, 2009
Hampshire, England
✟215,131.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I use FF the most, but also Chrome and Safari on Mac, and IE & FF on PC. Sometimes all together. For example, I have cookies disabled on FF for any Goggle sites, but that stops me logging into Goggle, so use Chrome if I need to log in to Goggle.
If I am doing anything financial, then I will not have any other websites open on that browser (in other tabs/windows), and will use a 2nd browser to look at other sites at the same time.
If a website limits how many pages/views you can do before having to login, you can continue on a 2nd (or 3rd) browser.
Or use one browser to log into Facebook, and another browser to view FB when not logged in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I use FF the most, but also Chrome and Safari on Mac, and IE & FF on PC. Sometimes all together. For example, I have cookies disabled on FF for any Goggle sites, but that stops me logging into Goggle, so use Chrome if I need to log in to Goggle.
If I am doing anything financial, then I will not have any other websites open on that browser (in other tabs/windows), and will use a 2nd browser to look at other sites at the same time.
If a website limits how many pages/views you can do before having to login, you can continue on a 2nd (or 3rd) browser.
Or use one browser to log into Facebook, and another browser to view FB when not logged in.

Oh; I didn't know that using a different browser would allow you to post more to sites that limit free views; I'll have to try that for ones like the Washington Post. Thanks.

Upvote 0

HantsUK

Oct 27, 2009
Hampshire, England
✟215,131.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Oh; I didn't know that using a different browser would allow you to post more to sites that limit free views; I'll have to try that for ones like the Washington Post. Thanks.
It will depend on how the site tracks your visits. A different browser is normally seen as a different user (and two people using the same browser will be seen as one person). Try it and see.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I use safari I guess I am just comfortable with it.. I also have Firefox and chrome ...Just remembering I had Brave on my old computer.. they say they are the most private ..may try that again
Hi; you seem to know a lot more than me about computer browsers; my wife is the expert at home, here also...

Upvote 0