✟8,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,
I am thankful and blessed to be a part of this forum. I have been a Christian for many years but was never taught how to hear God's voice in the church. As I raise my two daughters, I realize that they face the same situation. I do my best to teach them how to hear God but feel like I could do so much better.

I asked my 14-year-old daughter today if she feels that she hears from God and she said no. I tried to give her some examples of how God can talk to her and that it doesn't need to be a "voice" that you hear.

I guess my question here is what do you find your biggest frustrations are about hearing God? How do you feel you best hear from God?

I look forward to hearing your responses. May God bless you abundantly.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think Christians, especially charismatics, are often looking for the dramatic, but God speaks to us often in more subtle ways, much like the passage in 1 Kings of the "Still small voice".

1 Kings 19:
11Then the LORD said, “Go out and stand on the mountain before the LORD. Behold, the LORD is about to pass by.” And a great and mighty wind tore into the mountains and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12After the earthquake there was a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a still, smallvoice. 13When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. Suddenly a voice came to him and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

Besides that God also speaks to us through our circumstances. I think the frustration we have with God speaking is more about trying to force him to speak according to our wishes rather than listening to all the messages he may be already sending us via the people around us and so on.

And Besides that some of us God slowness to speak is because of the need for a certain amount of tribulation etc. needed to perfect our Faith.

And fourthly, I think people have trouble coping with boredom. Modern people have low attention spans. In reading the Bible I very much get the impression that many people of Faith did not hear from God every day, but that there were large time gaps between their big spiritual experiences and revelations. And in between those times they had to walk the walk. Our Faith is described in the NT as a race (marathon event) rather than a sprint, and that means endurance is the key!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
He speaks to me through His Creation concerning the glory of His handiwork. His Providence speaks concerning His sovereignty and power. He speaks clearest through the Bible and those that faithfully proclaim it.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello,
I am thankful and blessed to be a part of this forum. I have been a Christian for many years but was never taught how to hear God's voice in the church. As I raise my two daughters, I realize that they face the same situation. I do my best to teach them how to hear God but feel like I could do so much better.

I asked my 14-year-old daughter today if she feels that she hears from God and she said no. I tried to give her some examples of how God can talk to her and that it doesn't need to be a "voice" that you hear.

I guess my question here is what do you find your biggest frustrations are about hearing God? How do you feel you best hear from God?

Reading and meditating on Scripture first, reading and hearing from those who are faithful to teaching Christ centered Biblical truth. Praying and the Spirit working on my conscience and bringing Scripture to my remembrance are other ways. When the Spirit convicts me of sin I know it is God speaking and drawing me to Him towards repentance. My biggest frustration has more to do with knowing the will of God in the details of life, because those details are not all, or clearly taught or revealed in Scripture, but then again, I am not part of the original intended audience either, application comes from implications.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
He speaks ! Are we listening ? Are we really listening ? And more importantly are we just plain following the orders we hear when we do hear ? He speaks in many ways, one is posted above and also has been in my signature line for quite a while now, and that is the still small voice. That voice is inside of us, it's around us too. We get signs but are we listening ? Are we really listening and are we responding ? The more we respond the more we will hear , we get entrusted in . Why should He speak if we are not going to respond and all the more so if not to listen ?

He speaks to me in several ways. Experiences are one way and they range from some sort of manifestation, simple or more profound. But also with that voice, often scripture related. It comes as a thought, often of any particular scripture. The first time this happened to me it was first Corinthians, over an over again all day long in my mind I was repeating the words first Corinthians. So I read 1 Cor. When I got done in my mind came second Corinthians, so I read that. Then I read them both again. About two weeks later we had bible study, the pastor present said open your books to first Corinthians.

Have you ever wondered why you might have read a verse 20 different times but one day you read it and it has this huge impact on you this time ? That is the Lord speaking to you, this time that scripture is for you or for something in your life or about what might be going on, the other times it wasn't.. Don't take it for granted. I prayed for a scripture to read to someone slowly coming to the Lord and opened my bible randomly, it landed on Proverbs 3. What I read and the reality of that as it should be pertaining to this person shook me, I shivered and said thank you Lord. That experience was so profound it was as if Jesus Christ Himself was pointing at the pages as I read it and saying here David, this is it.. He was certainly present.

People you "coincidentally" meet just as you needed someone like that. If God isn't speaking in that then who was ? He is in the little things we tend to blow off. Are hunches you have really from you ? Who is to say ?

And we must have faith and trust. Amen ? Amen . Abraham believed God against odds and God deemed him righteous.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
When I came to Christ there were revivals, camp meetings, and conferences everywhere. Now I am hard pressed to find them. I would classify my life early on as rich in spiritual experience, like given in the stories below..The old Pentecostal Holiness preserved the old Methodist revival that occurred 100 years before them. The man who tells this best was GC Rankin.

George Clark Rankin was sent to Georgia after his grandfather could no longer care for him and tells his story. On his belongings in a satchel he had a Colt's navy pistol of a large make. It was an old weapon, and what under the sun I wanted with it is a mystery to me to this good day. I reached the station in time to catch the eleven-o' clock train. I purchased my ticket and boarded the car for the first time in my life. I had one lone lorn fifty-cent piece left in my depleted purse, and that was the sum and substance of my finances for the rest of the trip. As the train whizzed along I looked first at the people and then through the window at the country and thought over my journey and what was to come of it. At nine o'clock we reached Dalton and disembarked. I had never been in a hotel. I saw one not far from the depot and went to it. I asked the clerk what he would charge me for a room that night and he said fifty cents. That was exactly my pile! I called for the accommodation, but before retiring I told him I wanted to leave very early the next morning for Spring Place and that I would pay him then, for no one would be up when I would leave. He smiled and took the silver half dollar. I went to my room, and solitude is no name for the room I occupied that night. After a while I fell into a sound sleep and awoke bright and early the next morning. It was not good daylight. I arose and hastened downstairs, and there sat the same clerk whom I had the night before it had never dawned on me that a hotel clerk sat up all night. I thanked him for his kindness and bade him good-bye in regular old country style.

It was not long until I was in the road and making tracks across the country to where my uncle lived. It was in 1866 and the marks of Sherman's march to the sea were everywhere visible. The country was very much out of repair and all around Dalton the earth was marked with breastworks. Every hill showed signs of war. Much of the fencing had not been restored and here and there I could see blackened chimneys still standing. After I had gotten out a few miles I stopped and took that old pistol with its belt and scabbard out of my satchel and buckled the war paraphernalia around my person on the outside of my coat. Just why I did this I cannot explain. I must have looked a caution in my homespun suit and rural air trudging along that highway with that old army pistol fastened around me. In going down a hill toward a ravine from which there was another hill in front of me I met two men horseback. There were two others riding down the hill in front of me, and as the first two passed me they stopped and looked back at the others and shouted: "Lookout, boys, he is loaded!"
In the course of an hour I was at my uncle's. He was surprised to see me, but gave me a cordial welcome. The first thing he did was to disarm me, and that ended my pistol-toting. I have never had one about my person or home to this good day. And I never will understand just why I had that one. A good dinner refreshed me and I soon unfolded my plans and they were satisfactory to my kind-hearted kinsman. He was in the midst of cotton-picking and that afternoon I went to the field and, with a long sack about my waist, had my first experience in the cottonfield. We then would get ready for the revival occurring that night…

After the team had been fed and we had been to supper we put the mules to the wagon, filled it with chairs and we were off to the meeting. When we reached the locality it was about dark and the people were assembling. Their horses and wagons filled up the cleared spaces and the singing was already in progress. My uncle and his family went well up toward the front, but I dropped into a seat well to the rear. It was an old-fashioned Church, ancient in appearance, oblong in shape and unpretentious. It was situated in a grove about one hundred yards from the road. It was lighted with old tallow-dip candles furnished by the neighbors. It was not a prepossessing-looking place, but it was soon crowded and evidently there was a great deal of interest. A cadaverous-looking man stood up in front with a tuning fork and raised and led the songs. There were a few prayers and the minister came in with his saddlebags and entered the pulpit. He was the Rev. W. H. Heath, the circuit rider. His prayer impressed me with his earnestness and there were many amens to it in the audience. I do not remember his text, but it was a typical revival sermon, full of unction and power.

At its close he invited penitents to the altar and a great many young people flocked to it and bowed for prayer. Many of them became very much affected and they cried out distressingly for mercy. It had a strange effect on me. It made me nervous and I wanted to retire. Directly my uncle came back to me, put his arm around my shoulder and asked me if I did not want to be religious. I told him that I had always had that desire, that mother had brought me up that way, and really I did not know anything else. Then he wanted to know if I had ever professed religion. I hardly understood what he meant and did not answer him. He changed his question and asked me if I had ever been to the altar for prayer, and I answered him in the negative. Then he earnestly besought me to let him take me up to the altar and join the others in being prayed for. It really embarrassed me and I hardly knew what to say to him. He spoke to me of my mother and said that when she was a little girl she went to the altar and that Christ accepted her and she had been a good Christian all these years. That touched me in a tender spot, for mother always did do what was right; and then I was far away from her and wanted to see her. Oh, if she were there to tell me what to do!

By and by I yielded to his entreaty and he led forward to the altar. The minister took me by the hand and spoke tenderly to me as I knelt at the altar. I had gone more out of sympathy than conviction, and I did not know what to do after I bowed there. The others were praying aloud and now and then one would rise shoutingly happy and make the old building ring with his glad praise. It was a novel experience to me. I did not know what to pray for, neither did I know what to expect if I did pray. I spent the most of the hour wondering why I was there and what it all meant. No one explained anything to me. Once in awhile some good old brother or sister would pass my way, strike me on the back and tell me to look up and believe and the blessing would come. But that was not encouraging to me. In fact, it sounded like nonsense and the noise was distracting me. Even in my crude way of thinking I had an idea that religion was a sensible thing and that people ought to become religious intelligently and without all that hurrah. I presume that my ideas were the result of the Presbyterian training given to me by old grandfather. By and by my knees grew tired and the skin was nearly rubbed off my elbows. I thought the service never would close, and when it did conclude with the benediction I heaved a sigh of relief. That was my first experience at the mourner's bench.

As we drove home I did not have much to say, but I listened attentively to the conversation between my uncle and his wife. They were greatly impressed with the meeting, and they spoke first of this one and that one who had "come through" and what a change it would make in the community, as many of them were bad boys. As we were putting up the team my uncle spoke very encouragingly to me; he was delighted with the step I had taken and he pleaded with me not to turn back, but to press on until I found the pearl of great price. He knew my mother would be very happy over the start I had made. Before going to sleep I fell into a train of thought, though I was tired and exhausted. I wondered why I had gone to that altar and what I had gained by it. I felt no special conviction and had received no special impression, but then if my mother had started that way there must be something in it, for she always did what was right. I silently lifted my heart to God in prayer for conviction and guidance. I knew how to pray, for I had come up through prayer, but not the mourner's bench sort. So I determined to continue to attend the meeting and keep on going to the altar until I got religion.

Early the next morning I was up and in a serious frame of mind. I went with the other hands to the cottonfield and at noon I slipped off in the barn and prayed. But the more I thought of the way those young people were moved in the meeting and with what glad hearts they had shouted their praises to God the more it puzzled and confused me. I could not feel the conviction that they had and my heart did not feel melted and tender. I was callous and unmoved in feeling and my distress on account of sin was nothing like theirs. I did not understand my own state of mind and heart. It troubled me, for by this time I really wanted to have an experience like theirs.

When evening came I was ready for Church service and was glad to go. It required no urging. Another large crowd was present and the preacher was as earnest as ever. I did not give much heed to the sermon. In fact, I do not recall a word of it. I was anxious for him to conclude and give me a chance to go to the altar. I had gotten it into my head that there was some real virtue in the mourner's bench; and when the time came I was one of the first to prostrate myself before the altar in prayer. Many others did likewise. Two or three good people at intervals knelt by me and spoke encouragingly to me, but they did not help me. Their talks were mere exhortations to earnestness and faith, but there was no explanation of faith, neither was there any light thrown upon my mind and heart. I wrought myself up into tears and cries for help, but the whole situation was dark and I hardly knew why I cried, or what was the trouble with me. Now and then others would arise from the altar in an ecstasy of joy, but there was no joy for me. When the service closed I was discouraged and felt that maybe I was too hardhearted and the good Spirit could do nothing for me.

After we went home I tossed on the bed before going to sleep and wondered why God did not do for me what he had done for mother and what he was doing in that meeting for those young people at the altar. I could not understand it. But I resolved to keep on trying, and so dropped off to sleep. The next day I had about the same experience and at night saw no change in my condition. And so for several nights I repeated the same distressing experience. The meeting took on such interest that a day service was adopted along with the night exercises, and we attended that also. And one morning while I bowed at the altar in a very disturbed state of mind Brother Tyson, a good local preacher and the father of Rev. J. F. Tyson, now of the Central Conference, sat down by me and, putting his hand on my shoulder, said to me: "Now I want you to sit up awhile and let's talk this matter over quietly. I am sure that you are in earnest, for you have been coming to this altar night after night for several days. I want to ask you a few simple questions." And the following questions were asked and answered:

"My son, do you not love God?"

"I cannot remember when I did not love him."

"Do you believe on his Son, Jesus Christ?"

"I have always believed on Christ. My mother taught me that from my earliest recollection."

"Do you accept him as your Savior?"

"I certainly do, and have always done so."

"Can you think of any sin that is between you and the Savior?"

"No, sir; for I have never committed any bad sins."

"Do you love everybody?"

"Well, I love nearly everybody, but I have no ill-will toward any one. An old man did me a wrong not long ago and I acted ugly toward him, but I do not care to injure him."

"Can you forgive him?"

"Yes, if he wanted me to."

"But, down in your heart, can you wish him well?"

"Yes, sir; I can do that."

"Well, now let me say to you that if you love God, if you accept Jesus Christ as your Savior from sin and if you love your fellowmen and intend by God's help to lead a religious life, that's all there is to religion. In fact, that is all I know about it."

Then he repeated several passages of Scriptures to me proving his assertions. I thought a moment and said to him: "But I do not feel like these young people who have been getting religion night after night. I cannot get happy like them. I do not feel like shouting."

The good man looked at me and smiled and said: "Ah, that's your trouble. You have been trying to feel like them. Now you are not them; you are yourself. You have your own quiet disposition and you are not turned like them. They are excitable and blustery like they are. They give way to their feelings. That's all right, but feeling is not religion. Religion is faith and life. If you have violent feeling with it, all good and well, but if you have faith and not much feeling, why the feeling will take care of itself. To love God and accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, turning away from all sin, and living a godly life, is the substance of true religion."

That was new to me, yet it had been my state of mind from childhood. For I remembered that away back in my early life, when the old preacher held services in my grandmother's house one day and opened the door of the Church, I went forward and gave him my hand. He was to receive me into full membership at the end of six months' probation, but he let it pass out of his mind and failed to attend to it.

As I sat there that morning listening to the earnest exhortation of the good man my tears ceased, my distress left me, light broke in upon my mind, my heart grew joyous, and before I knew just what I was doing I was going all around shaking hands with everybody, and my confusion and darkness disappeared and a great burden rolled off my spirit. I felt exactly like I did when I was a little boy around my mother's knee when she told of Jesus and God and Heaven. It made my heart thrill then, and the same old experience returned to me in that old country Church that beautiful September morning down in old North Georgia.

I at once gave my name to the preacher for membership in the Church, and the following Sunday morning, along with many others, he received me into full membership in the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. It was one of the most delightful days in my recollection. It was the third Sunday in September, 1866, and those Church vows became a living principle in my heart and life. During these forty-five long years, with their alternations of sunshine and shadow, daylight and darkness, success and failure, rejoicing and weeping, fears within and fightings without, I have never ceased to thank God for that autumnal day in the long ago when my name was registered in the Lamb's Book of Life.

My biggest frustrations are in the fact that the revivals have dissipated away. One vacation while I was up in Michigan seeing some kin-folk I over heard two ladies say that they heard the Spirit prophesying that, "In the last day the people were going to have to, 'Cut their own paths' " I just know that prophecy was meant for my ears to hear.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh and about the frustration : When I hear but I don't understand what He is saying or why. Recently I've been visiting the hospital chapel and going in to pray . I believe this is from God, to go there and pray, that is the order period. No why, no instructions what to pray on while there. Just go there and pray. It's happened twice so far. I can only guess it's a test to see if I will actually go drive the 13 miles, go into the chapel and say a prayer and drive home 13 miles. It makes little sense but I must respond, so I go. I'm waiting now to see if it repeats.

Reactions: Julie Carruth
Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
[QUOTE="rockytopva, post: 73705145, member: 279443”]...
My biggest frustrations are in the fact that the revivals have dissipated away. One vacation while I was up in Michigan seeing some kin-folk I over heard two ladies say that they heard the Spirit prophesying that, "In the last day the people were going to have to, 'Cut their own paths' " I just know that prophecy was meant for my ears to hear.[/QUOTE]

I remember revivals and I agree in spirit with those two ladies. :)

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My biggest frustration is NOT hearing him at all! Would you mind asking him to speak a little louder? :D
This is a great first post! I love reading people's accounts of the Holy Spirit speaking to them. I wish for this too. Seek and ye shall find right? Welcome to the forums Julie :)

Upvote 0

Julie Carruth

Feb 23, 2019
Weatherford
✟8,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Christians, especially charismatics, are often looking for the dramatic, but God speaks to us often in more subtle ways, much like the passage in 1 Kings of the "Still small voice".

And fourthly, I think people have trouble coping with boredom. Modern people have low attention spans. In reading the Bible I very much get the impression that many people of Faith did not hear from God every day, but that there were large time gaps between their big spiritual experiences and revelations. And in between those times they had to walk the walk. Our Faith is described in the NT as a race (marathon event) rather than a sprint, and that means endurance is the key![/QUOTE

Pavel, thank you for all of your feedback. I agree with you completely. As I was talking with my daughter, I felt like she was looking for the "booming voice" experience to believe that God talks with her. I will continue working with her and clarifying that "gentle whisper" is how most people hear God today.

Also, you are so right about people having trouble coping with boredom. I hardly ever see my two kids without something occupying their mind, whether it be their iPads, smartphones or Netflix playing in the background (or all 3 at once!). How can we ever hear from God if we don't give Him time to speak?? So good, thank you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Julie Carruth

Feb 23, 2019
Weatherford
✟8,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My biggest frustration is NOT hearing him at all! Would you mind asking him to speak a little louder? :D
This is a great first post! I love reading people's accounts of the Holy Spirit speaking to them. I wish for this too. Seek and ye shall find right? Welcome to the forums Julie :)
Thank you! I feel so blessed to have found this forum. I have really enjoyed reading people's responses. What a wonderful God we serve. I love how He speaks to these people in so many different ways.

Upvote 0

Julie Carruth

Feb 23, 2019
Weatherford
✟8,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh and about the frustration : When I hear but I don't understand what He is saying or why. Recently I've been visiting the hospital chapel and going in to pray . I believe this is from God, to go there and pray, that is the order period. No why, no instructions what to pray on while there. Just go there and pray. It's happened twice so far. I can only guess it's a test to see if I will actually go drive the 13 miles, go into the chapel and say a prayer and drive home 13 miles. It makes little sense but I must respond, so I go. I'm waiting now to see if it repeats.

Wow, Dave! That is really cool. I believe that God will honor your obedience and is preparing you for an encounter.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Julie Carruth

Feb 23, 2019
Weatherford
✟8,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then he repeated several passages of Scriptures to me proving his assertions. I thought a moment and said to him: "But I do not feel like these young people who have been getting religion night after night. I cannot get happy like them. I do not feel like shouting."

The good man looked at me and smiled and said: "Ah, that's your trouble. You have been trying to feel like them. Now you are not them; you are yourself. You have your own quiet disposition and you are not turned like them. They are excitable and blustery like they are. They give way to their feelings. That's all right, but feeling is not religion. Religion is faith and life. If you have violent feeling with it, all good and well, but if you have faith and not much feeling, why the feeling will take care of itself. To love God and accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, turning away from all sin, and living a godly life, is the substance of true religion."

I love this part of the story. "Feeling is not religion." I don't have very many emotional experiences in church. I look around and see others that seem to experience more of God than I do, and it makes me wonder if I'm missing something.

Upvote 0

Julie Carruth

Feb 23, 2019
Weatherford
✟8,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He speaks ! Are we listening ? Are we really listening ? And more importantly are we just plain following the orders we hear when we do hear ? He speaks in many ways, one is posted above and also has been in my signature line for quite a while now, and that is the still small voice. That voice is inside of us, it's around us too. We get signs but are we listening ? Are we really listening and are we responding ? The more we respond the more we will hear , we get entrusted in . Why should He speak if we are not going to respond and all the more so if not to listen ?

Dave, I love this. Your right. Why should God continue speaking to me if I never respond to what He's saying? Some of my favorite moments in my life have been when I responded to God's voice and had a spiritual encounter that continued for several minutes. God speaks. I respond. God speaks more. I respond more. I live for those encounters.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I actually just taught on this a few weeks ago. The goal was to provide practical teaching and examples on how to hear God's voice and how to know when you are hearing Him clearly. I had - what I feel - is a really cool explanation of what the "still small voice" is, and what it sounds like. It's too much to put into a single post, but if you are interested, feel free to send me a PM and I can give you a link to the teaching.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

When the 3rd time happens, when you are there, be prepared to listen. Long ago, I heard The Lord speak, "My son, go down to the river". So I left the house, went down the street, and entered the woods. When I got to the river I stood there and once again I heard The Lord say, "My son, what do you see?" I looked at the river and it was cloudy from raining the night before. So I said "the river is cloudy". There was a pause, then I heard, "So you see how the river has turned cloudy, that is how my people have become. My son, take them out of their cloudiness." And if I truly think about it, He has been doing that through me ever since.

Upvote 0

Julie Carruth

Feb 23, 2019
Weatherford
✟8,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When the 3rd time happens, when you are there, be prepared to listen. Long ago, I heard The Lord speak, "My son, go down to the river". So I left the house, went down the street, and entered the woods. When I got to the river I stood there and once again I heard The Lord say, "My son, what do you see?" I looked at the river and it was cloudy from raining the night before. So I said "the river is cloudy". There was a pause, then I heard, "So you see how the river has turned cloudy, that is how my people have become. My son, take them out of their cloudiness." And if I truly think about it, He has been doing that through me ever since.
SO true. I am amazed and saddened at how illiterate our Christian body has become. I am so glad to hear that you are obedient to God's calling on your life to bring others out of the cloudiness.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
SO true. I am amazed and saddened at how illiterate our Christian body has become. I am so glad to hear that you are obedient to God's calling on your life to bring others out of the cloudiness.

How can one not be obedient to a Love such as this.

• Friendly
Upvote 0